Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idea for player crafted Nitain, Catalysts and Reactors

(PSN)StoneScorpion197

Currently these are very difficult to come by unless you spend platinum on them but I noticed that there are a lot of planets that have fauna on them that you can scan and get but seem to have no use for.  I was thinking that it would be nice to give people other options to play in the warframe universe.  For example, say someone wants to focus mostly on searching out and collecting large quantities of rare plants and materials from different planets to be a trader to other players.  Maybe they could go on a quest to get the Nitain recipe or for the Orokin Catalysts or Reactors and then have a fairly difficult time collecting the required ingredients to craft them.  This would give players more options for attaining these things, since they could then be traded and I think as long as they aren't too easy to craft so that most people don't go this route it would give some players a reason to go exploring the planets regularly.

The taters are hard to come by for a reason. The thing people forget is that DE IS a company and they need to eat too. They are pretty nice as it is to give them out on free alerts at times. One of the ways they bring cash in is by the sale of catalysts. You are playing a free game as it is.

Catalysts and reactors, IMO, are fine as a plat thing. They're necessary, yes, but you don't always need them for everything, and using one on every weapon is a huge waste.

Nitain I wouldn't mind being a craftable thing, however. I'm rarely online when the alerts pop up and I run them when I see them, yet still only had 4 (used 3 on Hirudo, actually, so I only have 1 now). It's a pretty tough resource for people who aren't online a whole lot. It wouldn't affect people that regularly do alerts, but it would have a lot more people doing whatever farming at odd hours when alerts aren't up.

I don't think that would actually happen, but it'd be really nice.

I rather have it stay as it is. Not just because of the "DE must eat too" issue but because it gives players more reasons to keep in touch with the alerts and playing the game to get stronger. It is a very gratifying moment when you obtain one and install it into your gear.

6 minutes ago, TrickshotMcGee said:

using one on every weapon is a huge waste

*Hides her arsenal*

Edited by BiancaRoughfin

They could make it a bit easier to get nitain but in a mean way. They could add it to the Tenno lab as a single use BP(see mutagen mass etc), requiring a new resource to craft, much like mutagen mass. Just have that resource only drop from other Tenno. Effectively forcing people to play PvP Muahahaha!

20 plat is a joke to get for a potato, either one. There's alerts often enough that unless you're at endgame and trying to min-max everything possible, you won't be blowing through potatoes. Forma are easy enough, and Nitain drops at least 4x a day, though I would argue to make the Nitain alerts last at least 2hrs for how inconvenient they are for a lot of players.