The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When is the last time you failed a mission?

(PSN)B0XMAN517

26 minutes ago, Rolunde said:

What you want to do to get the Prosecutors to spawn is to do a mission where Alarms are a thing (example Exterminate). Let the Grineer set off the alarm and then don't turn it off and take your time moving forward to give them plenty of chances to spawn.

Also if you can, take Nekros and make sure Desecrate is toggled on. 

3 minutes ago, TrinityPrime said:

Silly, you're supposed to capture the target first then camp out for prosecutors. Once you capture the target the whole level goes full alert mode even though there's no visual for the alert being triggered, which begins spawning prosecutors.

Yeah, I'd read everything I could find and had been running Exterminate, Capture, Rescue, Mobile Defense all with triggering the alarms before, during and after the objective, nothing seemed to be working. All done now though.

Back on-topic, I honestly can't remember failing another mission for a long time, but I'm sure it's happened occasionally.

On 11/01/2017 at 8:02 AM, (PS4)B0XMAN517 said:

I'm curious because it hit me the other night that I can't remember the last time I failed a mission. I'll be the first to admit I'm no god at this game, but I honestly can't think of the last time I really felt challenged. This is not intended to be a rant post. Like I said, I'm just curious. When's the last time you failed a mission (not due to a bug)?

Last night, we were doing an ODD for Mutigen Samples and on leaving at wave 30 the clan member with the key got his UI locked up somehow and even though he was clicking extract he was left in mission, as he had the key the other 3 members (including me) failed the mission on extraction.

After cursing WF and it's current network and buggy performance we've been experiencing the last month, we attempted another 30 wave ODD, on wave 16 one of my shadows (I was Nek) refused to die, the thing was immortal, would not change position when 4 was recast, and just wondered around, wave 17 would not start... for 15 minutes we tried to bug it into working. We all flipped tables and aborted mission... fun game... between this S#&$ and loosing all our end game rewards 3 times a day, because "network connection issues" I'm having as blast.

Edited by Carnage2K4

5 hours ago, Irixa said:

You can look up Youtube vids :) there are almost always secret easy/alternate routes or at least tips for each vault

Lol I'm such a neouwb. Didnt realize the ciphers could've used on the data terminals as well, though only alert terminals could use them

Once I figd it out it was a snap. Alot of folks recommended solos on spy, helluva tip - think that helped also 

Despite sometimes bringing the "wrong" frame to spies (thank you random invites, yes I know, I accept them) I can do them without trouble...until my last area to clear Lua introduced spy and rescue on the sorties recently.  Tried spy and began to walk slowly very slowly.  Solo'd capture 4 times but couldn't rescue the target.  Gave up and played public and got 'em lickity split with everyone at a terminal it was easy.  This was the second sortie instance of rescue I played but spy is waaaay worse for me.  While I didn't fail that one (thank you random parkour experts...) it looks like I'm going to have to practice Lua, ain't nobody got time for dat.

• 1 month later...
On 1/10/2017 at 9:32 PM, (PS4)B0XMAN517 said:

I'm curious because it hit me the other night that I can't remember the last time I failed a mission. I'll be the first to admit I'm no god at this game, but I honestly can't think of the last time I really felt challenged. This is not intended to be a rant post. Like I said, I'm just curious. When's the last time you failed a mission (not due to a bug)?

Kuva Fortress Defense Mission (Level 80-100)

- My teammates were delirious on what they were doing since it is their first time doing a Kuva Fortress Defense mission. The only person in the squad that knew what they were doing was me, as a simple and powerful Valkyr Prime armed with Cernos Prime, Sicarus Prime and Venka Prime (oh and don't forget the wonderful Carrier Prime) that has been built to survive any high level sortie missionsHowever, during the 10 waves of the defense, the operative kept bleeding out every-time I leave him be with my teammates as I take down any enemies that are closing in the gap that could badly hurt him. 

Nevertheless, In Wave 8, the operative ended up bleeding out when he was patrolling as close by the fire spread machines... unfortunately, they were active. Teammates kept dying as Eximus enemies (Mostly Arson Eximus) were spawning close by and eventually taking me down as I lost all my energy and taking in so much damage through via Hysteria.  

All I had to say to them was: 

ILoveSpeed-4ever: "Next time, know what you need to do for a Sortie defense." - and left squad in disappointment. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the bright side, I ended up retrying the defense mission with fresh new people and amazingly completing it without any hassle. Until I got 4,000 endo reward after celebrating...

Gosh, Sorties really do hate me. Even though I wanted a riven mod, 5 sortie's ago and STILL haven't got it. :(

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

824.png

Last Sortie Reward: Greater Naramon Lens (Good for my Valkyr Prime!)

Edited by (PS4)ILoveSpeed-4ever

On 10/1/2017 at 10:32 PM, (PS4)B0XMAN517 said:

Everytime theres a sortie mission where you have to hack consoles at point A B C

Last time I failed a mission was during yesterday's Sortie (I think). 

While I initially felt very apprehensive towards playing sortie missions in general, and didn't ever do so until I finally reached MR15, it's a delightful way of challenging oneself I think (especially when playing with pugs). One of the missions yesterday was a Rescue mission, and I quickly noticed that the people I were playing with had some wonderful synergy going on. However, when rescuing the target from their cell things started falling apart as one of my squadmates seemingly couldn't hack the remaining access panel to the hostage's door. Needless to say the rescue targert died, and the guy who couldn't hack the panel ragequit. 

Despite this however, the remaining three of us decided to give it another go and managed to complete both this mission and the remaining ones. So, if at first you don't succeed, there's no shame in trying again.

From time to time. Mostly because I get screwed in pugs or because I spend A LOT of time experimenting with builds and generally making things harder for myself then I realistically have too. Last time it happened was during a Keyla Sortie assassination. I got stuck with a team that was 100% clueless and insisted on ignoring any instructions on how to even raise the platform, let alone how to avoid Keylas rockets etc. They we're high MR too, so I suspect they had been playing for about 2-3 months each spending most of their time power leveling gear.

90% of the time its little things like a dude sneaking onto a turret in a sortie or cheap things like getting sniped by a scorch through a wall (How has DE STILL not fixed scorches?)