Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What do you think about those ideas for Mirage ?

Xgomme

I really love Mirage, the base idea and the actual insane clone war frame... But imo her kit is made so people will only spam big AoE weapons, a big waste when you have Slight of Hands, one of the most complex ability in the game (Use it in the kuva fortress, you'll love it)

So I made a sort of revamp/rework of her kit, keeping in mind the base concept (Read her powers, clones are not meant to fire) and the actual one (because it's totally cool) but with a balanced idea, and (sadly for some I guess) some nerfs here and there. The final idea is still something squishy and powerfull, but you can totally use her "stealthy" part to balance your squishiness.

Mirage_rework.jpg

The spinning clone thing is just an idea, can be cool as visual indicator or new niche mechanic.

And a lot of tweaks can be made if people are salty about the "no firing clones without augments". Just put the augment mechanic by default and create another one (To send one of your clones to the fight for example), still more healthy imo

+ The ability order change is not something mandatory, but could be more logical and balanced to me.

Edited by Xgomme

The big gripe I have with Mirage is that many of her skills (including her passive) promote playing in continuous motion, but her 2 only effects very small, stationary zones. I like your idea of changing Sleight of Hand to synergize with Eclipse, but I'd like to go one further with it. Instead of what it is now, perhaps her 2 could leave items alone, and instead put down less frequent zones of obvious light and dark over a wider range of map to play off of her 3. These zones could also provide some kind of effect on the enemy (for example, Darkness could slow and light could reduce accuracy). This would result in Mirage's skills being more help to the team, encourage her move around more (as long as the ability is cheap and the duration is low) and have the player adapt to new random deployments of light zones. 

Edited by SenorClipClop

I use Eclipse all the time, but I never pay attention to light and dark because often it's too hard to tell what the game considers light and shadow.  Both bonuses are great.  I'm fine with either one.  Forcing Mirage to create her own ambient lighting makes her clunkier.

Hall of Mirrors is fine the way it is.  Not a lot of frames synergize with weapons like Mirage does with launchers and other AoE.  Leave it alone.  Spinning clones would be really annoying.

Slight of Hand is fine.  It doesn't quite fit in with her other powers, bring more suited to static defense than run and gun, but Mirage is very energy efficient.  I spam Slight of hand frequently because I usually have extra energy.

Usually Mirage is on the move, firing weapons and having fun.  This is a good thing.  She achieves crowd control through her weapons and benefits her team by bringing enhanced firepower to hotspots.  She is balanced by being somewhat of a glass cannon.  Even with a simulor and all her evasion up, she can still be one shot at high levels, especially by enemy AoE, so the player must still be cautious.  

Your proposed changes would give Mirage a little bit of survival in exchange for the damage output that makes her useful and the synergy with explosives that makes her fun.  You would trade her mobile, offensive playstyle for a more static and supportive role, pushing her to the bottom of a crowded niche.  If you want your weapons not to matter while buffing teammates and exercising local area control, there's a new frame called Nidus that already fills that role better.  

I appreciate your thought and creativity but your changes would turn Mirage into something she's not.

Another mirage / simulor nerf thread? mirage is fine as she is? sleight of hands may feels a bit useless or making mirrors not invulnerable would be ok but needs to be recastable if a mirror died. mirage is squishy if she doesn't use eclipse in a dark zone and falls pretty fast against high lvl orokin / grineer / corpus

Edited by Devinee

I don't like them at all.

Hall of mirrors doesn't need changing, it doesn't need nerfing and it doesn't need fixing.

This renders those of us that don't spam Simular/Tonkor and practically renders that ability useless in quite a few scenarios. A lot of that takes an incredibly mobile frame and makes her clunky to use.

2 hours ago, Xgomme said:

I really love Mirage, the base idea and the actual insane clone war frame... But imo her kit is made so people will only spam big AoE weapons, a big waste when you have Slight of Hands, one of the most complex ability in the game (Use it in the kuva fortress, you'll love it)

So I made a sort of revamp/rework of her kit, keeping in mind the base concept (Read her powers, clones are not meant to fire) and the actual one (because it's totally cool) but with a balanced idea, and (sadly for some I guess) some nerfs here and there. The final idea is still something squishy and powerfull, but you can totally use her "stealthy" part to balance your squishiness.

Mirage_rework.jpg

+ The ability order change is not something mandatory, but could be more logical and balanced to me.

