Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Finding a Primary

(PSN)bdfeld13

Question

Hi All,

Decently new player (currently MR8). I eventally got myself a set of akstiletto's primes and I love using them. However, for primaries I haven't really found one that really clicks aside from Dread. So far I have the following endgame-ish weapons:

-Soma Prime

-Tonkor

-Dread

-Cernos Prime

-Hek

Aside from Dread, however, none of them have really felt that great to use. Anyone have suggestions on fun/effective primaries that they enjoy using? Maybe slightly more ranged since I basically always have a set of akstilettos. Thanks!

7 answers to this question

Well, I'd suggest you try them all given you'll need to increase your MR if you want to use all the weapons. One I would suggest you try is the Synoid Simulor, but again you'll need to up your MR. 

Also. Have you tried shotguns? I'm not sure what frames you mainly use, but it don't get much more endgame than Tigris prime and Nova. 

Edited by (PS4)Regiampiero

Shotgunning in the dark for some variety. Hopefully one of these clicks:

• Amprex: pseudo-AoE tesla gun. Gets you lots of red critical hits, but eats all the ammo in the world and asks for more.
  • Ignis: high-status-chance flamethrower that shoots through 2 meters of solid terrain.
  • Quanta Vandal: I don't really know how to use this thing, but I hear it's good.
  • Braton Prime: high-status-chance automatic.
  • Strun Wraith: eats armor for breakfast when built for 100% status chance and Corrosive damage.
  • Zhuge: automatic crossbow with high critical chance and some of the worst recoil in the game.
  • Penta with Tether Grenades mod: all the greatness of the Penta with none of the self-damage. Also works as emergency crowd-control against Infested.
  • Tigris: because the other two Tigrises need higher MR.
  • Zarr: a cannon.

And a few weapons that you don't have the MR for, but should definitely try out when you can:

• Rakta Cernos: the other top-line bow. Comes with a really fast charge speed by default.
  • Sancti Tigris: the top-of-the-line raw damage shotgun. Comes with a faster reload by default.
  • Vaykor Hek: the only critical hit shotgun.
  • Tigris Prime: the shotgun that outright ignores the existence of armor.
  • Secura Penta with Tether Grenades mod: a Penta with a Radiation syndicate proc.
  • Synoid Simulor: erases the map. Erases the map even faster with Mirage.
Edited by Inarticulate

I personally enjoyed the Tigris shotgun series since they buffed shotguns quite a while ago. due to the damage the sancti and prime have quite the effective range. The problem for you is their mastery rank lockout however.

I suggest trying those out when you have the mastery at least.

You can check if the standard tigris clicks with its duplex-auto mechanic. It may not be a powerhouse like its followers but it will get you through all missions.

Edited by Airwolfen

try the snipers, i have so much fun with them ( lanka, vectis, rubico, snipetron vandal). Other launchers : penta/secura penta is a good weapon. Shotguns: tigris prime/sancti, vaykor hek, sobek with acid shells, phage. dex sybaris should be good, heard a lot of good things about it. Quanta/quanta vandal , strun wraith , i cant do a list since i played and polarized every gun xD i like to always play different stuff

There is no real way of knowing which weapons you will like until you tried them for yourself. And since you already have all the best weapons in the game given your mastery rank there really aren't that many more options for end-game.

Just keep upgrading your weapons untill you get to MR12 or 13 than you can also try Synoid simulor and Tigris prime.

Ignis is an AoE damage & status beast.

Kohm is a full-auto crowd shredder unlike most other Shotties.

Sobek with Acid Shells (assuming / once it's no longer bugged) is pretty fun.

Lanka is (basically a Bow and thus) my favorite Sniper.

Penta with Tether Grenades is the best, but I'd say wait for the Secura variant.