Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

enemies dont take dmg when getting up from Blast proc.

Mak_Gohae

Question

17 answers to this question

1 minute ago, Mak_Gohae said:

what forum should this go in? I put it here cause this isnt feedback.

And the question is about an invulnerable phase as the mob gets up.

https://forums.warframe.com/forum/38-players-helping-players/ for any game related questions and i never payed much attention to it if they were immun because they usually stay up pretty fast if they are not slowed. but i would say its like before the grey healthbar thing came out.

2 minutes ago, Devinee said:

https://forums.warframe.com/forum/38-players-helping-players/ for any game related questions and i never payed much attention to it if they were immun because they usually stay up pretty fast if they are not slowed. but i would say its like before the grey healthbar thing came out.

isnt that board just for tips?

Anyway, this got me thinking... is this the way it is for every attack that knocks mobs down? How  many bullets have we wasted shooting things as they are getting up.

I knew that enemies recovering from blast procs were immune to further blast procs until they got up again, but full damage immunity seems a bit stupid.

Definitely worth more testing.

Also, on the topic of subforums, I've always thought it was odd that if you strictly applied the rules there'd be virtually no posts in GD at all. I don't see a problem with this one being here.

3 minutes ago, Mak_Gohae said:

Anyway, this got me thinking... is this the way it is for every attack that knocks mobs down? How  many bullets have we wasted shooting things as they are getting up.

Well mobs suffering from knockdown are opened to ground finishers, so they're not completely damage immune.

More investigation required.

19 minutes ago, Mak_Gohae said:

what forum should this go in?

It's fine being in General Discussion; even though it seems like you're asking a question, if the answer to that question is "yes it does happen" then it can be discussed as to why it occurs or if it should be occurring.

In regards to it occurring, assuming that it is intentional and is not a bug - I'm guessing it's because they want the enemies to have ample time in between CC procs so you can't keep them on the ground permanently. I guess they also have the animation of them getting back up after being knocked down - perhaps they want it to play prior to being killed?

If it is the case, then imo I would tend not to use blast CC for fast killing and would only use it in special circumstances.
I guess if they have the time/resources to do it, they could add some code where enemies can take damage whilst in that state but make them immune to status effects for the appropriate duration. However I have no idea how buggy or time consuming that approach would be.

Edited by Alcoholism

2 minutes ago, ChuckMaverick said:

Well mobs suffering from knockdown are opened to ground finishers, so they're not completely damage immune.

More investigation required.

Yeah, when they are downed they can take dmg, getting up is when i saw the bar turn grey.

So if an enemy survives any damage while downed they get the ability to get up and continue on. Which seems like a weird thing to do cause we arent immune as we get up, right?

Im hoping this was just some lag or something.

Anyone test this with Slova or Peaceful Provocation Equinox? Because this might be a hinderence in using them as the enemies become invulnerable (if true) for a longer period of time.

Also imo this would have been best in feedback, but with some rephrasing it could belong here (mainly ask if this SHOULD be an aspect of the game rather than ask if it is).

7 minutes ago, Mak_Gohae said:

Yeah, when they are downed they can take dmg, getting up is when i saw the bar turn grey.

So if an enemy survives any damage while downed they get the ability to get up and continue on. Which seems like a weird thing to do cause we arent immune as we get up, right?

Im hoping this was just some lag or something.

Just went into the simulacrum to test the theory, used ignis with heaps of status chance and purely blast elemental type.
When it was downed with blast proc I could use finishers, even when it was getting up.
I could also still damage it with my Ignis whilst it was down and whilst it was getting up.
So maybe it was something else that caused it?

22 minutes ago, ChuckMaverick said:

I knew that enemies recovering from blast procs were immune to further blast procs until they got up again, but full damage immunity seems a bit stupid.

Definitely worth more testing.

Also, on the topic of subforums, I've always thought it was odd that if you strictly applied the rules there'd be virtually no posts in GD at all. I don't see a problem with this one being here.

https://forums.warframe.com/announcement/45-please-read-before-posting-threads-what-is-and-isnt-general-discussion/ exists for a reason

Spoiler

Players Helping Players is the forum for when you have a question about something in the game or need help with something game-related--such as mod builds for frames/weapons, build comparisons, how to craft certain things, where to find components/mods/enemies, strategies for bosses, etc. Guides, solutions, tips and tricks can all be placed here. With hundreds of thousands of players, there's bound to be one that has experienced the same issue as you and has figured out how to solve it!

Edited by Devinee

7 minutes ago, Devinee said:

https://forums.warframe.com/announcement/45-please-read-before-posting-threads-what-is-and-isnt-general-discussion/ exists for a reason

Hide contents

Players Helping Players is the forum for when you have a question about something in the game or need help with something game-related--such as mod builds for frames/weapons, build comparisons, how to craft certain things, where to find components/mods/enemies, strategies for bosses, etc. Guides, solutions, tips and tricks can all be placed here. With hundreds of thousands of players, there's bound to be one that has experienced the same issue as you and has figured out how to solve it!

I know, but try and give a thread topic that belongs in GD rather than another subforum if you strictly follow the rules, it's harder than you might think.

4 hours ago, Alcoholism said:

Just went into the simulacrum to test the theory, used ignis with heaps of status chance and purely blast elemental type.
When it was downed with blast proc I could use finishers, even when it was getting up.
I could also still damage it with my Ignis whilst it was down and whilst it was getting up.
So maybe it was something else that caused it?

i did it on a live mission against the corpus and the bar didnt pop up.

When it happened it was a void fissure defense and i noticed it on a corrupted arid lancer. Maybe the corrupted have extra abilities?

5 minutes ago, Mak_Gohae said:

i did it on a live mission against the corpus and the bar didnt pop up.

When it happened it was a void fissure defense and i noticed it on a corrupted arid lancer. Maybe the corrupted have extra abilities?

Mobs are invulnerable during their transition from normal to corrupted, maybe it was just that and nothing to do with the blast knockdown?

1 minute ago, ChuckMaverick said:

Mobs are invulnerable during their transition from normal to corrupted, maybe it was just that and nothing to do with the blast knockdown?

so i knocked the unit down and it transformed while it was getting up?

I wasnt paying that much attention to tell that much.