Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excavation lamers need to be stopped

magusat999

The "lamers" I'm talking about are players who place all the burden of protecting Excavators on other players. They open new excavators and run off to the next one, trying to avoid getting involved in the action. I have been responding by letting the excavator die, but this is wasting my time. I think it is unfair to the other players and sometimes there is more than one person doing it which makes it ridiculous.

I'm suggesting that either only one Excavator be opened at a time, or some kind of other limiting factor - certainly not one in one place and another 3 or 4 screens away. There needs to be something that gently guides players to stick together, so these lamers aren't just running around putting all the work on other players.

If there's 3 people at an excavator and they can do their job, why can't someone else start up the next one and save on time? You'll get the rewards faster, it's not like they're not doing anything. Please stop wasting everyone's time on excavations with that attitude.

Edited by AzoreanEve

36 minutes ago, magusat999 said:

The "lamers" I'm talking about are players who place all the burden of protecting Excavators on other players.

Sorry, but the best response you will get is to just abort and try again, or use clans/friends, even recruiting channel where everyone is dedicated to the mission.  There are plenty of people who are quite adept at maintaining multiple excavators at once, and this would bring their gameplay to a halt.

If you are in a mission where players are dropping excavators and not sticking around, call them out on it, if it continues to happen, leave.  Don't waste your time better spent finding another squad that actually works.

3 minutes ago, AzoreanEve said:

If there's 3 people at an excavator and they can do their job, why can't someone else start up the next one and save on time? You'll get the rewards faster, it's not like they're not doing anything. Please stop wasting everyone's time on excavations with that attitude.

I don't think you understand, the issue is players who open up new excavators and keep running away. I am already protecting the first one by myself, they aren't protecting ANYTHING, all they are doing is opening them and running off to the next one. That is not several players each protecting an excavator, as you described, and that is not what I am talking about. It is THOSE PLAYERS that have a bad attitude - my attitude is if you open an excavator, stick around and protect it. If your too weak, then lets protect it together. Running off opening as mahy excavators as you can without helping to protect them is bad, lame and predatory game play. Nobody needs someone to go around opening Excavators! I can do that my self, we need people to PROTECT THEM - does that clarify things?

If Excavations were limited to one at a time my gameplay would be seriously hampered. It's much more efficient to start the next excavator ahead of the current one finishing and so long as I stick around until teammates come up from the previous excavator I usually see no problems. I mean, I get what you're saying, but you're having problems with players, not game mechanics. 

Just now, magusat999 said:

I don't think you understand, the issue is players who open up new excavators and keep running away. I am already protecting the first one by myself, they aren't protecting ANYTHING, all they are doing is opening them and running off to the next one.

Oh that makes things a lot different. Why the heck would people do that? I've never seen that behaviour. I guess the best option in those cases is to just leave the mission.

9 minutes ago, RICK_BO said:

If Excavations were limited to one at a time my gameplay would be seriously hampered. It's much more efficient to start the next excavator ahead of the current one finishing and so long as I stick around until teammates come up from the previous excavator I usually see no problems. I mean, I get what you're saying, but you're having problems with players, not game mechanics. 

Yes but the game could be altered to combat the bad gameplay. I also think having several excavators open is much more efficient - but not when there is nobody protecting them! And what is the use of having another one open 3 screens away anyway? Sure, in the same area where one person could possibly prtect them all, but not several screens away - that is what is lending to the abuse. You do all the work in the first area while they just run around popping excavators and staying away from the fight. There shouldn't be an incentive for them to run off to another area, and at the same time the area you are in can still spawn several excavators, so you do not get penalized if you want to maintain several of them.

its bad and no doubt about it. excavations is just like defense you protect the obj. I like to go to 2k-3k cryo and in most cases those who love to run off and start another instead of sticking around to protect the one that is going always has problems.

1) they don't get the drops to keep the excavator going.

2) they get downed and die<< totally defeating the purpose and jeapordizing the team should 1 or 2 rush to revive them.

it is foolish to do at later levels just don't. a team should be and play as a team, no need for Rambo-ism, especially when that person is the rabbit in the team where all the enemies seems to chase.

36 minutes ago, magusat999 said:

I don't think you understand, the issue is players who open up new excavators and keep running away. I am already protecting the first one by myself, they aren't protecting ANYTHING, all they are doing is opening them and running off to the next one. That is not several players each protecting an excavator, as you described, and that is not what I am talking about. It is THOSE PLAYERS that have a bad attitude - my attitude is if you open an excavator, stick around and protect it. If your too weak, then lets protect it together. Running off opening as mahy excavators as you can without helping to protect them is bad, lame and predatory game play. Nobody needs someone to go around opening Excavators! I can do that my self, we need people to PROTECT THEM - does that clarify things?

Well that's impossible. There can't be 3 extractors down at once UNLESS you have delayed early. If they are constantly dropping new extractors they can't be running off to a new one because it wouldn't exist. Seems you are exaggerating. A new extractor doesn't become available until Extractor 1 is at 40 Seconds. If they drop that second one and "run away from it" right away, there will be no 3rd one for another 60 seconds so you can't be defending one, while they drop #2 and run to #3 - unless you are pretty far behind in dropping them. I've never really seen people dropping one and running away from it for no reason.

Sounds like maybe you encountered a situation in a pub where 3 people left to drop a new extractor all expecting to bet he one to do it, sometimes pubs are harder to coordinate, so say something in chat and clear it up.

I may be wrong on this but I believe part of the old "locator" system is still in place. 

There used to be a separate tower that was persistent through the entire excavation mission that would take the same power cells and Locate a new artifact every 20s that it had power. I believe that currently every twenty seconds a new artifact is located so long as there is Not a marked artifact that is not currently being excavated. So if you were standing on the site of the next artifact as soon as it was marked you could start a new excavation every twenty seconds. I have seen three excavators going numerous times; but that was always early on in the missions. As the enemies started to beef up we would wait longer between starting new excavations.

Excavation missions require a certain teamwork to pull off long runs successfully. I've almost never gotten to 1400 going with pubs.

19 hours ago, Shockwave- said:

Well that's impossible. There can't be 3 extractors down at once UNLESS you have delayed early. If they are constantly dropping new extractors they can't be running off to a new one because it wouldn't exist. Seems you are exaggerating. A new extractor doesn't become available until Extractor 1 is at 40 Seconds. If they drop that second one and "run away from it" right away, there will be no 3rd one for another 60 seconds so you can't be defending one, while they drop #2 and run to #3 - unless you are pretty far behind in dropping them. I've never really seen people dropping one and running away from it for no reason.

Sounds like maybe you encountered a situation in a pub where 3 people left to drop a new extractor all expecting to bet he one to do it, sometimes pubs are harder to coordinate, so say something in chat and clear it up.

I just responded according to the example given, wasn't meant to be exacting in detail. Basically one person may be able to protect more than one Extractor - but not when one is in an area and another is way off in another area. And there may not be 3 extractors at once, but it might as well be when someone is opening them up and running away as fast as he game can load a new one. Whether there is two or five hundred - a player that is in the mission should help defend, not pop a new extractor and go hide somewhere until another one is ready to open.