Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: make Simaris tell you if the target despawns/dies

AzoreanEve

Today marks another day where the Simaris target just straight up vanished during a mission. I think it would be very helpful for Simaris to have a line telling you that "my sensors can no longer detect the target, there's no reason to keep searching" or something similar.

This is because it is not uncommon for the target to die, disappear, or straight up go out of bounds and commit suicide before you reach it. And you have no clear indication of it because he only tells you the target died if you find it yourself, and kill it. I understand that sometimes the targets walk into lasers and die, get seen and vaporized by sentients (legit happened to me yesterday, kind of funny), or fall in a pit. I don't have issues with that (other than them teleporting out of bounds by themselves).

However, I fail to see the need for the hunters to confusedly search all over the map thinking they are just not looking in the right place and wasting time. The floaty particle effects that point to the target disappear in such situations, so I assume the game is aware that we cannot complete the objective. It would let us know if it was safe to just head to extraction or keep searching.

3 hours ago, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

When the target dies Simaris does tell you "what have you done! Killing goes too far!" And I've never seen it despawn. 

If you read my post in its extent you will see that that only applies when you kill it yourself. After Simaris points out the target.

Edited by AzoreanEve

I've had it get killed by our favourite frame ember with wof (not my frame) hitting it... it died quicker than I could scan it... Wouldn't be so bad if the target was immortal and couldn't die unless it was scanned. 

Having said that I have also seen in spawn in locations (they really need to fix things spawning where we can't get them...) I can't get access to which is even more annoying.

And the floaty particles can sometimes be a pain as they disappear at random times and also seem to go through walls...

On a related /note, could there maybe be some kind of permanent HUD icon if there's a Synthesis target in the mission,
or maybe have Simaris chime in if you're close no matter whether you've got your Scanner out, or ... something?

Because if you spawn later into a mission, you don't get that initial Simaris message,
which makes accidentally / obliviously killing the target an all too common occurrence.

1 hour ago, NinjaZeku said:

Because if you spawn later into a mission, you don't get that initial Simaris message,
which makes accidentally / obliviously killing the target an all too common occurrence.

Oh I had totally forgotten about this. Indeed if we had some permanent symbol, or if everyone got the Simaris message when they spawned, despite doing so in the middle of the mission, there wouldn't be so many accidental kills from team mates.