1.Um yeah some of these ideas aren't bad but rotating clones? Have fun using anything that does self damage.

2.The clones can't shoot? Why mirage a glass cannon not a melee fighter, she meant to do load of damage.

3. Prism already Los and wonky as hell due to it and it doesn't even that much damage. It mostly only used now to revive a teammate.

Edited by Fast_98

3 hours ago, (Xbox One)ThermalStone said:

I use Eclipse all the time, but I never pay attention to light and dark because often it's too hard to tell what the game considers light and shadow.  Both bonuses are great.  I'm fine with either one.  Forcing Mirage to create her own ambient lighting makes her clunkier.

Hall of Mirrors is fine the way it is.  Not a lot of frames synergize with weapons like Mirage does with launchers and other AoE.  Leave it alone.  Spinning clones would be really annoying.

Slight of Hand is fine.  It doesn't quite fit in with her other powers, bring more suited to static defense than run and gun, but Mirage is very energy efficient.  I spam Slight of hand frequently because I usually have extra energy.

Usually Mirage is on the move, firing weapons and having fun.  This is a good thing.  She achieves crowd control through her weapons and benefits her team by bringing enhanced firepower to hotspots.  She is balanced by being somewhat of a glass cannon.  Even with a simulor and all her evasion up, she can still be one shot at high levels, especially by enemy AoE, so the player must still be cautious.  

Your proposed changes would give Mirage a little bit of survival in exchange for the damage output that makes her useful and the synergy with explosives that makes her fun.  You would trade her mobile, offensive playstyle for a more static and supportive role, pushing her to the bottom of a crowded niche.  If you want your weapons not to matter while buffing teammates and exercising local area control, there's a new frame called Nidus that already fills that role better.  

I appreciate your thought and creativity but your changes would turn Mirage into something she's not.

You lose nothing with my rework, if you want to play explosive AoE broken Mirage, you can use the 4th augment, and you'll have up to 4 firing clones....

Thanks for the feedback even if I'm sure you just looked quickly and saw "some nerfs" xD (I don't force her to create dark/light zone, Slight of Hand is (as I said) awesome, the rework only add something on it.)

And she's a glass canon if you play like a sheep... You already have a lot of evasion and the free broken fire power.. With my rework you'll actually have to work for it in exchange of some more evasion. But in the end you'll deal more damage.

"I appreciate your thought and creativity but your changes would turn Mirage into something she's not." >>> AHAHAHAHAHAH, that was fun, please read her abilities description, and tell me when she was supposed to be a high dps broken frame ? x) Since I want to keep both concepts, yeah, it's not... For sure

Same answer to @Ailissa + @Devinee

@Fast_98 Rotating clone is just a possible visual addition, I made a full rework and you're talking about the only grey sentence :clem: 

And that's why I think it should be her 3, with some balancing. Less damages doesn't mean less usefull 

@SenorClipClop Thanks for the feedback, and nice idea for the zones ! Could totally improve her kit

@Roughcut Yeah it could be fun and a good visual indication about her high evasion

@everyone, please try to understand the whole rework before throwing salt. This is meant to please everyone, you won't lose anything but you'll be more active. (spamming fire button is not being active to me... )

Edited by Xgomme

2 hours ago, Ailissa said:

I don't like them at all.

Hall of mirrors doesn't need changing, it doesn't need nerfing and it doesn't need fixing.

This renders those of us that don't spam Simular/Tonkor and practically renders that ability useless in quite a few scenarios. A lot of that takes an incredibly mobile frame and makes her clunky to use.

Mirage is my main, and I used Simulor with her when it was actually fun. Now it's not so for sure I use a lot of other weapons. I'm maybe the only player using Panthera or Paris with her against sortie level ennemies :clem: I won't ruin my favorite frame, and I should not use the word "nerf" in any thread I guess, too scary

But a lot of tweaks can be made if people are salty about the "no firing clones without augments". Just put the augment mechanic by default and create another one, still more healthy imo

Edited by Xgomme

3 minutes ago, Devinee said:

why not make the mirrors mobile to they run for them self but do the same as for now and definitly draw enemys attention? could do the change for simulor all the people desire

I thought about changing the clone mechanic too, but I guess it's a too much big change. And in the end it made a broken Loki :D

1 minute ago, Xgomme said:

I thought about changing the clone mechanic too, but I guess it's a too much big change. And in the end it made a broken Loki :D

if they would work like nekros shadows i think it could work and no insta death to bombards / napalms anymore :crylaugh:

Just now, Devinee said:

if they would work like nekros shadows i think it could work and no insta death to bombards / napalms anymore :crylaugh:

And if you use Ogris, you're taking their job and kill yourself ? :clem: 

But I wanted to keep the "unique" Mirage mechanic, something like Nekros could maybe work better, but I don't like when 2 abilities are too similar

Just now, Xgomme said:

And if you use Ogris, you're taking their job and kill yourself ? :clem: 

But I wanted to keep the "unique" Mirage mechanic, something like Nekros could maybe work better, but I don't like when 2 abilities are too similar

isn't it explosive weapons job to kill yourself? except tonkor :awkward:

proposed Mirage changes:

- Hall of Mirrors no longer gives Mirage clones, instead, the clones appear within the vision cones of enemies, and act as decoys, drawing aggro away from Mirage. the clones use the same weapon you have equipped but deal slightly less damage.

- Sleight of hand now converts turrets, Moa Cabinets and other automated Defenses to your side, making them only affect enemies. casting the ability near Lasers and Sensor Bar Doors converts them to your side for a few seconds. reload speed for weapons is also drastically increased.

- Eclipse has been buffed as follows: when in the Light, Mirage deals more damage with all weapons, and headshots have a chance to blind enemies. when in the Dark, Mirage gains a large armour increase and has reduced visibility.

- Prism retains it's original mechanic, but instead of Blinding upon detonation, the lasers have a chance to Blind enemies when they are hit. detonating the Prism now deals an AoE explosion that can knock down enemies and deal high damage.

just an idea, but I don't particularly agree with OP's changes. I've never been a Mirage fan, mainly because without the clones, she's way too squishy, and players become dependant on them.

4 hours ago, Xgomme said:

You lose nothing with my rework, if you want to play explosive AoE broken Mirage, you can use the 4th augment, and you'll have up to 4 firing clones....

Thanks for the feedback even if I'm sure you just looked quickly and saw "some nerfs" xD (I don't force her to create dark/light zone, Slight of Hand is (as I said) awesome, the rework only add something on it.)

And she's a glass canon if you play like a sheep... You already have a lot of evasion and the free broken fire power.. With my rework you'll actually have to work for it in exchange of some more evasion. But in the end you'll deal more damage.

"I appreciate your thought and creativity but your changes would turn Mirage into something she's not." >>> AHAHAHAHAHAH, that was fun, please read her abilities description, and tell me when she was supposed to be a high dps broken frame ? x) Since I want to keep both concepts, yeah, it's not... For sure

Same answer to @Ailissa + @Devinee

@Fast_98 Rotating clone is just a possible visual addition, I made a full rework and you're talking about the only grey sentence :clem: 

And that's why I think it should be her 3, with some balancing. Less damages doesn't mean less usefull 

@SenorClipClop Thanks for the feedback, and nice idea for the zones ! Could totally improve her kit

@Roughcut Yeah it could be fun and a good visual indication about her high evasion

@everyone, please try to understand the whole rework before throwing salt. This is meant to please everyone, you won't lose anything but you'll be more active. (spamming fire button is not being active to me... )

You are proposing some big changes.  If you can't take criticism without responding with insults and loaded language, you'll never convince anyone.  

2 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

proposed Mirage changes:

- Hall of Mirrors no longer gives Mirage clones, instead, the clones appear within the vision cones of enemies, and act as decoys, drawing aggro away from Mirage. the clones use the same weapon you have equipped but deal slightly less damage.

nyx v2?

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)ThermalStone said:

You are proposing some big changes.  If you can't take criticism without responding with insults and loaded language, you'll never convince anyone.  

Insulting ? Meh :clem:

I accept criticism when it's actually talking about my OP, half of your message is deduction because you stopped reading after two sentences ^^

Your arguments are more against any changes than against my ideas. And since my concept will keep everything Mirage already have, I conclude you stopped reading.

Edited by Xgomme

8 hours ago, (Xbox One)ThermalStone said:

By "benefiting the team" do you mean "killing every enemy inthe level and leaving no gameplay for her teammates?"

Because that's how many players see mirage: as something to avoid lest she kill everything near her and leaving nothing for the rest of the team to do.