Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Contest: Tenno Tunes Vol 2!

[DE]Megan

On 1/15/2017 at 1:14 PM, Aftalyfe said:

I suppose it wouldn't hurt to participate since I am getting wonderful feedback on this one. Get modded Tenno!

Warframe Song - "Get Modded" by Aftalyfe

This is one of the best (or maybe the best) songs in this competition so far. (I'm counting out the genious christmas song! :D)

The rules are kinda strict, though. I think threre are samples that are not in the downloadable pack. IMO it's too strict rule to leave songs out that use other Warframe sounds - if the sounds are from the game anyways. The downloadable pack should be just to help people access the sounds more easily. But I didn't make the rules, so that's just my personal opinion.

Anyways, congrats to Aftalyfe for this great track!

I'm gonna participate as well, but it's still VIP. I've seen people complaining about the tracks being too much just "some random dubstep with Warframe samples". I'm gonna fix that:
My track is going to be melodic death metal in the spirit of Arch Enemy, with grunting (Warframe related) vocals. (There's been some metal tracks here, but none of them had any vocal lines...)

BEWARE!!

Ps. I hope DE could check out the soundcloud embed link problem...

Edited by RustyFIN

2 minutes ago, RustyFIN said:

IMO it's too strict rule to leave songs out that use other Warframe sounds 

Except that isn't a rule? The requirements stated by DE are very clear. They said use A (meaning you could get away with using only one if you so chose) warframe sound, and keep it warframe related.

They also stated it must be original work yet a lot of people are pasting ringtones over old instrumentals and trying to pass that off.
Lots of complaints about how unfair it is for the people who "aren't privileged enough" to have music making software, yet anyone competent with a DAW and even the slightest understanding of production could get by with Audacity and a folder of drum samples.

After looking back through these few pages, its apparent why DE doesn't do music comps that often.

11 minutes ago, SpookXIII said:

Except that isn't a rule? The requirements stated by DE are very clear. They said use A (meaning you could get away with using only one if you so chose) warframe sound, and keep it warframe related.

They also stated it must be original work yet a lot of people are pasting ringtones over old instrumentals and trying to pass that off.
Lots of complaints about how unfair it is for the people who "aren't privileged enough" to have music making software, yet anyone competent with a DAW and even the slightest understanding of production could get by with Audacity and a folder of drum samples.

After looking back through these few pages, its apparent why DE doesn't do music comps that often.

Ah, thanks for clearing that up! I read someone saying that you must use ONLY the sounds included in the pack. Glad he was wrong!

And yes, there are a lot of free music making software available. For instance, check out Bedroom Producers Blog, there's TONS of free stuff:
http://bedroomproducersblog.com/

Also with software like LMMS (free as well) you can make pretty cool things, if you know what you're doing:
https://lmms.io/

And Audacity of course. And Reaper, etc. etc... Just google "the best free music creation software".

In the end it's not about the software. You can make really good stuff with just using Audacity, and you can make really crappy stuff using ProTools. The creative process is between your ears, not in the software.

Edited by RustyFIN

2 minutes ago, RustyFIN said:

And yes, there are a lot of free music making software available. For instance, check out Bedroom Producers Blog, there's TONS of free stuff:
http://bedroomproducersblog.com/

Also with software like LMMS (free as well) you can make pretty cool things, if you know what you're doing:
https://lmms.io/

Know what, Big ups for the links fam. Good idea,

For those in need, another great free resource @
http://www.musicradar.com/news/tech/free-music-samples-download-loops-hits-and-multis-627820

Don't steal someone else's work guys. You can do plenty on your own if you really want too.

So many awesome entries so far!! Thanks for letting us all do this DE.

I have a question : can we remix existing Warframe OST? I would like to do a different take on "The Second Dream". No sampling at all, I'll just re-write some melody bits from scratch. I've been going through the posts in this topic but did not manage to find an answer for this yet :(

Edited by mykemm

3 hours ago, mykemm said:

So many awesome entries so far!! Thanks for letting us all do this DE.

I have a question : can we remix existing Warframe OST? I would like to do a different take on "The Second Dream". No sampling at all, I'll just re-write some melody bits from scratch. I've been going through the posts in this topic but did not manage to find an answer for this yet :(

"Song must be your original work (besides downloadable Warframe sounds)"

Original work generally implies original composition, which a cover/remix/slightly different take on an existing work/slapping some samples over an already published track/etc, would not be. It's a bit ambiguous though, some clearing up would be nice.

I'm sure the last one will be the best. Someone who was patient enough will minutiously hand craft its contest song, listened to all others before his was finished, and in the last day, will publish the most epic "chef d'oeuvre" this thread has ever seen...

Or not.

Edited by kackiz

1 hour ago, kackiz said:

I'm sure the last one will be the best. Someone who was patient enough will minutiously hand craft its contest song, listened to all others before his was finished, and in the last day, will publish the most epic "chef d'oeuvre" this thread has ever seen...

Or not.

I'm looking forward to it xD. I've seen a music / remix contest before and the last few entries are actually the best ones, so.. who knows

This is the first time I've ever been interested in trying this kinda thing, but thanks to Space-Robot-Cyborg-Ninjas here is my entry! I'm not a trained musician but I still found this contest quite fun to produce an entry for! - Completed in Reason 8.

Edited by Sporb

4 hours ago, kackiz said:

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;);) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Well, the listening to all the submissions and waiting part, I would be tooting my own horn if I called my submission the best haha

Edited by TacticalNukeMusic

On 1/13/2017 at 10:58 AM, [DE]Megan said:

ySGaOWp.jpg

We’ve done it once before and now we’re bringing it back- time to make a Warframe themed song! Just like before, your track will be featured on Prime Time and Console Playstreams for all the viewing Tenno to enjoy!

How to enter: 
Create a Warframe themed song/beat/jingle and submit the link in this thread for judging.

Tips: 
Upload your tune to a site like Soundcloud, or Youtube and post the link as your submission.

Examples from the last Tenno Tunes contest:
https://soundcloud.com/warframedev/sets/tenno-tunes

Rules
One submission per person
Song must be Warframe related
Song must be your original work (besides downloadable Warframe sounds)
Song must not exceed 4 minutes 
Song must include a Warframe related sound. (Check out our Fansite Kit for downloadable sounds https://warframe.com/community/fankit )
Credit and links to the artists must be included if the song is a collaboration 
Do not reserve posts in this thread
Submissions that do not follow these rules will be disqualified

Prizes
1st place – Current Warframe Prime Access Pack and featured weekly on our streams!
2nd place – 1000 Platinum and featured weekly on our streams!
3rd place – 750 Platinum and featured weekly on our streams!
4th place – 500 Platinum and featured weekly on our streams!
5th – 10th place – 250 Platinum and featured weekly on our streams!!

Winners will be determined based on creativity and quality of their Warframe tunes!

This contest starts now until February 2nd at 1:00 p.m. ET!

ALL PLAYERS FROM EACH PLATFORM CAN PARTICIPATE!

Our ears are ready- good luck! 

The sounds from the fankit are lit!!! I'm going to have lots of fun with this 1.