The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why is dojo decorating so unbelievably limited?

AdunSaveMe

You have all these big open rooms to fill with cool decorations, but why is it so limited?

6JLQw24.jpg

-Placing anything on non-metal surfaces is a nightmare.
-Placing anything on any terrain that isn't 100% perfectly flat is near impossible.
-Players have to spend a lot of time and frustration turning and resizing decorations to be able to place them. This means that you're often left with a viable placement, except the decoration is a third of its size and pointing in the wrong direction, if it even lets you place it at all.

I believe it's safe to assume that I speak for the majority when I say we do not care if decorations clip.

If placement is limited to stop some leaves touching a wall, that's fine. We can live with that. We can live with the corner of a tree trunk floating off the ground, we can live with a bit of grass blowing diagonally. Though I might be able to believe it was intended to reduce trees inside walls, it is very obviously not working how it should. If a tree is in the middle of a room, why should I not be able to place it? These limitations are pointless, inconsistent, and should be removed.

Let us actually decorate dojos and use decorations how we were meant to. I just want my sand rooms to look good :(

it is because there were more important elements of the game, and core systems that needed to be fixed before the dojo system. The dojo is technically 3 years old. and was last updated 2+ years ago. The Devs have said that they will be visiting the gojo very near future.

1 hour ago, Tuxpenguino said:

it is because there were more important elements of the game, and core systems that needed to be fixed before the dojo system. 

You can say this about a lot of things, and there are multiple teams working on different bits of the game. Priority is a rather pointless argument.

Problem is there is no side team for these kinds of things, only conclave has a small team dedicated to it.  So they generally get pushed down the list time and time again.  A small team like conclave has could actually do wonders for these side projects, like dojos, relays and archwing.  

Sure, none of it individually would need a dedicated team, but I'd be surprised if there isn't enough work for those things collectively to keep a small team quite busy.

Even a small fix to the dojo decoration placement could be to still let it show red (as if its clipping something) but still let us place it anyway should we desire to.

After all some great designs have come from players building things with components that weren't intended for that.

Edited by Loswaith