Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sobek cant get 100% status on my ps4

(PSN)EVERTZ_

Question

11 answers to this question

I suspect you have Multi-shot (Hell's Chamber) installed already.  The Shattering Justice +20% applies to it's normal Status without Multi-shot and takes it from 15% to 35%.  Adding Multi-shot messes up the Status chance as it shows the chance of getting at least one proc per trigger pull.  For example, if you had 50% status and added 100% Multi-shot so you are always firing 2 shots at a time then the Status would say 75% when you'd actually have a 25% chance of two procs, a 50% chance of one proc and a 25% chance of no procs.  With shotguns firing multiple pellets, each with their own individual status chance, the status shown is already an averaged out chance of at least one per trigger pull and adding Multi-shot will make any additions seem less than they are.  Unless you reach 100% without multi-shot you'll never reach 100% with it as there will always be a small chance that no pellets will proc (also the chance shown is based on every pellet being on target!)

The thing I find most annoying about shotguns and status is that as host I'll get different procs per shot so one blast can strip armour, stagger, bleed and set fire to the target all at once but as client every proc will be the same type and seing four or more staggers come up is disappointing when other status effects that actually stack could have been applied.

47 minutes ago, Katinka said:

I suspect you have Multi-shot (Hell's Chamber) installed already.  The Shattering Justice +20% applies to it's normal Status without Multi-shot and takes it from 15% to 35%.  Adding Multi-shot messes up the Status chance as it shows the chance of getting at least one proc per trigger pull.  For example, if you had 50% status and added 100% Multi-shot so you are always firing 2 shots at a time then the Status would say 75% when you'd actually have a 25% chance of two procs, a 50% chance of one proc and a 25% chance of no procs.  With shotguns firing multiple pellets, each with their own individual status chance, the status shown is already an averaged out chance of at least one per trigger pull and adding Multi-shot will make any additions seem less than they are.  Unless you reach 100% without multi-shot you'll never reach 100% with it as there will always be a small chance that no pellets will proc (also the chance shown is based on every pellet being on target!)

The thing I find most annoying about shotguns and status is that as host I'll get different procs per shot so one blast can strip armour, stagger, bleed and set fire to the target all at once but as client every proc will be the same type and seing four or more staggers come up is disappointing when other status effects that actually stack could have been applied.

75% divided by the number of pellets you're shooting is, give or take,  the status chance per pellet when your status chance is less than 100%. You also cannot reach 100% status chance with multishot if you cannot reach  it without multishot as well. Multishot actually hurts shotguns' ability to deal consistent status with status chance lower than 100%.

29 minutes ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

75% divided by the number of pellets you're shooting is, give or take,  the status chance per pellet when your status chance is less than 100%. You also cannot reach 100% status chance with multishot if you cannot reach  it without multishot as well. Multishot actually hurts shotguns' ability to deal consistent status with status chance lower than 100%.

I possibly should have made it clearer but I meant the example of 50% per shot giving 75% for two shots as a simple hypothetical example only dealing with one shot or two shots as the maths does get more complex with pellet counts, to the point of being something I can't calculate in my head in a few seconds (I could try calculating in my head for the Sobek's 5 pellets or 11 with Hell's Chamber, but I don't really want to as it would take a while and exact numbers aren't needed to understand the concept :wink:)

I still find I consistently get Status procs with shotguns, to about the advertised chance per shot (as long as I'm firing on target and hit with all pellets, if one misses that might have been the one that would've procced).  The Status listed takes into account the fact that it was split over 5 pellets and is now 11 pellets, each with the same individual chance as before.  The only issue I have is clients getting one proc type per shot while hosts get different procs off one shot.

58 minutes ago, Katinka said:

I possibly should have made it clearer but I meant the example of 50% per shot giving 75% for two shots as a simple hypothetical example only dealing with one shot or two shots as the maths does get more complex with pellet counts, to the point of being something I can't calculate in my head in a few seconds (I could try calculating in my head for the Sobek's 5 pellets or 11 with Hell's Chamber, but I don't really want to as it would take a while and exact numbers aren't needed to understand the concept :wink:)

I still find I consistently get Status procs with shotguns, to about the advertised chance per shot (as long as I'm firing on target and hit with all pellets, if one misses that might have been the one that would've procced).  The Status listed takes into account the fact that it was split over 5 pellets and is now 11 pellets, each with the same individual chance as before.  The only issue I have is clients getting one proc type per shot while hosts get different procs off one shot.

Status on shotguns doesn't work anything like it does on rifles and secondaries. Here's a video of me showcasing that on Boar Prime

I use two different builds here. One with 99,8% status chance and one with 100% status chance with and without blaze.

The 0,2% difference in status chance resulted into the heavy gunner taking double the shots to completely strip off its armor. The best I got was 17 shots, which is still less than 1 magazine. For the 100% status build with blaze it took 12 shots and without blaze it took 8. Blaze adds heat damage to the gun which reduces the probability of proccing corrosive. I also tested a 93,8% status build (the first build without multishot) and it took 40-50 shots to strip off the armor. That test isn't on the video, however.

Edited by Wyrmius_Prime

4 hours ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

I use two different builds here. One with 99,8% status chance and one with 100% status chance with and without blaze.

The 0,2% difference in status chance resulted into the heavy gunner taking double the shots to completely strip off its armor. The best I got was 17 shots, which is still less than 1 magazine. For the 100% status build with blaze it took 12 shots and without blaze it took 8. Blaze adds heat damage to the gun which reduces the probability of proccing corrosive.

With that many numbers flying on screen it's hard to spot all the icons for procs but the maths behind it as I understand it is:

If you have 100% Status then every pellet will proc something every shot and Boar Prime has 19.8 pellets per shot with Hell's Chamber so your 8 shots is giving you roughly 392 procs.  The build with 99.8% status has roughly a chance of 27% per pellet which will give about 5 or 6 procs per shot, sometimes more, sometimes less, 0.2% of the time giving nothing (assuming all pellets are on target).  If all you want to do is Impact, Radiation or Viral procs where one is all you need then 99.8% is fine as you'll get something most of the time (at least one proc 99.8% of the time).  If you want Corrosive or DoTs where duplicated procs actually do something then 100% is far better.

1 hour ago, Katinka said:

With that many numbers flying on screen it's hard to spot all the icons for procs but the maths behind it as I understand it is:

If you have 100% Status then every pellet will proc something every shot and Boar Prime has 19.8 pellets per shot with Hell's Chamber so your 8 shots is giving you roughly 392 procs.  The build with 99.8% status has roughly a chance of 27% per pellet which will give about 5 or 6 procs per shot, sometimes more, sometimes less, 0.2% of the time giving nothing (assuming all pellets are on target).  If all you want to do is Impact, Radiation or Viral procs where one is all you need then 99.8% is fine as you'll get something most of the time (at least one proc 99.8% of the time).  If you want Corrosive or DoTs where duplicated procs actually do something then 100% is far better.

Most if not all late game status-based builds revolve around gas, slash, corrosive and viral. Three out of four of those procs require stacking. Sobek applies status even slower than Boar because of its lower rate of fire. Status isn't that important in early game because a pure damage build will make you kill everything in a few hits and status at that point will only slow you down. That's why shotguns with status chance less than 100% aren't really used that much or at all.

To be fair, my own Sobek only has Status from Shattering Justice and I don't have that for the Status, rather for the periodic AoE stagger, armour boost and health restoration of Justice.  It's low pellet count (5 compared to 9) also makes it worse at stacking procs.