Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can Tennos Ride Vehicles?

The7thGuardian

Can Tennos really ride Vehicles, or they can't so the devs didn't allow it in the game?

Because I seen tons of maps in the game where there are ships and vehicles which we neither can destroy them nor ride them. If they did, would players call the Tennos "ninjas" because they are riding vehicles? If not, would the game be still awesome, even though you can't ride the vehicles in front of your eyes?

Riding vehicles and using them against enemies is awesome, but could ruin the Ninja's reputation. Maybe fighting in outer space with spaceships would be awesome too.

But even though, in a mission, when you are already seen and they alarmed everyone, it changes the gameplay of Stealth (ninjas) to killing machines (Samurais or Knights). Although stealth is very hard to do, you are still called ninjas. 

Riding Vehicles are one of the popular things you could do in a game. But Ninjas riding vehicles to be killing machines, I would still approve it.

So I got a question for... should Tennos be able to ride Vehicles? Then write your reason.

Depends on the vehicle. I don't care much if we're ninjas, not counting loki, ash a a few others, all other warframe look nothing like ninjas, skills nothing like ninjas and so on.

IMO, ninja is badly used here

No vehicles. Just no.
I can't imagine Tenno riding a tank on crewmen ship... Or flying in space-jets around Grineer Asteroid. It just doesn't fit Warframe universe.
We're here to strike fast, kill who we need to kill and accomplish objective. Tell me, gow riding in armored transporter fits?
Also - maps are not made for riding anything. Small rooms with lots of obstacles... Unless it's a segway, there's no space for vehicles.

If it would be Space missions, like you will have to fly the ship to the "mission" and then choose the point of beginning of the map, and you then exits the vehicle like we see it does now, and you then go complete the objective, goto extraction, enter vehicle Again and fly to a "wormhole" or whatever.

That would be nice, but just useless

One, it wouldn't fit in with the gameplay or the lore at all and should be avoided for those two reasons.

Two, I doubt that the engine that they use to run the game can even handle vehicles that the players can use.

1) It may not fit the game play and there are no maps that it would really work on yet. That could be changed over time.

However, 'wouldn't fit the lore' makes absolutely no sense. Even if we assume that Tenno did not drive vehicles prior to the war, only a really stupid army would not learn if the enemy used vehicles. If the enemy used tanks or space ships to attack Tenno at any time, unless the Tenno can explode said vehicles from the outside using their abilities, they would create their own vehicles or learn to steal and operate the enemy vehicles.

From the lore, I could see them stealing enemy vehicles more than making their own.

2) I could see this, if the game cannot handle it there is little else to say about it.

1) It may not fit the game play and there are no maps that it would really work on yet. That could be changed over time.

This is not going to happen.

Steve already said that vehicle missions ect do not fit the overall theme and that they wont happen.

Maybe enemies in Vehicles for Planet-Side missions (Which I hope happen, I would like to set foot on a Grineer urban city on earth.) as mini bosses but no riding them. Maybe a cool QTE  to disable the heavy shielding so your team can do some damage to the cockpit then once it's open have ash get up there stab the pilot in the neck and yank him out.

Stuff like that could be possible.

I think, in the future, enemy factions (or even allied factions, if they're implemented) using certain vehicles would be interesting. Like if there were a few Grineer dropships in that one hanger tile on the Grineer Asteroid. Or corpus dropships shooting down MOA's on the outside missions. Or if the Grineer has deployable turrets, or certain tilesets allowed for the use of larger vehicles. It'd make sabotage missions more interesting if the mining machines fought back somehow.

However, as for Tenno using vehicles, I have to say no. The Tenno are ninjas, seemingly based on a warrior culture, and focus their efforts and skills in infiltration, assassination, sabotage. They are highly diversified spys, elitely trained, and ill-suited to open warfare. Those of you saying the Tenno use vehicles to get to missions, have you not noticed that that same vehicle both gets them in completely undetected, as well as has sufficient cloaking and stealth systems so that the Grineer and Corpus, despite getting hit regularly by the Tenno, can only say where they definetely arn't? And even then, they're probably wrong, given how embeded into their intel Lotus seems to be.

IF Tenno ever used vehicles they would be stolen. That is what we do, sneak in and sabotage. If stealing the heavy weaponry of a faction and selling it to a third party who will use it against them isn't sabotage I am confused.

That said, the game is not currently at a point that vehicles make sense. Some time from now, probably years, if the game is still around maybe we will see it.

Vehicles like tanks, troop carriers, planes, etc? Hell no.

Personal hoverboard (UT3 style) for traveling through the larger map tiles like hangars, or outside, or using them in normal maps after taking a wrong turn instead of running 17.3 miles to find the battle? I could get on that.

No vehicles. Just no.

I can't imagine Tenno riding a tank on crewmen ship... Or flying in space-jets around Grineer Asteroid. It just doesn't fit Warframe universe.

We're here to strike fast, kill who we need to kill and accomplish objective. Tell me, gow riding in armored transporter fits?

Also - maps are not made for riding anything. Small rooms with lots of obstacles... Unless it's a segway, there's no space for vehicles.

I vote for a new Space Segway-themed Warframe.