Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Contest: Tenno Tunes Vol 2!

[DE]Megan

Hello Tenno,

Fo the people accusing and posting comments on the internet to try and be a cool detective for me not using my own music let me be clear. This drum and base track I produced 3 years ago for my community and not for commercial release! I am a music producer for over 20 years now and have produced a lot of music and still do. All my work is original work and all my warframe related work is work I did as inspiration for the game. I just added Vay Hek as it really fits the track and I thought why not add it to this contest for people to hear and maybe like.

Work get's ripped of on a daily basis and it still saddens me till this day how the internet works for most people. If you wan't to acuse me via internet and think you caught someone, be sure to send me a private message and stop acting like a detective you're clearly not. I will not post my work on a website just to show you who actually ripped of who :)

Thanks for your time.

Edited by LunskEE

2 hours ago, Madam_Cloud said:

I thought it was original when I heard it, I am entering, working on a dnb track as well and I saw that as like the main competition tbh. I found his Soundcloud, and he actually has a Warframe themed song on there. But it's not that one. I'm so confused.

Edit: He has MULTIPLE Warframe themed songs. Why wouldn't he submit one of those instead?

Because my community voted for my vay hek remix from 3 years ago :)

8 hours ago, -Trixxy said:

Mwuaaaaahahahahahahahahaha!!!  これは素晴らしいです!!!!!  Now we have ourselves a big boy music contest :devil: :devil:

you got any signed releases elswhere? Do you want to get some other unsigned stuffs on beatport/juno etc? Slide in my DMs we can talk about that outside of Warframe later. :smile:

As for this contest, I guess the bar has just been raised a few notches.

*starts up ableton*

Thanks, this track was not intended for commercial release (3 years ago) I make a lot of music so you can contact me when ever you feel like, thanks again. Good luck with your project.

Just now, LunskEE said:

Because my community voted for my vay hek remix from 3 years ago :)

Not trying to be some sort of cyber detective, just concerned that it was plagiarism and was confused as to why the other songs weren't there. It's a good track, keep it up. Wouldn't be surprised if it snags first. Good to see you actually cleaned up the misconceptions tho

1 minute ago, Madam_Cloud said:

Not trying to be some sort of cyber detective, just concerned that it was plagiarism and was confused as to why the other songs weren't there. It's a good track, keep it up. Wouldn't be surprised if it snags first. Good to see you actually cleaned up the misconceptions tho

I can understand the reactions and it's ok, just like to clear it up before it snowballs out of control. :)

24 minutes ago, LunskEE said:

This drum and base track I produced 3 years ago for my community and not for commercial release!

But it's being sold on iTunes... by this Black Depth person/band - is that you? Your comment makes it more confusing, so either way it's cloudy.

In any case, does the contest permit repurposing older published material?

Just now, LunskEE said:

I can understand the reactions and it's ok, just like to clear it up before it snowballs out of control. :)

just on a side note, as a person who's only been making music for about a year i'd love to ask some questions regarding neuro sound design if youre alright with that. always looking for people to learn from and pick up whatever tricks i can.

3 minutes ago, SolidBeast said:

But it's being sold on iTunes... by this Black Depth person/band - is that you? Your comment makes it more confusing, so either way it's cloudy.

In any case, does the contest permit repurposing older published material?

Because it's sold by anyone on Itunes does not make it their original work ;) Again, I did this track years ago for non commercial use (hence why i don't publish my work anymore)

Edited by LunskEE

2 minutes ago, Madam_Cloud said:

just on a side note, as a person who's only been making music for about a year i'd love to ask some questions regarding neuro sound design if youre alright with that. always looking for people to learn from and pick up whatever tricks i can.

Depends on what you are using, neuro is not as hard as it sounds. You can pm me, not needed for this topic.

6 hours ago, (Xbox One)Lord Theldrum said:

Imagine that DE added a feature inside your ship to where instead of listening to the obnoxius grineer radio in your ship you can actually change it into different tenno tunes created by the community that were chosen and not chosen. Now that, would be pretty cool.

Lovely idea!

Well here is this I don't plan on placing just hope you enjoy. Also I recommend turning down the volume(50%-75% maybe?) and listening with a headset or good speakers. this may sound like crap but its my first attempt at actual music :P

Also just so  its known I used the voice of Cephalon Ordis and the Tenno Drum Loop. Please give feedback bad or good, I would like to improve my music for the future :3 oh and its not the original trailers battle music its my own song that I named GREY SKY. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!

Edited by (XB1)BLOOD RAIN 2137
missing info

13 hours ago, KageKaiju said:

Considering the FanKit HAS Lotus quotes, that alone contradicts the entire rule. If we can only use that one or two Lotus voiceline pieces, originality goes straight out the window and everyone will just have the same generic song with a different beat/tune. Pretty sure Valkyr's scream isn't in the FanKit, or if it is it's cleverly buried cuz I still can't find it (and don't want to use it, was just testing out a theory). Royaly Free music should be allowed, limiting the competition to the select few who are lucky (yes, luck has everything to do with it at this point) enough to have the right software to create their own music, or even their own instruments, isn't competitive at all. Royalty Free music is just a default tune/beat, usually lacking in many areas compared to more professional music. If the contest is supposed to be about creativity and originality, then you shouldn't put boundaries inhibiting 90% of what an artist can do. I'm using Stalker, Lotus, HunHow and Operator voicelines, worked hard to record those from in-game, and whether it's accepted or not it's still being finalized. They're Warframe themed, they come from the game itself, and I had to go in and get those voicelines myself which means I had to WORK for it.

If your interpretation of the rules is correct, then that explains why so many people submit hip hop/techno stuff all of the time: it's easiest to synthesize (Cephalon Suda would be so proud of me) and throw repeating voicelines of "Find the power within yourself", "Clem", "Tenno, wake up" etc etc. Aside from the varying types of beats, not much has stood out to my ears aside from a select few that went above and beyond such as the ones utilizing the Infested sounds (which are NOT easy to get let alone edit).

I hope a moderator or someone fully explains what 'original work' means. Plenty of professional artists draw inspiration from someone else's work and even utilize free music while still maintaining their stamp of creativity and originality. It takes more creativity to utilize the voicelines and minimal choices within the FanKit than it does to beep boop around the place, in my opinion. Either way, I'm sure everyone has worked hard on their submissions and, honestly, all of them deserve to compete. Each entry so far has been unique and original in its own regard, semantics and subjective opinions should not ruin hard work.

You know what? I never thought about it like that. The truth is my interpretation of the third rule is indeed quite elitist. This is supposed to be a fun community challenge, not a neoclassical painting contest...

It must be indeed quite hard to rip Infested sounds from the game what with all the horde that comes and all the sounds playing at the same time, There was actually a song around here that used infested sounds and I quite liked it, Hope it doesn't get disqualified.

As for the Lotus' quotes, I was referring to the ones that are not in the fankit; which are indeed downloadable.

And yes, Valkyr's Warcry is indeed in there, I actually used it. :)