Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Contest: Tenno Tunes Vol 2!

[DE]Megan

4 minutes ago, GottoGure said:

i have a question about music using i can use other instucment music or i have to create my own?

and about Credit and links to the artists must be included if the song is a collaboration it's mean if i using

thier song i have to credit them for using they music or i have to work with artist and credit them (i never contest anything soi don't know about it much because i didn't want to get trouble if i steal other works)

Thank you :D

u have to do ur own music...i think....cuz thats what they said in rules

u can watch youtube videos for how to make music ....then the rest depends on ur hearing and taste in music

Just now, MKZ4 said:

u have to do ur own music...i think....cuz thats what they said in rules

u can watch youtube videos for how to make music ....then the rest depends on ur hearing and taste in music

Thank you for explain :D

i can do few copy paste and i was worry is music in libraly that's free music or something else because i don't want to get copyright problem XD

36 minutes ago, GottoGure said:

i have a question about music using i can use other instucment music or i have to create my own?

and about Credit and links to the artists must be included if the song is a collaboration it's mean if i using

thier song i have to credit them for using they music or i have to work with artist and credit them (i never contest anything soi don't know about it much because i didn't want to get trouble if i steal other works)

Thank you :D

Ok, I'm no moderator, or dev, but I feel like someone should explain the rules the way they're written in there.

I previously said I misread a rule, but I didn't. Things... got confusing, :D

so, here are the rules. I'll try to explain them:

Rules
One submission per person
Song must be Warframe related
Song must be your original work (besides downloadable Warframe sounds)
Song must not exceed 4 minutes 
Song must include a Warframe related sound. (Check out our Fansite Kit for downloadable sounds https://warframe.com/community/fankit )
Credit and links to the artists must be included if the song is a collaboration 
Do not reserve posts in this thread
Submissions that do not follow these rules will be disqualified

The first rule looks pretty obvious, you can submit one song because you're a person, and no more.

The second rule, is also pretty obvious, since this is TennoTunes, a Digital Extremes promoted contest. Digital Extremes made Warframe, so...

The third rule means everything must be your original work, besides the sounds from the fankit, which are downloadable Warframe sounds. So no, you can't use The Lotus' quotes from the game itself (Unless maybe if you ask Rebecca Ford to say them for you, record them, and design her voice to sound the same as Lotus' :D), or have Infested sounds, or even The Corpus ship warning alarm, which I actually wanted to use, but can't (since the alarm itself is in the fankit, but not the Corpus sentence said afterwards). It also means you can't use pre-made samples because you downloaded those from the internet, and they're not your own work (you didn't record the actual kick coming out of the drum kit, or created it with a drum machine. If you did, then excuse me).

The third rule means that you can't go past the 4 minute mark; if your song goes past it, just shorten it, no biggie :)

The fourth rule means you must use a Warframe related sound, which ultimately means you must use a sound from the fankit.

The Fifth rule is optional, sort of. It only applies if you work with someone else to create the song.

The sixth rule means you can reserve a post in here; once you publish the song, it's published. I'm sure the Devs will go through them all anyway, right?

and that's about it. If your song does not comply with the rules, then can't participate and/or will be disqualified.

Edited by kackiz
Apparently I can't say the name ship warnings have. Sorry :D

47 minutes ago, GottoGure said:

Thank you for explain :D

i can do few copy paste and i was worry is music in libraly that's free music or something else because i don't want to get copyright problem XD

its not a copyright thing in here but they just want u to come up with something new + something it may be added to the game....for example if u add a rap song they for sure will not put it or like dj and loud stuff .....they cant add that to the game

thats why

22 hours ago, KageKaiju said:

So by 'your own original work' does it mean royalty free music is not allowed as well? I only ask because I can edit audio, but I have no way to make the background music. If it's not allowed well I'll just step down, but I am replaying the entire Second Dream quest for the voice dialogues I want, since mine's centered around the Stalker. Other question: if I'm not allowed to submit my entry if it's using royalty free music for the background, can I just upload the final project for fun without it being an entry?

