The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

why do people feel the need to prevent others from having things

Morgana_Arcana

48 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

Then you clearly don't understand what Pay 2 WIN means. You don't win anything by buying something purely cosmetical. 

If you buy a cosmetic then you won a New look. That is also win because you get an item which make a differ look. The pay to win counts everything what not in the base game and you should buy with Real Money to get It. In this case that is insignificant It gives Power or not. It is not make you better but give a different look and that is also a win aesteticaly. I know noone force you to buy It and that is optional but you can get only for paying thats why pay to win.

Edited by Sziklamester

13 minutes ago, Sziklamester said:

That is why I said dont count the Trade. If noone Trade for plat those peoples whom not pay at all will not get slots. This is the only force but this is necessary for money making. I am agreeing with you in some of the part in this reply with you but I Think you quite misunderstand my last part when I said the slots the only pay to win elements in this game.

Yes, at some point someone needs to actually buy Plat from DE, but while F2P games don't necessarily require you to spend money, they do have to incentivize paying. I've bought Plat several times, even bought a Prime Access, but not because I felt that I needed to. I did it because I felt that DE deserved my money, and that Warframe has enough quality content to be worth paying for. If I had felt that I NEEDED to pay then that would be pay-to-win, otherwise it's just standard F2P economics.

The problem with your belief that because someone in the community NEEDS to pay for plat for anyone to be able to trade it doesn't work when you include people who buy it free of pressure. There aren't players who buy plat for the sole purpose of dispersing it to the community to keep trading alive, all that plat comes from people who have bought it because they decided to themselves.

5 minutes ago, YUNoJump said:

Yes, at some point someone needs to actually buy Plat from DE, but while F2P games don't necessarily require you to spend money, they do have to incentivize paying. I've bought Plat several times, even bought a Prime Access, but not because I felt that I needed to. I did it because I felt that DE deserved my money, and that Warframe has enough quality content to be worth paying for. If I had felt that I NEEDED to pay then that would be pay-to-win, otherwise it's just standard F2P economics.

The problem with your belief that because someone in the community NEEDS to pay for plat for anyone to be able to trade it doesn't work when you include people who buy it free of pressure. There aren't players who buy plat for the sole purpose of dispersing it to the community to keep trading alive, all that plat comes from people who have bought it because they decided to themselves.

Like Me because I decided to buy discounted plats to buy slots only and now I have enough plat and slots for future stuffs. Nobody forced Me but without plats my playtime would have be mmuch less because the game still not on the level where I want It to be. I paid for the potential and this is a long term plan. Still if no One purchase plat then much less people would like to play. Many of my friends whom beginner the game left because they were forced to sell their liked items to progress.

22 minutes ago, Sziklamester said:

If you buy a cosmetic then you won a New look. That is also win because you get an item which make a differ look. The pay to win counts everything what not in the base game and you should buy with Real Money to get It. In this case that is insignificant It gives Power or not. It is not make you better but give a different look and that is also a win aesteticaly. I know noone force you to buy It and that is optional but you can get only for paying thats why pay to win.

The only problem is that you don't actually win anything. Pay to win has universally referred to getting a leg up on the competition. And as much as we want "Fashion Frames" to be a thing, cosmetics have never fallen under the pay to win category.

2 hours ago, Demonette said:

Well, I didn't get to discuss it before. And I think I'm bringing up a relevant issue regarding "exclusivity" and why it's dumb. You have a thing, it's fun and cool. Someone else wants that thing, you say no it's only cool because you can't have it? What kind of childish outlook is that?

You talk about being childish but you're like a child that have seen another kid with a toy and now craves for it at all costs and will yell and cry to try and obtain it.
  Think of the founders pack itens as a way of DE of thanking the people that has been with them since the beginning and not actual itens, just pretend they don't exist.

I for one woudld love to have met the game when it started to buy the founders, but i just found out about warframe 2 years after launch so no lucky for me, but i can enjoy the game for what it is and i'm not going to throw a tantrum just because someone has something i can't have.

Because repeatedly making threads to ask for items which were advertised as limited/exclusive only is regarded as a form of spam. It's the process of making threads to ask a question which has already been answered to death, resurrected and then answered to re-death.

If something is advertised as only available for a limited time only or as an exclusive that will not be released again, then it should stay as such.

In the case of founders exclusive items, the breach of trust that would occur from allowing newer players to get the items would be due to the violation and breaking of the oft repeated promise that the items will never again be obtainable.

Is exclusivity kind of dumb? Sure. Excluding people from something isn't good. DE has expressed agreement with this. But to take previously exclusive items (such as founders gear) and release them for all would not only be a breach of trust to users who obtained the items legitimately, it would immediately invalidate their contributions or efforts they made to obtain those items. It would be a grave insult and be extremely disrespectful to them. DE has acknowledged this caveat, and it is why they swore to preserve previous items' exclusivity while aiming to not have any future gear be exclusive.

It's very hard for some people to accept "No" as an answer. Unfortunately, this answer won't change. Repeatedly asking again and again expecting the answer to somehow become a "yes" is an example of Einstein's definition for insanity.

Edited by Letter13
Autocorrect shenanigans