Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Good Primary Weapons

batmanexpert229

Question

Hello there again fellow Tenno! I have a couple of questions regarding primary weapons. I am looking for some good information on what are the best primary weapons to use for my certain warframe of choice, in other words what would you recommend? The warframe I am going to craft is Zephyr and I was wondering if there were any good primary weapons that would suit her element of choice Air. Looking at her abilities they are extraordinarily good and would suit my play style well! But regarding the primary weapons I am not sure what would be best for her out of either Assault rifles, sniper rifles, bows, and or another. Those are the categories that I am looking at for crafting a primary weapon, ans the one I am considering is the Vectis. With Zephyr she can get to some high places other warframes can't due to her light weight, and I think that Sniper would be good but that is why I seek help. I love the way Zephyr sounds and if any fellow Tenno who play her and give me some tips that would be great! Thank you for the time, and may the Lotus guide you and me!

12 answers to this question

So you want precision? In that case, the Vectis isn't a bad choice- however, another suggestion may be any of the Bows (aside from the Cernos Prime- it has a completely different playstyle)

Using the Jet Stream augment can allow bows to have a much larger range due to the projectile speed increase, and they're not limited in close range either.

Alternatively, snipers with projectile speed, such as the Lanka, could work extremely well. Never underestimate a status electric/gas Lanka.

Edited by (PS4)rowansprite

I hate to disappoint you, but snipers aren't great in the game.  Also, very few warframes have synergy with weapons, really just Mirage, Ember (for fire), and frames like Ivara where weapon mods enhance an ability.  Zephyr does have one weapon synergy, with Tonkor, the grenade launcher.  With the right build and mod you can increase Tonkor's projectile speed so the grenades fly straight and explode on impact.

The weapons that seem to benefit Zephyr most are any where the projectile has travel time, Tonkor, Simulor, etc.

This assumes you're going to pick up the Jet Stream augment, which is kind of an "essential" Zephyr mod.

--------

edit: looks like everyone beat me to suggesting Tonkor :-)

Edited by (PS4)solcott

High dps weapons work well too, so you can shoot the tornados to add damage.  This isnt common practice, but this feature on her 4th ability works best with something that has high fire rate and good base damage, so that heavy calibur can be used.  Other than that, projectile weapons are really good too, like what others are saying.  Not just because of jet stream but because her 3rd ability allows her to be able to stand still without taking much damage, and allows you to take more careful aim.  

Most missions aren't about standing still, so getting to a nice, cozy snipers nest up there somewhere isn't really all that helpful. Not to mention that snipers aren't all that good, due to the fact that you are better off with a weapon that can quickly dispatch lots of enemies with a quick glance at the general direction, instead of taking careful aim to kill just one.

I would recommend a shotgun - spread would mitigate the problems with aim that arise when you're highly mobile. Either pick something that's good at up close, or that's accurate from afar, depending on playstyle, or pick drakgoon to fill both roles.