Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operators and pets

Rivyn

3 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

Since November waiting.

As has been noted, DE's highest priority in relation to Operators is removing functionality rather than adding it. Within two days of the mode becoming operational, they made sure to remove all of the Narta emotes (because Operators suck and don't actually know how to fight), and now we're coming up on February and still no ability to interact with pets.

Kinda telling, no?

They removed the nartas because Operators share Warframe emotes, and it makes no canonical sense for Operators to be able to do those kind of mad ninja moves when they're quite weak and unskilled in comparison. I don't know their coding, but my guess is that it was quicker/faster to remove them for now than to try to make it so the game knows to grey out those emote options for operators.

As for the pet animations, it's not a quick or easy thing to just 'change the animations to fit' because the Operators have rigging that isn't the same proportion/height as Warframes, so they can't just share that animation-- if they did you'd see Operator hands going through your pets and looking ridiculous all the time.

All that said, I would also posit that 'vanity animations' are a lower priority on the development list than the production of new content that we come to expect from DE. Despite what folks would think, as I understand, the WF development team is relatively small-- meaning you only have a couple of people working on animations, and with the development of new weapon types and stances and enemies and literally everything else that moves in the game, it's understandable that things like this (petting cats and dogs) will take a lot longer.