Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tips for Uranus

(PSN)m0rtr3k588

Question

Ok, just got to Uranus and I'm kinda stuck on the first mission. I don't think I have the right loadout so I'm building a Hek. So because the Grineer there have so much armor, I guess I need weapons with high puncture damage.

I really want some tips on how to progress and get the next Quest.

23 answers to this question

Yes, a puncture/corrosive (toxin&electric) build is good for Uranus. The Hek is one heck of a weapon for this area. (Pun intended)

Also if you have not already, bring with you codex scanners. Without spoiling anything you will need it to scan a certain something when it pops up to unlock the next quest.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)drpunk-yo said:

Mods are generally more important than the weapon itself.

What weapon are you currently using, what mods do you have on it and what rank are they?

I knew there would be Uranus jokes but anyway I'm currently using a Boltor with maxed out Piercing Hit and Serration. I'm thinking about using Twin Drakatas or a Magnus to help.

33 minutes ago, (PS4)m0rtr3k588 said:

I knew there would be Uranus jokes but anyway I'm currently using a Boltor with maxed out Piercing Hit and Serration. I'm thinking about using Twin Drakatas or a Magnus to help.

Maxed out Serration? Are you sure it's an undamaged Serration? If you're just now getting to Uranus, there's no way you have a maxed out undamaged Serration, because of how much endo / credits it costs to get it to rank 10.

9 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Klio of the FWC said:

Maxed out Serration? Are you sure it's an undamaged Serration? If you're just now getting to Uranus, there's no way you have a maxed out undamaged Serration, because of how much endo / credits it costs to get it to rank 10.

That's a very good point.

Also, the piercing hit mod is a bit of a waste of time because the Boltor hardly has a high puncture stat (20?) and 30% of 20 is only an extra 6 damage. The capacity used by that mod could be put to much better use.

If you can get a proper (undamaged) Serration mod and a Split Chamber mod to go with it then I reckon the Boltor could cope with Uranus. And that's about all you'd be able to fit into the Boltor too.

Just now, (PS4)drpunk-yo said:

That's a very good point.

Also, the piercing hit mod is a bit of a waste of time because the Boltor hardly has a high puncture stat (20?) and 30% of 20 is only an extra 6 damage. The capacity used by that mod could be put to much better use.

If you can get a proper (undamaged) Serration mod and a Split Chamber mod to go with it then I reckon the Boltor could cope with Uranus. And that's about all you'd be able to fit into the Boltor too.

Isn't the Boltor a puncture based weapon? I recall it shooting bolt(or)s that impaled enemies to walls.

48 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Klio of the FWC said:

Sorry, I meant I have Serration as well(I had just woke up so my brain wasn't ticking right) it's a Level 3.

17 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Klio of the FWC said:

Isn't the Boltor a puncture based weapon? I recall it shooting bolt(or)s that impaled enemies to walls.

Based on my current understanding (which could be wrong)...

Yes, it's a puncture based weapon (i.e. puncture is highest stat) but it's not a status weapon so puncture is unlikely to ever actually proc. For that reason you're looking mainly at base damage . And 30% of 20 just isn't much. You're adding 6 to it's base damage. It's base damage is 31 rather than 25. That's not exactly earth shattering. And that's before the buffs from Serration and Split Chamber. A 100% buff from Serration would put base damage to 50 and Piercing Hit will still only be adding 6 to that base damage. Even less earth shattering.

Sure, if you've got no other mods to put into the weapon then stick it in but don't expect it to make much of a difference. 

I reckon you'd get better DPS out of Speed Trigger than Piercing Hit anyway.

Just now, (PS4)drpunk-yo said:

Yes, it's a puncture based weapon (i.e. puncture is highest stat) but it's not a status weapon so puncture is unlikely to ever actually proc. For that reason you're looking mainly at base damage . And 30% of 20 just isn't much. You're adding 6 to it's base damage. It's base damage is 31 rather than 25. That's not exactly earth shattering. And that's before the buffs from Serration and Split Chamber. A 100% buff from Serration would put base damage to 50 and Piercing Hit will still only be adding 6 to that base damage. Even less earth shattering.

Sure, if you've got no other mods to put into the weapon then stick it in but don't expect it to make much of a difference. 

Hmm... I see. I've been playing for a year, and I'm still finding better ways to optimize my mods.

Thanks for the insight, Tenno.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)m0rtr3k588 said:

Sorry, I meant I have Serration as well(I had just woke up so my brain wasn't ticking right) it's a Level 3.

Serious props for getting this far with a level 3 Serration.

But yeah, just keep pumping endo into that mod and it'll help you no end.

You really want a Split Chamber mod too. They are the two most important rifle mods and you want them as high level as you can afford.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)m0rtr3k588 said:

Thanks and I guess Piercing Hit also helps?

3 minutes ago, (PS4)drpunk-yo said:

There's your answer.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)drpunk-yo said:

Serious props for getting this far with a level 3 Serration.

But yeah, just keep pumping endo into that mod and it'll help you no end.

You really want a Split Chamber mod too. They are the two most important rifle mods and you want them as high level as you can afford.

Ruk was so difficult with my setup and I just finished my Nyx(Mag lover here), hopefully it helps a bit.

I have a big tip that can cause a lot of puncture damage in Uranus 

Try to find some mods that can give you either radiation or corrosive damage.

preferably a shotgun (Hek works) because their damage mods are easier to level than rifles. If you can get a Hek with Point Blank (and maybe Blaze), that should be enough on its own. Hells chamber is something to look for as well, and if you have some plat, I'd recommend buying Scattered Justice for about 15. Thatll take you all the way through the starchart, easily.

ill be on later. I can give you most of these mods

Edited by (PS4)SupeBoss

Get the correct elemental (corrosive) for the gun you're using. I don't imagine maxed toxin/electric mods will fit unless your gun has a potato, but at least r0/r1 versions should. If you're going to use a rifle, dump some endo and spare creds into Serration, you'll need to max it at some point anyway. I wouldn't touch Split Chamber for now, its capacity drain is too big for anything but potatoed/polarized weapons.

If Hek feels more comfortable to use, try to get your hands on Blaze and Scattered Justice - they are pretty much key Hek mods, especially on entry levels. Maybe give some vault runs a try - Vicious Spread is a lot of damage for just 9 capacity and increased spread, if you're lucky enough to get it. 

Edited by Reifnir

4 minutes ago, Reifnir said:

Get the correct elemental (corrosive) for the gun you're using. I don't imagine maxed toxin/electric mods will fit unless your gun has a potato, but at least r0/r1 versions should. If you're going to use a rifle, dump some endo and spare creds into Serration, you'll need to max it at some point anyway. I wouldn't touch Split Chamber for now, its capacity drain is too big for anything but potatoed/polarized weapons.

If Hek feels more comfortable to use, try to get your hands on Blaze and Scattered Justice - they are pretty much key Hek mods, especially on entry levels. Maybe give some vault runs a try - Vicious Spread is a lot of damage for just 9 capacity and increased spread, if you're lucky enough to get it. 

I dunno (is there anyone that can do the maths?) but I reckon a max rank split chamber is more effective than 2 rank 1 elements.