The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is your opinion on Banshee?

arch111

48 minutes ago, Irixa said:

She teaches you to move because she forces you to, so you can avoid the horde (or Napalms, Bombards etc) from one-shotting you lol. Move close so the stun hits them, kill em off, bullet away and dodge if the duration isn't enough, then come back for another stun window. In my noobier days, I had to literally stand still so I can aim properly and shoot. Otherwise, I would just spray bullets in the air. Now I can say my dodging reflexes and aim are so much better; evidenced by how I usually have the highest damage dealt and the most kills in defense sorties lately (especially the "Bow Only" ones this week :P) unless there's a Mesa or Ember around lol. But yeah, wouldn't mind a bit more survivability! Quick Thinking is great but sometimes is isn't enough for those Sapping Ospreys.....

Just a little bit more armor that not ruins her because you still need to move a lot that is what I am doing all the time with every frame. Rarery see me my mates stopping somewhere because I am mobile. The only thing what you can't avoid if the mobs spawn behind you and this happens with me all the time when rarely goes down or killed by a butcher or scorch. My worst die linked with my limbo run when a ballista killed me just after when I left the rift and seen nowhere her. That was an akward dies and I am trying to avoid these kind of situations.

She's fun to use, though it took the Soprana skin for me to actually give her a real shot, I just couldn't stand her default appearance long enough to actively use her.

Soundquake is fun and helpful as you're stunlocking -everything-, and gets even more fun to use once you build it for Resonating Quake.

Edited by Artorius-Alter

Banshee is absolutely perfect in my book. If she gets any QoL changes, sure, I'll accept them (as long as she doesn't get nerfed).

My only criticism about her is that her Noble Idle Animation doesn't have the soundwave-ribbon effect that her Agile Idle Animation has when she uses her right hand. It used to be that both Animations had the same visual effect, but now her Noble Animation is just some party-sprinkler when it was an impressive "wuuuuuuuub."

Edited by (PS4)Lei-Lei_23

1 hour ago, arch111 said:

Would recastable and stacking 4 be a better function than it is now?

I ask because that's how they reworked Rhino, and the way you talk about that power is that it's a Guilty Pleasure,  but useful.

Not sure who you're asking. Neither very sure if I understand the question...

31 minutes ago, ComCray said:

Not sure who you're asking. Neither very sure if I understand the question...

People describe her 4 as a stand still killer. I wondered if it would be more interesting if it was like stomp instead, you have movement between casts and each cast stack.

Or if it should be left alone. 

It seems many have issues with it. Just a thought. 

19 hours ago, arch111 said:

One thing I do notice is how she needs Forma.

Most frames need forma, especially if you want to run various builds.

19 hours ago, arch111 said:

Compare this to Loki, Ember and Rhino that I can mod just fine without a single Forma.

Granted, you can mod them just fine, but to fully max a frame you will always need forma, because exilus slots exist.

As for my opinion on banshee: she's near-perfect. Her 1 provides quick CC in a small area and opens affected enemies to ground finishers, and strips armour with the augment, making it scale well. Her 2 provides a MASSIVE damage buff if you can aim or just spam it with the augment on, which helps counter the crappy scaling this game has, oh and it marks enemies on the map too, useful for stealth. Her 3 provides a short stun ideal for flying around the map while attacking with, and also makes enemies unable to hear gunfire, makins it useful for when you screw up on stealth. With the augment it allows you to use finishers with a dmg boost, which is always nice. Only problem is it isn't recastable for the stun. And finally her 4, soundquake. I have mixed feelings about this, both augmented and not. While it's great for large AoE CC and damage dealing with the augment, and in a resonance spam build can clear a room of level 100+ enemies in a few seconds (personally experienced, only +45% power str), it kind of goes against the rest of her kit and her stats which promote a mobile playstyle, because it roots you in place. It also feels rather cheesy to simply sit in soundquake for a minute and drop out to refresh afk-timer, then continue CC-ing and killing the entire map with it, putting in 0 effort. I usually reserve it for when there're too many enemies or someone needs to be revived. Oh yeah and she's squishy af, but when going where she shines most (highly scaled enemies) it doesn't matter anyway.

TLDR: all abilities are really powerful when used right, all augments are useful, mobile playstyle encouraged.

I got rid of her, but I will get the prime. But shes a really fun warframe to use. Especially because shes a glass cannon, weak but a super hard hitter, she's definitely a change in pace if you are used to tanking all the damage. [rhino in this case]

[combine her sonar with zenistar and get some insanely awesome results.]

2 hours ago, arch111 said:

People describe her 4 as a stand still killer. I wondered if it would be more interesting if it was like stomp instead, you have movement between casts and each cast stack.

Or if it should be left alone. 

It seems many have issues with it. Just a thought. 

Ah, yes, her ult. Way I see it you either mod for it and spam the hell out of it or you use it as a last-ditch resort when you/the objective/a teammate gets swarmed. In the later case you don't have to keep it up, in the first you want to be able to keep it up indefinitely.. IMHO I don't think it needs addressing, it's a honest trade off of power vs survivabillity:  yes you can lock down a map and kill high-level enemies in mere seconds, but if they can see you, you're dead.
People not liking her ult is either because they don't really like meta-build-spammage, which is fine (I guess) but stops the conversation dead in it's tracks. Then there's the group who don't like it because standing still breaks the pace of their game, which is counter-productive considering who she is. Though I understand the latter POV I personally think Bansee's ult actually shows that DE is capable of bringing out a well balanced power: it's devastating but are you sure you want to go and use it right now? Most/all other ult's come at no expense to the caster but a hit on their energy pool, using Bansee's ult requires planning and care otherwise you die. If you pull it off, the level is clear, if you don't, again - you are dead.

As for the meta-build-spammage-hate: there's a threat with more arguments against and in favor then you could come up with on your own. Needless to say this debate will serve mainly as a show of how people can be utterly insensitive about opposing opinions... :P

Edited by ComCray

6 hours ago, Vrcross said:

I run around 94% range iirc. You don't really want to leave the threshold of 80-110% if you are trying to balance silence and sonar. Too low and you nerf all her other abilities and too high silence never really benefits you because by the time you get to enemies they are already out of their stun and it becomes harder to continuously stun them. Not many people know of doing this, but if you keep your enemies on the edge of your silence range, you can stun lock them by moving back and forth. 

Anyways, my opinions of banshee (one of my favorites) is that she is great now and I wouldn't mind if they never touched her, but I would like her to see some changes. I think sound quake is antiquated and needs to be reworked, and silence could probably use some Qol changes so that it is not impossible to hear certain things while using it *cough* kuva clouds *cough*.

Maybe something like they did with ash, not a full rework but a re-visit where they just slightly adjust her abilities, because as it stands sounds quake just doesn't really fit with the rest of her kit.