Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Research 2.0(?) suggestion.

low1991

Due to the problem introduced by HEMA research cost. i thought of an idea. (nt sure if brought-up b4). To make it more realistic to real-life research. Where the total cost to research the said topic/stuff is unknown.

Research step-progression will be based on RNG to a 100% guaranteed on Cap research capacity.

ie, using Hema: cost

• Credit 5,000
  • Mutagen Sample 5,000
  • Plastid 10,000
  • Nano-spores 45,000
  • Neurodes 50

Each RNG chance to have a successful research is 10%~ of base cost. (ie, 500 Mutagen Sample cost). When a clan have 100% of the 10% of base cost for the step-progression, the clan will start research. When complete (research duration/count down hits 0), there will be 2 results:

1. Failed (re-do research step-progression again to a cap limit)
  2. Success (Research complete, here's your Blue print)

For Result #1 (failed), the clan can re-start/ re-run research step-progression for 10%~ of the base cost again, for another try at RNG. This RNG will only hit 100% when the TOTAL research material poured into that said research hit the total cost at of now (Base cost x clan multiplier).

• Total Materials poured into said research is now 10% x 2 (2nd try) out of 100% of Base x Clan size multiplier. 
    • A total of 10 Tries for x1 clan size multiplier
  • When the total materials poured into said research hit the full 100% total cost (Base x clan size multiplier). The research (when completes) will be 100% guaranteed.

For result #2 (Success), when the clan' research hit a success, the research for that said weapon is now complete. (cost is therefore lesser then original cost for current research cost)

Any comments/thoughts?

Edited by low1991

I would suggest a one-chance-per day minigame in which you have to avoid miniature obstacles. Visualy in theme with a research/engineering/workbench theme.

Would be a sidescroller where you have to avoid obstacles which would look like small junk and debris from the construction. You'd have 3 lives and if you complete the minigame you will significantly decrease the time for crafting or sometimes even RNGENEROUSLY insta complete the crafting process.

I have enough RNG to deal with and would rather not add more.

I prefer giving clan members more reason to be active in the clan beyond being kicked for not contributing to current research or whatever rules the clan leadership comes up with.

More carrot less stick.

So we can get some more salt sprinkled on this forum when a clan does 20 times and nothing happens? No thanks. 

We just need to switch to a player based multiplier instead of the tiered one we currently have, this way everyone has to just pull their own wait. On top of that, I'd like to see a stat-track option to see who donates what. This way you can really see who's active and therefore reward them accordingly. 

Edited by (PS4)Regiampiero