Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nidus Infection Mechanics Unclear

AnimatedJester

Question

So I have been doing my research ever since I got a little red dot on my neck and I have been able to find out a few things for myself about it. I know what they are and what they create and how the "incubation" of it works. But I have a couple questions about it that the wiki and players I have asked were unable to answer with any type of real certainty. So here are the question I am looking for answers to hopefully...

1. I know there is a way to remove unwanted cysts. And apparently you can "inoculate" your Warframe to prevent you from getting them again. Is it possible to also inoculate Nidus or Inoculate all your warframes to where NONE of them will be infected (Including Nidus), or will Nidus always be allowed to carry an infection?
  2. If Nidus is able to be Inoculated along with all your other frames, does this mean I could potentially F*** Myself out of getting a heminlith charger?

9 answers to this question

2 hours ago, TheAnimatedJester said:

So I submitted a ticket to a possible bug and DE just confirmed for me that you cannot inoculate Nidus

But you can? Unless that's changed recently you most certainly can inoculate Nidus.

Check the post there, it includes a twitter post from Steve saying that we'll be able to reinfect Nidus in the chair one day. 

The only way to 'reinfect' something is if you've disinfected it first. So yeah, not sure what support mean when they said that. 

I sat in the chair by accident, because as usual the game gives zero explanation of what anything is, and it cured my Nidus neck herps. So yes Nidus can be inoculated and now I'm spiraling into a depression over it. My pink buddy is gone. I'm alone now.

Edit: False alarm! Relogged, went back into room, and got neck herps again as Nidus. I don't think he can be cured.

Edited by Krileon

23 hours ago, TheAnimatedJester said:

So I submitted a ticket to a possible bug and DE just confirmed for me that you cannot inoculate Nidus

They're mistaken. I keep two Nidus myself. One specifically to act as a carrier of the herpes and a clean one to play with. I can say out of personal experience and practice that you can in fact cure Nidus of the plague. It's just like with all the other frames in that sense. 

To the second question, they have said that they're going to be adding in some mechanic in the future to allow access to the charger in the even that you've fully cured all your frames. Honestly though, just keep a backup of a frame to act as carrier.

8 hours ago, Cortanis said:

They're mistaken. I keep two Nidus myself. One specifically to act as a carrier of the herpes and a clean one to play with. I can say out of personal experience and practice that you can in fact cure Nidus of the plague. It's just like with all the other frames in that sense. 

To the second question, they have said that they're going to be adding in some mechanic in the future to allow access to the charger in the even that you've fully cured all your frames. Honestly though, just keep a backup of a frame to act as carrier.

I cured my self as Nidus.. logged out.. logged back in.. walked into the room.. and I was infected again. Other frames are locked out of that room and is probably why.

On 1/20/2017 at 1:59 AM, TheAnimatedJester said:

Then why is my Nidus's tumor still gone?

On 1/20/2017 at 9:36 PM, Krileon said:

I sat in the chair by accident, because as usual the game gives zero explanation of what anything is, and it cured my Nidus neck herps. So yes Nidus can be inoculated and now I'm spiraling into a depression over it. My pink buddy is gone. I'm alone now.

Edit: False alarm! Relogged, went back into room, and got neck herps again as Nidus. I don't think he can be cured.

The game won't let me sit Nidus back in the chair.

On 1/21/2017 at 1:56 AM, Cortanis said:

I'm not about to waste that much time and kuva on a damn petrie dish. I've already formad my Nidus and I want the cyst back.

well S#&$tttt.....

i went into the room with nidus cause i didn't see the drain option with the incubator, sat on the chair and got cured instead. now i cant be infected? D:

i only realised the drain option is INSIDE the kubrow breeding after you choose start incubation....

i hope the ability to reinfect nidus comes soon.... i love my neck bawl...

I havent been on in a while went to the room with the chair and saw i could press X to sit didnt know what was going to happen didn't want to be cured but cured nidus. I didnt think this was a thing i want to reinfect cause i was going to make the charger, I thought it was going to be something different then curing the infection on his neck.