Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Replacing old Primaries

(XBOX)KingAsslan720

Question

Hey guys,

I'm a fairly new player, only at Rank 4  and I'm thinking about maybe clearing away some of my primaries to make room for new ones

Currently, I have
Boltor 
Gorgon
Karak
and Mk1 Paris.

I just maxed out the Paris so I imagine I'll probably get rid of it soon, but are any of the other three worth keeping after I max them out? I've looked at plenty of comparison posts for these three guns but I honestly can't figure out which one's are worth keeping or not.
Also, when I ditch the paris and have a slot open for something else, what would you guys recommend? I sort of want a shotgun and have been looking at both Sobek and Tigris, but Latron and Soma also look appealing.

Thanks for your help!

Edited by (XB1)KingAsslan720

8 answers to this question

Yes, get rid of the Paris. As a veteran player, I would recommend that you invest in as many weapon slots as possible, as you may have to rebuild all standard weapons again later otherwise, just to test out a new mod or alteration. As far as which weapon to go with, I would recommend that you go for the Sobek. It's not as powerful as the Tigris, but it's a bit more fun. Also, I believe the Drakgoon is available to you at this point, though I'm not certain. If that's an option, get it. Drakgoon is one of the most fun weapons in the game. 

If you wanted a shotgun and having issue with slots, I would recommend trying out the MK1-Strun.
You can try out if you like the reloading individual shotgun shell one by one, get some mastery and get rid of it since it is MK1 for another weapon.
It works similar to Strun Wraith which is one of my favorite shotgun.

I would delay getting Drakgoon if you are struggling with slot, since it is a requisite for crafting Zarr, another very fun and interesting weapon to play with and literally kills (both enemies and you).
I crafted Drakgoon as soon as I could when I first started playing, it is a very versatile, interesting and powerful weapon that could dispatch even strong enemies in the starchart.
In short, Drakgoon shoot like a bow-shotgun-sniper and the shrapnel ricochet :D

I also highly recommend trying out all of the MK1 weapons first, to get the mastery and try out different variety of weapon types, such as throwing knives so on.

If you don't have a problem with it not being hit-scan, until you can get an upgrade I recomend keeping the Boltor. I sold my normal one long ago and it's still one of my most used primaries, so trust me it's reliable.

Can't say much about the regular Gorgon and Karak though, not that they are necessarily bad, just not my taste.

As much as I like the Karak design-wise, it is not a strong assault rifle. Even the upgraded version Karak Wraith is weaker than the normal Soma.

I just wanna say, that Latron and Soma are very good weapons, even later on, but if you want to keep the weapons you mentioned, everyone of these has at least one upgraded version:

Karak -> Karak Wraith

Gorgon -> Prisma Gorgon, Gorgon Wraith

Mk1-Paris -> Paris, Paris Prime

Boltor -> Telos Boltor, Boltor Prime

For early Shotguns that don't have any direct upgrades,
Kohm and Sobek (get Acid Shells ASAP) would be my suggestions, lotsa fun.

Ignis is my "Rifle" of choice for a large variety of missions, an utter beast for mass murderization :D

If you simply want an all-round strong, regular ol' Assault Rifle, you could look into getting yourself a Braton Prime.
It's really (cheap in Trading and) not that hard to farm all the parts, plus gives you something to work towards.

The regular Latron is (aside from being craftable into Tiberon) not all that impressive IMO,
if you want some semi-auto pwnage, I'd instead recommend e.g. Akmagnus or Lex Prime (see Braton Prime).

8 hours ago, (Xbox One)KingAsslan720 said:

I'm a fairly new player, only at Rank 4  and I'm thinking about maybe clearing away some of my primaries to make room for new ones

Currently, I have
Boltor 
Gorgon
Karak
and Mk1 Paris.

I just maxed out the Paris so I imagine I'll probably get rid of it soon, but are any of the other three worth keeping after I max them out?

In a word - no - none of those are worth keeping.  A clear indicator of that is each has at least one variant that is a strict upgrade.  Boltor Prime and/or Telos Boltor for example.

How you manage your weapon arsenal depends a lot on how many slots you can buy.  If plat is no object then just keep everything as you never know when an old weapon will become a building material for a new weapon.  Again looking at the boltor you use that to craft the boltace (a melee weapon).

If slots are hard for you to buy then I like to follow a "best in class" approach where I have on version of each type of weapon.  Sniper, bow, automatic rifle, etc.  Then you keep that bow or what ever until you replace it with a better one.  So I would never have all three of the boltor, gorgon, karak as they are all basically AR's.  I'd keep just the karak as personally I like it the best of the three.  In those two other slots I'd get a shotgun (Hek all the way) and a sniper.  The sniper is mostly a necessary evil for those 'sniper only' sorties that pop up on you.