Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gorgon Vs Braton

Dexter96

So I have tried almost all the weapons in the game but still I do't know which is better, Gorgon or Braton.

Gorbon has very good damage and a big clip and fire rate but it's useless for long range.

Braton on the onther hand has lower (but still decent) damage, clip size and fire rate and it can do anything(long range, short range etc)

So I'm asking you which do you thing is better:

The bulky and unaccurate gordon that is gonna tear through you enemies?

Or the jack of all trades Braton that can do anything?

P.S:Also what are your thoughts about Boltor and Akbolto?

The braton is a fairly balanced jack of all trades really. As such it's not bad in any setting and probably will shine in generic equips since it performs equally well at range as moping up a spawn around you.

The gorgon on the other hand is just a brutal destructive monster in the area anywhere between short and mid range. It generally isn't as strong long range but it has enough bullets and enough of a damage output to just hose anything at range as well.

Overall I'd say gorgon > Braton but I pesonally prefer the braton's agility.

The braton is a fairly balanced jack of all trades really. As such it's not bad in any setting and probably will shine in generic equips since it performs equally well at range as moping up a spawn around you.

The gorgon on the other hand is just a brutal destructive monster in the area anywhere between short and mid range. It generally isn't as strong long range but it has enough bullets and enough of a damage output to just hose anything at range as well.

Overall I'd say gorgon > Braton but I pesonally prefer the braton's agility.

So how about Boltor and Akbolto.

Are they worth building?

Gorgon is a boss weapon. Short of elites, normal enemies don't last long enough for the weapon to even fully spin up. Ultimately, the Gorgon eats up ammo much more quickly than Braton, as the inconsistant speed often leads to overkill fire.

Gorgon is a boss weapon. Short of elites, normal enemies don't last long enough for the weapon to even fully spin up. Ultimately, the Gorgon eats up ammo much more quickly than Braton, as the inconsistant speed often leads to overkill fire.

Ok then braton it is.

So how about Boltor and akbolto?

Ok then braton it is.

So how about Boltor and akbolto?

Akbolto is a Bolto with a bigger clip. How you much you value that is up to you.

Boltor is supposedly a fully automatic Bolto. I am going to give it a shot and maybe replace the Braton with it, if it's up to snuff. Higher base damage than the Braton and armor ignore is all sorts of good in a full auto package.

The "drop" of Bolto weapons is not really a drop, just a missaligned reticle. The only question is if the slow projectile speed will be tolerable for me. Hopefully I will have less issues with it, since auto weapon's weren't that great at long range to begin with. I will try pairing it up with a Lex.

I'm disliking the Boltor. The bolts just don't go fast enough for me, perhaps some kind of mod that increases the projectile speed should be implemented but only increases it by a small amount, enough so that I'm not always lead shooting targets. I find it annoying.

I'm disliking the Boltor. The bolts just don't go fast enough for me, perhaps some kind of mod that increases the projectile speed should be implemented but only increases it by a small amount, enough so that I'm not always lead shooting targets. I find it annoying.

It's supposed to have to lead. It's the only non hitscan weapon (alongside bolto/akbolto ofc) in the game. Its trade off is better base damage, armor ignore, and a badass death animation (its functional too! Gets corpses out of the way of future shots). Also, almost all shots flinch/stun the target.

It's supposed to have to lead. It's the only non hitscan weapon (alongside bolto/akbolto ofc) in the game. Its trade off is better base damage, armor ignore, and a badass death animation (its functional too! Gets corpses out of the way of future shots). Also, almost all shots flinch/stun the target.

Eh. I know I'm supposed to lead but it's increadibly annoying, not because I'm lazy but because of lag issues joining different hosts. If I'm the host it's very easy to hit a target but entering a hosts match with slight lag becomes quite a pain, entirely depending on amount of lag obviously. That's why I suggested a mod that increases it's projectile speed.

Bought and ranked to 14 the gorgon, the braton and the boltor. Sorry, none of them felt better in my hands than the Burston.

in my opinion:

The gorgon sucks. Low damage, low wind up to full fire rate, very wide arc of fire, eats up ammo like i eat pie.

The boltor is a nice change of style, but the bolt travel time means it makes my mission runs slower on an overall rate. It absolutely sucks at long range, and the fact that it sends enemies flying sometimes causes mods, ammo packs, energy/health orbs to fly away with them to unacessible places.

The braton is really cool. It has good enough damage.. fire doesnt spread too much, still waste some ammo but not much. I'd use it as my primary, but:

The burston kicks &#!. With enough mods to almost double its fire rate the three-shot burst doesn't spread, so it's almost a sniper rifle. It's easy on the ammo consumption, applies elemental damage very quickly because of the burst fire and with enough mods it does kick-&#! damage. So far my best loadout has been Lex for really long range, Burston for mid-close range and Bo for very quick close range panic clean-up.

I'm not saying i'm the ultimate kick-&#! or a master at Warframe.. but for my playstile, this loadout has worked the best. I can really kick &#! with it.

At any rate.. now that i tried the famous "gorgon" and verily disliked it, my next goal is the Hek. Let's see how it compares to my current loadaout, because the Strun is a very close second to the Burston on my choice of primaries. (I take it with me on infected missions instead of the burston).

well obviously Gorgon is a higher ranking weapon than Braton, why would the Braton be the better in terms of fast firing gun?... :o

I don't know where to start. The Gorgon, has so many downsides, they are quite obvious.

Are you sure other weapons are hitscan?

Yupp, 100%.

Bought and ranked to 14 the gorgon, the braton and the boltor. Sorry, none of them felt better in my hands than the Burston.

Put those mods on either of those other rifle, your life will be better. The Burston is, next to the Latron, the weak end of all long guns. Of course, the Boar is the bottom. But, still. The Burston shoots too slow and is too inaccurate to warrant that horrible burst delay. You'll never be able to keep up with any other long gun using the same mods. That does not say that you may not like it. I for one like the concept of a burstfire weapon, too - it just doesn't perform. It's a braced and throttled crutch.

Put those mods on either of those other rifle, your life will be better. The Burston is, next to the Latron, the weak end of all long guns. Of course, the Boar is the bottom. But, still. The Burston shoots too slow and is too inaccurate to warrant that horrible burst delay. You'll never be able to keep up with any other long gun using the same mods. That does not say that you may not like it. I for one like the concept of a burstfire weapon, too - it just doesn't perform. It's a braced and throttled crutch.

Hmm, my experience has been quite the contrary honestly. The braton always felt too underpowered (by the way, i should mention my burston is Rank 20 at the moment, so not that different).

The Gorgon i outright hated, hated with a passion. Felt that the Strun does close range carnage much better than it, and even then i found that i can always rely on my Bo (and Fragor according to other people.. but haven't crafted it yet) for close range carnage.

And the Boltor i liked. I really did.. but i didn't enjoy the whole "pin to the wall" gimmick and the travel rate of the javelins. More often than not everything the target dropped would end up scattered all over.

With the burston i can two/three-shot max most non-elite targets that are the same rank as it with ease, in close-mid-long range doesn't matter. Even the Moas (including the yellow one whose name i forgot.. the one that pounds the ground).

I'll do a quick hop ingame and tell which mods i have attached to it:

'BURSTON' MOD

Rank 13

+24% FIRE RATE

RIFLE MOD

Rank 10

+11.5% DAMAGE

'BURSTON' MOD

Rank 10

+11.5% ELECTRICITY DAMAGE

'BURSTON' MOD

Rank 15

+26.6% FIRE RATE

RIFLE MOD

Rank 9

+10.4% ARMOR PIERCING DAMAGE

if fire rate mods ARE making the Burston more accurate then I could see that really helping it's range problem (too inaccurate with spread at range)

but this is VERY counter-intuitive and doesnt make any sense... if i make the gun fire faster it becomes MORE accurate?

and the biggest draw to the burston is the delay imposed between trigger pulls, yes the 3-round burst fires fast, but the delay between bursts means that I can lay down much more dmg within a short time with either the braton/gorgon/hek

i just recently sold my burston to make room for experimentation with the new boltor, and while yes the new boltor does hit hard, i absolutely HATE the slow projectile speed of the bolts, they travel SOOOOOO slow omfg, I'm pretty sure they are MUCH slower than crossbow bolts IRL (and i would hope that super advanced Tenno tech would fire bolts faster than my 20th century bows/xbows)

I'm not sure, but i think that the fire rate mods for the burston increase both the burst speed and the time it takes to fire another burst. As for the accuracy, it makes sense because what makes the bullets spread is the recoil. If the bullets are leaving the chamber faster then they are dealing with less recoil = more accuracy.

Add to that the damage mod and the AP mod, and this thing slays grineer at pretty much any range. I can easily headshot them from afar.

And it still in rank 20. At rank 30 i've seem around these forums that there are some pretty OP mods for the Burston, like a 99,8% multishot mod.

Edited by ruivoml

I went from a rank 30 braton to a rank zero boltor and felt the boltor was pretty much on par. Built in armor piercing and higher damage is just really nice. It really shreds things now that ive got it leveled up some.

To me the boltor feels like an insanley powerful braton with slower projectiles. If you can compensate for the projectile speed its a straight upgrade.

That said im not sure the boltor is better to use than the akbolto. Now that i think about it, bolt weapons have so much built in to them (high base damage, armor penetration), the extra mod slot of a primary weapon is probably better spent on something else.

Id say that gorgon/akbolto is probably a better combination, but i havn't tried it yet so this is just speculation.

I think its pretty clear however that, provided you can lead, having some sort of bolt weapon is a huge advantage.