Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which Lanka Riven?

(PSN)O_o_II_II_o_O

Question

I have tested both in the Simulacrum and they both compare fairly evenly. Therefore I think its time for Maths. Essentially I'm wondering which would stand up longer in a long survival run.

RIVEN 1

+ 34.1 Dmg to Corpus

+ 70.8 Multishot

+ 119.4% Crit Chance

RIVEN 2

+ 132.7% Multishot

+ 243.9% Dmg

- 70% Impact

General build is RIVEN, Serration, Split Chamber, Point Strike, Vital Sense, Status Element x2, Speed Trigger

Thanks

8 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, (PS4)HR_Pufnstuf_1984 said:

Ok thank you. I leaned towards that but wasn't 100% sure because of the huge decent crit chance from Riven 1.

As everyone said, the 2nd is superior, but i want to focus on this specifically: Lanka is one of the few sniper rifles that can do without any additional crit chance mod save for point strike due to its scope bonus. At minimum scope, Lanka already has a 82.5% crit chance, which goes to 92.5% at the second zoom level and 112.5% at the third. As for any other precision weapon, once you get close enough to 100%, you'll be better off building for crit damage instead, due to the fact that red crits have far less of a jump up in damage compared to yellow crits.

That is, going from a yellow crit to a red crit on the Lanka gives you a 77% damage increase only if you red crit, now compare that to for example to Bladed Rounds which gives you a consistent 55% increase across the board and you quickly see why crit chance stops being so important when you can already crit reliably.