Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is loki a good archer?

LobsterChan11

Question

Ive already gotten my blue print for my dread completely by accident on a random stalker kill (which i wont be complaining about since i wanted to main bow) and now im looking for a frame that'll suit my needs. I like to play mobile and stealthy with bursty shots but also abilities that can do damage, and im not going to lie, if i dont think a frame looks cool i wont buy it and i think loki looks really cool

anyway i was wandering if loki is a good choice for someone like me who likes playing a stealthy archer with fast dual melee weapons.

9 answers to this question

Depends for stealthy loki is prety nice because of invisibility and decoy can atract targets. Radial disarm can force enemy into melee only.

For archer its all up to you.

There is also ivara prety often called ther archer frame ^.^ she is also stealthy

Edited by trunks013

Your best bet for Bow play is Ivara. - Let me run you through her basic abilities:

• Her fourth ability, Artemis Bow, is an unique bow that she can pull out, which replaces her primary weapon. (The bow is affected by both Bow and Rifle mods.)
  • She can also go invisible with two different abilities. One of which steals loot from enemies, Prowl, and the other sets herself and others allies invisible, Quiver, which can also be used to attract enemies to an area, put enemies to sleep, and set up a zipline.
  • Last but not least is her Navigator ability, which allows her to control and guide projectiles, including arrows, with increased damage.
Edited by JRMC

Due to their low rate of fire, projectile travel time, and innate punch through, bows are most effective on a Warframe that can either slow down enemy movement or gather enemies into a ragdoll ball.

• Ivara and Loki both have long-duration invisibility abilities that prevent detection from enemies, which typically keeps them from running around.
  • Ivara has Navigator, which allows you to control the trajectory of your arrows, and the innate punch through allows you to hit multiple enemies even without having to line them up.
  • Ivara's Sleep Arrow and Noise Arrow, Vauban's Bastille, and Volt's Discharge can keep groups of enemies from moving, making it easy to land head shots for additional damage. Nova's Molecular Prime can slow down large areas of the map to similar effect.
  • Vauban's Vortex and Nidus's Larva can create balls of ragdolled enemies, allowing the innate punch through to hit multiple enemies.

2 hours ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

Keep in mind that only melee weapons get the innitial steal multiplier tho.

I think you meant Stealth multiplier.  Melee weapons aren't the only ones to get them.  Both Primaries and Secondaries can get them also.  It just requires them to be silent or very far away to do so.  Melee is currently the only weapons that can do Stealth Finishers. 

Of the bows for Loki, the Dread would probably be the best one for him.  That can vary depending on playstyle and/or faction being fought.  That said, Ivara will give you the most bang for your efforts when using bows. 

Invisibility allows you to easily position yourself for hitting multiple enemies in a straight line (without enemies noticing you and attempting to surround you), and Disarm allows you to easily manipulate enemies into forming a straight line that you can fire arrows into.

Even though he's not a thematic archer like Ivara is, he's definitely one of the better archers in the game because of these two advantages. Just be aware that he has no way of directly boosting non-melee damage without the help of a teammate, though, which might be a bit troublesome against high-leveled Grineer.

Edited by SortaRandom