I'm pretty sure if its royalty free.. like samples and packs .. those are put out so people can re use them...  not sure what you really meant .. but yes that I'm guessing would be fine... just don't remix it with you know a justin bieber  track lol

9 hours ago, Kainzaya said:

I'm not sure this is "warframe themed" enough but, here it is. :)

Its more of a theme then mine is, good job.  i just wanted to make a song lol... Im sure the winner will be more melodically but, then again you have to market to kids so it probably will be trap or dub step again lol

9 hours ago, Kainzaya said:

5 hours ago, kackiz said:

The third rule means everything must be your original work, besides the sounds from the fankit, which are downloadable Warframe sounds. So no, you can't use The Lotus' quotes from the game itself (Unless maybe if you ask Rebecca Ford to say them for you, record them, and design her voice to sound the same as Lotus' :D), or have Infested sounds, or even The Corpus ship warning alarm, which I actually wanted to use, but can't (since the alarm itself is in the fankit, but not the Corpus sentence said afterwards). It also means you can't use pre-made samples because you downloaded those from the internet, and they're not your own work (you didn't record the actual kick coming out of the drum kit, or created it with a drum machine. If you did, then excuse me).

Considering the FanKit HAS Lotus quotes, that alone contradicts the entire rule. If we can only use that one or two Lotus voiceline pieces, originality goes straight out the window and everyone will just have the same generic song with a different beat/tune. Pretty sure Valkyr's scream isn't in the FanKit, or if it is it's cleverly buried cuz I still can't find it (and don't want to use it, was just testing out a theory). Royaly Free music should be allowed, limiting the competition to the select few who are lucky (yes, luck has everything to do with it at this point) enough to have the right software to create their own music, or even their own instruments, isn't competitive at all. Royalty Free music is just a default tune/beat, usually lacking in many areas compared to more professional music. If the contest is supposed to be about creativity and originality, then you shouldn't put boundaries inhibiting 90% of what an artist can do. I'm using Stalker, Lotus, HunHow and Operator voicelines, worked hard to record those from in-game, and whether it's accepted or not it's still being finalized. They're Warframe themed, they come from the game itself, and I had to go in and get those voicelines myself which means I had to WORK for it.

If your interpretation of the rules is correct, then that explains why so many people submit hip hop/techno stuff all of the time: it's easiest to synthesize (Cephalon Suda would be so proud of me) and throw repeating voicelines of "Find the power within yourself", "Clem", "Tenno, wake up" etc etc. Aside from the varying types of beats, not much has stood out to my ears aside from a select few that went above and beyond such as the ones utilizing the Infested sounds (which are NOT easy to get let alone edit).

I hope a moderator or someone fully explains what 'original work' means. Plenty of professional artists draw inspiration from someone else's work and even utilize free music while still maintaining their stamp of creativity and originality. It takes more creativity to utilize the voicelines and minimal choices within the FanKit than it does to beep boop around the place, in my opinion. Either way, I'm sure everyone has worked hard on their submissions and, honestly, all of them deserve to compete. Each entry so far has been unique and original in its own regard, semantics and subjective opinions should not ruin hard work.

3 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Lord Theldrum said:

Imagine that DE added a feature inside your ship to where instead of listening to the obnoxius grineer radio in your ship you can actually change it into different tenno tunes created by the community that were chosen and not chosen. Now that, would be pretty cool.

I love this idea

14 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Lord Theldrum said:

Imagine that DE added a feature inside your ship to where instead of listening to the obnoxius grineer radio in your ship you can actually change it into different tenno tunes created by the community that were chosen and not chosen. Now that, would be pretty cool.

Wow, that's an awesome idea! It would be a community based radio. 

43 minutes ago, Madam_Cloud said:

I thought it was original when I heard it, I am entering, working on a dnb track as well and I saw that as like the main competition tbh. I found his Soundcloud, and he actually has a Warframe themed song on there. But it's not that one. I'm so confused.

Edit: He has MULTIPLE Warframe themed songs. Why wouldn't he submit one of those instead?

I don't want to accuse anybody of anything, but IF his submission is not an original work, it could mean that anything on his soundcloud has a chance to not be original.

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)emmywai said:

Here is my post! It's definitely not very tech-y as compared to the others, but I hope someone out there appreciates some erhu-styled cello. 

Technical skills aren't everything. It's sparse, but it does it well enough. You've made something beautiful, keep it up.