Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we get something other than Grineer Defectors for the new mission type?

Mak_Gohae

We got Steel Meridian, Clem, Rathuum, there are way too many G-defector stuff going on. You gotta add some Corpus or Infested defectors.

Perrin Sequence are not defectors,BTW, cause they still follow the Corpus religion. They are just hippies that dont want to use violence. We need people that leave the religion.

For the Infested it could the Infested Diplomat that after spending a lot of time with other factions trying to get them to join the Infested  decided that the Infestation is not the way. And now he just wants to live in a lone colony in peace hanging out and having fun or whatever.

Infested Defectors? But they're a hive mind. The only way for an infested to be a "defector" would be to cure them... during the early stages, as with Alad. By then, that's not really defecting, because they're not even affected by the Infestation. 

And hey, the Perrin Sequence isn't opposed to fighting necessarily- they have their own operatives. I dunno if I would really consider them part of the Corpus religion either- after all, they're interested in a free market, and Corpus is interested in Profit. Free markets don't exactly encourage maximum profit.

But I mean, yea, I do agree. Corpus defects would be rather nice to see. Even just regular "civilian" soldiers might be nice.

Edited by (PS4)rowansprite

20 minutes ago, (PS4)rowansprite said:

Infested Defectors? But they're a hive mind. The only way for an infested to be a "defector" would be to cure them... during the early stages, as with Alad. By then, that's not really defecting, because they're not even affected by the Infestation. 

Like i said, a new colony gets made from an Infested Diplomat that spent too much time away from a colony.

Or your infested Helmith Charger infested the Infested and that created a new faction. 

It's easy to come up with ways to do this.

33 minutes ago, Mak_Gohae said:

Like i said, a new colony gets made from an Infested Diplomat that spent too much time away from a colony.

Or your infested Helmith Charger infested the Infested and that created a new faction. 

It's easy to come up with ways to do this.

Are you talking about the Myconians? If so, they're not TRULY Infested. They're more or less hybrids, and don't spread infestation so much as control it... IF there's a Triuna.

Why does every mission type need to include all factions? Aren't Salvage missions basically infested specific, just like these will be Grineer specific? Why not a Corpus specific mission type as well? 

I think we need more diversity like this. I don't think every mission type needs to be for every faction. 

19 hours ago, (PS4)rowansprite said:

Are you talking about the Myconians? If so, they're not TRULY Infested. They're more or less hybrids, and don't spread infestation so much as control it... IF there's a Triuna.

No, im talking about a new Infested faction from already Infested things.

18 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Why does every mission type need to include all factions? Aren't Salvage missions basically infested specific, just like these will be Grineer specific? Why not a Corpus specific mission type as well? 

I think we need more diversity like this. I don't think every mission type needs to be for every faction. 

Or just turn the story of this mission type into something else cause Grineer defectors running away has been used too much for my taste.

9 minutes ago, Mak_Gohae said:

No, im talking about a new Infested faction from already Infested things.

That's not how the Infested work though. e.e

Like, I wouldn't mind if there were "factions" in the sense that a Grineer ship will have mostly Grineer infested, a Corpus one mostly Corpus infested, and Derelicts having mostly "pure" infested, but that's not really a faction. A true faction within the Infested completely goes against the nature of the Infested- all Infested are part of the whole, the one hive mind.

I imagine an Infested Defector would be someone of Value to the Lotus, whom she would seek to cure from the Infestation. we know that it can sort of be done, as evidenced by Alad V, who's Infestation goes into remission some time before the Second Dream. the person could be a valuable operative or Informant to the Lotus, someone she cannot afford to lose.

Perrin Sequence don't follow the Corpus BTW: while they still seek financial gain, they wish to do so in a free market that welcomes everyone willing to invest, the Corpus just want money and power and will do anything to get it. remember, Darvo is a Corpus Defector as well. in fact, he is perhaps the most triumphant of the Defectors, since he literally turned down a seat on the Board of Directors itself.

2 hours ago, (PS4)rowansprite said:

Like, I wouldn't mind if there were "factions" in the sense that a Grineer ship will have mostly Grineer infested, a Corpus one mostly Corpus infested, and Derelicts having mostly "pure" infested, but that's not really a faction. A true faction within the Infested completely goes against the nature of the Infested- all Infested are part of the whole, the one hive mind.

What about a mission where Lotus's intelligence network/psychic powers? (however that works) finds a group of infested somewhere that are showing a strange amount of aberrant independent thought. Your job is to save them for the Lotus to attempt to work with before the other infested re-assimilate them full into the hive-mind. If you succeed you get some rewards for the mission obv, but lore-wise, the infested cannot fully change back physically or something but are now capable of a decent amount of thought, think Clem (some thought but not super smart). IDK I feel like something like that could work. 

1 minute ago, Tesseract7777 said:

What about a mission where Lotus's intelligence network/psychic powers? (however that works) finds a group of infested somewhere that are showing a strange amount of aberrant independent thought. Your job is to save them for the Lotus to attempt to work with before the other infested re-assimilate them full into the hive-mind. If you succeed you get some rewards for the mission obv, but lore-wise, the infested cannot fully change back physically or something but are now capable of a decent amount of thought, think Clem (some thought but not super smart). IDK I feel like something like that could work. 

What mission are you referring to? I don't remember anything like that.

On 2/5/2017 at 5:04 PM, (PS4)rowansprite said:

we dont really know how the infested work. Most of our ideas are based on the general zombie lore rather than info from the game.

So saying this cant happen isnt a solid argument because there's little behind that.

On 2/5/2017 at 6:13 PM, BaneOfOrion said:

Alad is the closest thing we have to an infested defector.

yeah, and he created the mutalist army.

So now we have 2 examples of different infested strands besides the current feral one.