Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ignis in Kela De Thaym boss fight

DesuTronic

Question

15 answers to this question

I personally prefer to use Hitscan weapons to deal with the discs. It means each phase takes two missiles instead of one - but that also means I can take something like the Tigris Prime (slash/rad/viral 100% status prior to Hell's Chamber) to wreck Kela, instead of the Ignis which absolutely struggles. 

I normally use a Status build Akstiletto Prime, since it doubles up as a really decent offensive option without sacrificing damage. Corrosive/blast on the Ak P. to deal with her armour, then a few shotgun shells to the face to end.

Edit: I forgot to mention, I'm referring to the Sortie 3 assassination with my comments.

Edited by Arezael
Build specifics.

Shotgun other than the Tigris series (probably not the drakgoon either).  Preferably one with lower recoil.  Aim at the center of the disk and let the spread carry it out to the targets.

Any continuous weapon - especially those with better ammo efficiency - with adequate range.  Follow the disk around, or with enough punch through, it should be able to go straight through the cover (haven't actually tested that one).

Low-recoil automatic weapons (recoil for different weapons doesn't seem to be detailed anywhere that I can find.  You may need to experiment).  Same basic strategy as with the beam weapons.

Semi-automatic weapons with manageable recoil and a decent RoF are quite manageable, though at that point, I wouldn't necessarily call it "trivial" anymore.

If you are going with the Ignis, however, I suggest modding for Viral+Heat, and either bring a high-status secondary with corrosive (mandatory Tysis plug here; 4 mods to get 2.8 100% corrosive rounds per shot.) or make sure that your squad has 4x corrosive projection auras.  Once Kela's been de-armored, the multipliers against Cloned Flesh should let it perform admirably against her (though it's still more effective as a weapon against crowds).

On 1/18/2017 at 3:01 PM, DesuTronic said:

Is there ANY other weapon apart from the Ignis that can make the spinning buttons phase trivial?

Soma family, Braton family, Karak family, potentially Latron family, basically anything hitscan that's automatic or has a good semi-auto fire rate