The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sooo, why is the primed vault still a thing?

(PSN)ArgusTheMan

With the void gone and relics introduced, there is literally 0 reason for relics to be vaulted. This new system was supposed to get rid of the vault and make all primes (other than excal, Lato ect) available. The drop tables are no longer diluted to hell like in the t3d days where rotation c was all the rage.

so why are primes still vaulted? I get it that there are unvaultings but all it's doing is limiting access to content for newer players who didn't have the chance to get ember, frost, Loki or rhino p but instead have to look into the abyss that is trade chat and get them for 400+.

this doesn't really apply to me as I have all the aforementioned primes but honestly, the vault needs to leave as it now has no reason to exist.

In truth it is because DE stands to make more money on occasionally releasing vaulted warframes and weapons rather than having them all avaliable at once. 

Perhaps they could have them all avaliable for purchase or farming at the same time but make them come without prime accessories or platinum. On occasion they could re-release prime accessories like they do with vaulted warframes now, i gaurentee that people would still buy the primed warframe just so they don't have to farm for it.

Edited by lightdragon64

The drop tables are no longer diluted to hell

Yes, they still are, but it's the drop tables for something else now. Basically, they kept the problem of drop table dilution, but this time it's with relics now not the parts. So if they released every relic into the drop tables, it would be near impossible to get what relic you wanted because we have over 12 relics in every class if not more. The only way to fix this would be to do something like make relics Node specific.

Edit: Also, the ingame economy relies on item scarcity so yes it is also money.

Edited by thewhitepanda1205
Terminology

2 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

2. There would have been way too high a number of relics available, so farming for the one you need would be much worse [unless they would make certain relics only drop from certain nodes, which I don't see it happening]

remove forma bp's from relics and fill it with vaulted stuff couldn't be much of a problem to get less relics then. for the forma bp's they can add it to c rotation drops like in ods

I will say I felt down when PS Store removed the Fire & Ice pack last Tuesday. If they had waited till the following Thursday, I would have dropped the cash for the bundle for real. The two Frames, and the weapons, are the only Primes I'm missing. Coincidence? They elude me again. Ah well...it is what it is. Till the next time I guess.

Just now, (PS4)HaterReplicator said:

I will say I felt down when PS Store removed the Fire & Ice pack last Tuesday. If they had waited till the following Thursday, I would have dropped the cash for the bundle for real. The two Frames, and the weapons, are the only Primes I'm missing. Coincidence? They elude me again. Ah well...it is what it is. Till the next time I guess.

Just keep doing voids with trash relics you already have. plenty of other people have picked up those relics and just use them for prime fodder, I'm sure the majority of players don't keep track whats still available or limited time with how messy the system is. Might run across some parts you need.

2 minutes ago, Firetempest said:

Just keep doing voids with trash relics you already have. plenty of other people have picked up those relics and just use them for prime fodder, I'm sure the majority of players don't keep track whats still available or limited time with how messy the system is. Might run across some parts you need.

This can work too, I recently got a Mag BP from a random public mission.

It's not just so that they can make money in the real world but it also allows a different way to affect the ingame economy by affecting item scarcity.  Also why are people so upset that a company tries to make money, that's the whole basic point of a company.  The game is free, their employees don't just work for tips and warm hugs.  

Keep seeing all the people saying "money" like it is the answer, and thats not even close to the full reason. As said by several others the reason they even began the vault system to begin with was to reduce the overall number of items diluting the drop tables. With the change to the relic system the drop tables are now rotated over to the relics themselves, and adding more relics would be the exact same problem that we had before. People would complain that they now couldn't get the relic they wanted because there are too many relics in the drop table. That would effectively put us back at square one.

5 minutes ago, Firetempest said:

Yeah. This is good. Could get lucky and get duplicates of a part, than trade the dups for parts I need. *rubs chin* yes... yes...

3 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

Keep seeing all the people saying "money" like it is the answer, and thats not even close to the full reason. As said by several others the reason they even began the vault system to begin with was to reduce the overall number of items diluting the drop tables. With the change to the relic system the drop tables are now rotated over to the relics themselves, and adding more relics would be the exact same problem that we had before. People would complain that they now couldn't get the relic they wanted because there are too many relics in the drop table. That would effectively put us back at square one.

That's entirely bull, there's a thousand ways they could implement more relics without diluiting the current drop tables, they're just not willing to. Why? Money. It's the single only motivation behind the prime vault. Let's not kid ourselves here.

1 minute ago, bl4ckhunter said:

That's entirely bull, there's a thousand ways they could implement more relics without diluiting the current drop tables, they're just not willing to. Why? Money. It's the single only motivation behind the prime vault. Let's not kid ourselves here.

Then do explain, oh wise one, how they could give more relics without making the drop tables either A: go to S#&$ or 2: restrict relics to specific nodes and thus pissing people off because they now have to do spys exclusively to get the one relic they want more of. Put some thought to it now.

Edited by NeithanDiniem

Just now, bl4ckhunter said:

pretty much.
also, is not like is it a bad thing that a company is trying to make money, so it's ok xD