Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ground slam underwhelming

Netzwerkfehler

Some slam attacks look really powerful, but they are not.

They barely do any damage and the range super low.

Can we pls have scaling slam range with reach mod. A new mod would also be fine, since % range increase would be a bad idea for slams. E.g.  "+2m | +20% damage for slam attacks" 6 ranks -> 12m | +120% damage.

As of now slams are a mechanic in the game, you can´t make use of. Imo it´s a wasted oppotunity for very little effort

Ground slams look like they would do a good amount of damage so a buff to the damage would be nice. That however might make it to op because of the stagger/stun/knockdown and being able to spam a ground slam over and over. I would like to test it out and see.

An additive bonus would be better. Giving the mod a multiplicative bonus would just cause a different version of the Primed Reach problem, where it's insanely powerful on long weapons yet still useless on short-ranged weapons.

Seismic Wave is junk at the moment. Giving it an additive Range bonus (~5m or so) would be great.

If you really want to see powerful slam attacks, use a jat kittag. Has a bad habit of blowing up a room with its vulcan blitz mod. Moreso with crushing ruin stance since it works the slam attacks into 2 of its combos. my current build below. needs some more formas and primed fury when i get it.

http://warframe-builder.com/Melee_Weapons/Builder/Jat_kittag/t_30_000000322_226-4-5-244-2-0-305-8-3-486-6-10-488-3-10-625-1-5-637-0-10-733-7-10-741-5-5_637-14-625-9-244-4-488-14-226-9-741-9-486-6-733-7-305-10/en/4-0-51

and just for a reference of what the jat kittags slam does to EVERYTHING IN THE MASSIVE AREA

Nh9FHM.gif

Edited by Moysa

7 hours ago, RoninJed said:

That however might make it to op because of the stagger/stun/knockdown and being able to spam a ground slam over and over.

That is exactly what will happen if they get powerful and get range. We already have Telos Boltace slide spamming, we don`t need players spamming their ground attack nonstop for 20 waves defense.

Groundslam works perfeclty fine as long you land them somewhat close to an enemy, they are not meant to blow up an entire room. That would be your ultimate not one single attack variant on any given melee weapon.  

4 minutes ago, AcceptYourDeath said:

That is exactly what will happen if they get powerful and get range. We already have Telos Boltace slide spamming, we don`t need players spamming their ground attack nonstop for 20 waves defense.

Groundslam works perfeclty fine as long you land them somewhat close to an enemy, they are not meant to blow up an entire room. That would be your ultimate not one single attack variant on any given melee weapon.  

Are you kidding me? Slams do damage in the very low 3 digit area. They don´t scale with elementals and pressure point.

Damage wise slams are a joke. The good thing about them is status effects and knockdowns. Since they generally have 1-4 meter radius, its unusable.

If you do a slam and do a lot of damage it´s because you are directly hitting an enemy with the downward swing. I´m not talking about that component...

If there is a mechanic and nobody ever uses it, there has to be something wrong with it. Having a 15m radius on e.g. twin basolk would be really good and fun.

Furthermore balancing is not the most important thing in a pve game. As long as there are things like hysteria and shadow step, don´t tell me larger slam radius are op

1 hour ago, SortaRandom said:

We all know how the jat kittag works

you and alot of others might. theres quite a few that havent even tried the thing. i know i for one didnt even think about getting one till around.... my 100th log in day

I you might just be missing. I've been able to reliably slam attack enemies for 400k damage. Hell, I've even managed to proc slash of it causing a level 140 bombard to die near instantly. (Due to the fact that ragdolls and knockdown can enable the 8x stealth multiplier)

Direct slam for damage, indirect for CC.

11 hours ago, Rambit23Z said:

I you might just be missing. I've been able to reliably slam attack enemies for 400k damage. Hell, I've even managed to proc slash of it causing a level 140 bombard to die near instantly. (Due to the fact that ragdolls and knockdown can enable the 8x stealth multiplier)

Direct slam for damage, indirect for CC.

Like I said. This topic is about the radial slam attacks!!!!! Still you answer with the direct hit part of the slam attack. Of course that deals damage. It´s literally the same as a quick melee. 

Slam attacks have useful effects on slam attacks. Due do the absurdly low range it´s better to use a status weapon with blast and primed reach.

1 minute ago, Netzwerkfehler said:

Like I said. This topic is about the radial slam attacks!!!!! Still you answer with the direct hit part of the slam attack. Of course that deals damage. It´s literally the same as a quick melee. 

It deals more damage than quick melee.

2 minutes ago, Netzwerkfehler said:

Slam attacks have useful effects on slam attacks. Due do the absurdly low range it´s better to use a status weapon with blast and primed reach.

Blast and Primed reach can easily hurt your damage though. Slams are mainly a utility tool. We have dedicated AOE melee after all. (Telos Boltace, Orthos Prime w/Primed Reach etc.)

1 hour ago, Netzwerkfehler said:

Like I said. This topic is about the radial slam attacks!!!!!

You could come up with any kind of example what you are exactly talking about if it is about your topic. You are just having a argument for no reason at the moment. 

What would satisfy you? 1 Ground slam killing of lvl 20 trash mob at 15m range? 2 Ground slams?  Any rough example what you expect would help to talk about it.

There are several ways to have powerful ground slam attacks with some creativity and combination, like Ash with Twin Baslok for example. My impression is still you are just asking for a button to delete all enemys inside a room, while alot of players desperately looking to be challenged again by Warframe. 

Warframe might be a PVE game, this doesn`t mean the overall balance has to go down the toilet because it just happens to be the case you enjoy powerful ground attacks. You have your ways and means to do so if you really want it. 

Reach already affects the Range of Ground Smash AoE's. it doesn't modulate the Range of the Knockdown area caused by them because the size of that is strictly tuned for every Weapon. some Weapons have normal Knockdown Ranges, some extra small, some exceptionally large and/or with unique features.
and there is a Mod that directly affects the Damage of Jump Attacks.

what you want already exists.

suggesting nobody uses Ground Smash Attacks is disingenuous and strictly a lie however. as well as suggesting Knockdown Ranges that are about in line with the attack Range of the Melee Weapon being 'useless'.

Edited by taiiat