Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe how to get pherliac pods?

(PSN)IOwnYOU2914

Question

18 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

The pod BP is given to you by the quest and is automatically added to your inventory. Everything else you have to farm from the Juggernaut. 

Nope, Potent Pherliac Pod BP is given by quest, which require regular Pherliac pod

12 minutes ago, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

That was the firs thing I got. The palpators took for ever to find though, its just RNG man. 

You just got lucky, it actually has an abysmal drop rate. I have 40 each of the components, so in total 160 of them. I only have 13 BPs. I've done my share of killing juggernauts on so many Eris Kuva runs to say that the drop rate is low. It's not ''just RNG'' like many of you noobs think. There is a fixed drop probability for everything in the game. 

Edited by Wyrmius_Prime

15 minutes ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

You just got lucky, it actually has an abysmal drop rate. I have 40 each of the components, so in total 160 of them. I only have 13 BPs. I've done my share of killing juggernauts on so many Eris Kuva runs to say that the drop rate is low. It's ''just RNG'' like many of you noobs think. There is a fixed drop probability for everything in the game.

Yea...I'm a noob. By the way, the fixed probability might be set, but RNG determines which one you'll be getting at a specific moment in time. At least I'm not a noob at math. 

Edited by (PS4)Regiampiero

39 minutes ago, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

Yea...I'm a noob. By the way, the fixed probability might be set, but RNG determines which one you'll be getting at a specific moment in time. At least I'm not a noob at math. 

The more rolls you get on the drop table, the closer the number of drops will get to the actual drop rates. If it was ''all about the RNG'', it would mean that the RNG was rigged and in that case it wouldn't be random at all. You're as noob in maths.

12 minutes ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

The more rolls you get on the drop table, the closer the number of drops will get to the actual drop rates. If it was ''all about the RNG'', it would mean that the RNG was rigged and in that case it wouldn't be random at all. You're as noob in maths.

Huh? I think your fellow high school students are calling your name from introductory algebra class. Better be going before you get in trouble.  

11 minutes ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

I'm not sure what you call "fixed probability", care to explain? If the BP drop would be 8%, then indeed for 100 kills you should get 8 BPs, for 160 kills - 13 PBs, for 1000 kills - 80 BPs and so on. But guess what? You won't always do, because with above example of 8% it is perfectly fine to get 50 BP drops on 100 kills or none at all. Both are unlikely but still can happen because it is RNG. You don't have guarantee that for any number of kills (be it 100, 1000 or whatever) you will get fixed number of drops. Yes, on average it will be around that value, but it's not "fixed". Did you consider you are a math noob yourself? :)

12 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Deflinek said:

I'm not sure what you call "fixed probability", care to explain? If the BP drop would be 8%, then indeed for 100 kills you should get 8 BPs, for 160 kills - 13 PBs, for 1000 kills - 80 BPs and so on. But guess what? You won't always do, because with above example of 8% it is perfectly fine to get 50 BP drops on 100 kills or none at all. Both are unlikely but still can happen because it is RNG. You don't have guarantee that for any number of kills (be it 100, 1000 or whatever) you will get fixed number of drops. Yes, on average it will be around that value, but it's not "fixed". Did you consider you are a math noob yourself? :)

Don't waste your breath, he's probably one of those guys that says 4 radiant relics have 120% chance of getting a rare part. Logic is wasted here. 

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)Deflinek said:

Those are tiny sample sizes, of course you won't get anywhere near drop chances with that. What I mean with ''The more rolls you get on the drop table'' is something similar to how you calculate an area using integral: you sum up infinite number of rectangles of infinitesimal width. If you keep rolling and rolling the table infinitely, you will end up at the drop rates. Any finite number of rolls will however only get you somewhat close to the rates.

The supposedly ''RNG'' machine of Warframe has been tweaked in the past, because as it turns out, it wasn't truly RNG. When in comes to computing, there is always some algorithm behind everything.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

Don't waste your breath, he's probably one of those guys that says 4 radiant relics have 120% chance of getting a rare part. Logic is wasted here. 

34,39%

Edited by Wyrmius_Prime

44 minutes ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

Those are tiny sample sizes, of course you won't get anywhere near drop chances with that. What I mean with ''The more rolls you get on the drop table'' is something similar to how you calculate an area using integral: you sum up infinite number of rectangles of infinitesimal width. If you keep rolling and rolling the table infinitely, you will end up at the drop rates. Any finite number of rolls will however only get you somewhat close to the rates.

The supposedly ''RNG'' machine of Warframe has been tweaked in the past, because as it turns out, it wasn't truly RNG. When in comes to computing, there is always some algorithm behind everything.

34,39%

Ever heard of the gambler's fallacy? And the answer is 10% 

5 hours ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

You just got lucky, it actually has an abysmal drop rate. I have 40 each of the components, so in total 160 of them. I only have 13 BPs. I've done my share of killing juggernauts on so many Eris Kuva runs to say that the drop rate is low. It's not ''just RNG'' like many of you noobs think. There is a fixed drop probability for everything in the game. 

I lost it at "Like many of you noobs think".

What you are going on about is the differnce between true RNG and weighted RNG. The thing is that no one was actually debating that difference and whether its weighted or not, its a known quantity that true RNG is next to impossible when a human influence is introduced. We can, however get pretty damn close. That aside, all you are doing is arbitrarily debating semantics. whether its weighted or true RNG, its still RNG. A random number is rolled and a result is determined based on a predetermined set of rules.

Thanks for the laughs.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

10 hours ago, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

Ever heard of the gambler's fallacy? And the answer is 10% 

Single radiant relic has a 10% chance to get a rare reward. For full squad it's (1-0,9^4)*100% = 34,39%. Tfw you cannot even check the correct table on wiki.

Edited by Wyrmius_Prime