Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing Rush

DejectedPlacebo

Can someone reduce the amount of stasis mines in the archwing rush mission on Phobos? Those are literally the only thing keeping me from pulling off the incredibly hard mission; you are forced to stop at so many points to break them and if you accidentally fly into one, which is very easy with floaty space controls, it messes everything up. I know its probably easy for someone with good gear like the itzal and grattler, but with the starting gear that your kinda stuck with for a while, its virtually impossible.

Rush is the mission where players actually learn to fly.

Did you know that flying with the sprint and zoom both always on guarantees the fastest and safest flight?

If not, then you learn it from Rush where you shoot the mines. You shoot so many mines that at some point you, annoyed, decide to fly the whole thing with zoom on. You discover eventually that this is the proper way of flying archwing! =)

When you become bored of Rush, you can practice some more on JV's last stage where you have to enter the golem's insides. Mastering entering the thing without Amesha's Swarm and without shield restores is very satysfying.

Edit: Itzal and Grattler are like the worst examples you could give. I do Rush with Odonata (Prime) and Imperator (V), that's very close to starting gear :d

Edited by Raniu

5 hours ago, tehninjah said:

; you are forced to stop at so many points to break them and if you accidentally fly into one, 

Are you stopping for every mine?  Cause half of them can be seen from far away when flying straight.  Shoot them while moving forward.  

I noticed many people apparently not noticing them (how??)  and wait until they are very close before braking to shoot them. Only time you really need to brake is when you take a turn around a corner and there is one very close in front of you, otherwise you should never come to full stop.

And for the people who keep recommending Itzal, Amesha, Fluctus, etc...    This is not helpful for new players at all. This mission is very early in the game, by the time new players reach this place they have nowhere near enough the resources to have crafted any of these things yet.  The time it takes to have them takes much longer than just learning to pass the mission on their own with Odonata/Imperator or just getting taxi'd through it.

Don't stop. Ever. You don't have to boost all the time but you must never stop to shoot.

As long as you do that you should arrive with over a minute left on the counter regardless of your equipment, even if you accidentally hit a wall or two on your way there.

Edited by Snib

That's great that you can do this with no mods.... glad you memorized the route and can actually navigate from memory.   And that IS exactly what we all do.   If they randomized this you'd be screwed.   Same with JV.   It's just repeating a known route.    Again, if it were random, pre-amesha, almost none would make it.

Truth is that this is absolutely a trash mission.  Why is DE constantly putting in garbage content.   What's next?   Archwing Spy missions?   If you do get caught in a mine or two or take a wrong turn you're done, period.       In fact, archwing is pure nonsense and rubbish.  The majority find it unbearable.    The flight mechanics are just horrid, especially now that you can get completely turned around with no reset mechanism.    The map is absolutely useless.    Can't find mods even though they're showing on your minimap.  Can't even begin to say that corpus "trench" runs are remotely pleasant.

I really "want" to like archwing but I can't.   And i have played it alot.   I have every weapon and frame maxed and that was before they made affinity manageable.   So don't just say Git Gud.   It's really just horrible for the most of us and if they ever revealed the stats it would show its a rarely played game mode that they could have devoted resources to just making the main game better.    I guarantee no one starts playing warframe for Conclave or Archwing yet they keep on stuffing it down our throats.

So to OP, just keep playing it til you get the routes and mines memorized and get the hang of the horrible flying mechanics.   Eventually you will and it will become second nature.  Wrap your noggin with duct tape while learning to keep your head from exploding in frustration in the meantime.

55 minutes ago, Ranchpig said:

That's great that you can do this with no mods.... glad you memorized the route and can actually navigate from memory.   And that IS exactly what we all do.   If they randomized this you'd be screwed.  

Guess you never actually played a rush mission? The route is randomized. At best you can memorize the individual tiles, but that's hardly necessary.

1 hour ago, Ranchpig said:

That's great that you can do this with no mods.... glad you memorized the route and can actually navigate from memory.   And that IS exactly what we all do.   If they randomized this you'd be screwed.   Same with JV.   It's just repeating a known route.    Again, if it were random, pre-amesha, almost none would make it.

Wow you are grasping at straws looking for excuses to hate this mission. You are completely wrong about memorizing.  The map generation is randomized using tile sets to build the mission map, just like the entirety of Warframe.  Even the length of the mission is random, sometimes it is short and you are given 2 minutes and other times it can be quite long and you are given 3+ minutes.

The Raid missions and Conclave maps would be the only map content in the game that are not randomized.

To be good about AW Rush requires control and fast reaction, nothing more. Aim your cursor where you want to go and turn ahead of time considering the momentum. And shoot mines when you see them, that's it. Which AW gear you are packing is irrelevant.

What I see people doing wrong:

- slow reaction, they hesitate. This costs time.
- they stop to shoot enemies.
- they don't shoot mines, they just fly into them like they didn't see them in time.
- they get lost. Just follow the yellow cursor on the main screen, not on the radar.

4 hours ago, MystMan said:

The Raid missions and Conclave maps would be the only map content in the game that are not randomized.

There's a few more. Most warframe defense and interception maps, archwing interception, infested sabotage, quest maps, and probably some more that didn't come to mind right away. Not that it matters here, Rush is certainly procedurally generated.

Grasping at straws???   Come on, don't be silly and pedantic.   You absolutely DO in fact, 100% memorize tile sets.   I have over 1500 hours into this game and do not try and tell me otherwise.   You may not think you are memorizing it but you are.   Just because they mix up the tiles doesn't mean you do not know how to run them.    Void sabotages are perfect examples.   Once you "know" where caches are you can find them pretty quickly.   Why?  because you've done them a 100 or a 1000 times.    You have in effect, MEMORIZED them. 

And i'm glad you can do the mission... it proves nothing more than you enjoy this repetitious type of play.   Great.  Most people aren't doing it wrong...they just don't WANT to do it because it's total crap mission type.    It's neither fun, nor intuitive, nor challenging, other than learning the routes.    If we could somehow poll the community, i would be vindicated.   10% or so of you love it, that's great.   Same with conclave, but you are not the majority and the fact that DE caters to such a small percentage of players is confounding.   Not only that, they actually push it on us.    Last two events were conclave.   It's the only way they get us to play it.  

First you started with " If they randomized this you'd be screwed." which the game does do with tile sets, it randomizes their connections with each other.
And now you say " You absolutely DO in fact, 100% memorize tile sets.   I have over 1500 hours into this game and do not try and tell me otherwise. "  Soo... you are saying this game only uses tilesets we can all memorize, then why did you even mention the "if it was randomized" part if the context you are using it in does not even exist?

...and after 1500 hours, what exactly prevents you from memorizing these tile sets? Isn't that what all 1000+ hour players will eventually end up doing through muscle memory? We barely even pay much attention to the waypoint marker when we're running on planets anymore, we just know where to go.

The number of ArchWing Corpus tilesets aren't even that many compared to the rest of the game. 

It's odd that you are using memorization as a counter-argument, you are actually making the case for us with it. Memorization of tile sets navigation is how we all got through the game. On foot, in space and underwater.

And the "repetitious type of play" ...?  You just described the whole game. How is this a counter-argument exactly?

So pardon me if I thought you are grasping at straws. :shocked: