The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

petition for classic weapon apperance pack for all weapons that have been changed.

Mak_Gohae

Well to add my two cents

I've only been in this game for a year. Which is not much, but the reskins look quite nice. The bo shouldn't have blades though, as it's an impact weapon.

The new braton skin looks really nice though.

I'd rather use a high tech missile launcher than a box for the ogris.The reload animation sounds and looks fantastic.

I can understand nostalgia, so i think old skins would be a nice choice

14 hours ago, kyori said:

Already I can forsee people want the 'giant charger' look of Phorid when it is being updated in the future.... despite complaining about it now.

The giant charger is poor for a boss, but kinda ok for a random mob. When people wants changes, DE can be smart and actually use old stuff for something.

All those recent reskins are ok, but I'm salty they don't take the time to make something with the old skin. Examples :

Mk1-Burston, with old skin

Napalm Grakata, with old Ignis

Napalm Launcher, with old Torrid

Mk1-Bo will use the old skin too. And since we saw a reskin for Lato and Braton, same here

And as soon as you have X weapon in your inventory, you can use it's skin for the updated version. Wow, we lose nothing :clem:

I would like to keep the old bo style because that weapon was simple but elegant. I don't mind that they update their game assets and add something new and interesting to the game but they need to handle everything in the game as a base stuff. They does changes always and the game should do change always but which worked fine that could not be changed or if they change in this case the aesthetics of a weapon then there needs an option to keep the old skin like how they said about the helminth charger. Also who started the game at the very beginning those could remember how much placeholder stuffs were in this game and how much was a base stuff. They removed the ammo packs, shield refresher, healt pack and the energy packs because those were selfish but they reintroduced them as a team item which is nice but often it is a waste because 4 different player play different ways and use the ammo different tempo. Still there is some old hp restore in the reward table so with this power they could reintroduce the personal ammo pack, shield pack, hp and energy packs because if noone need in a team for example energy, then it is a nice thing you can fill your energy without wasting it for a team whom not needs it.

The old ignis in looks was a copy paste of grakata, but at least was funny. The old ignis with the low damage was a teribble weapon as  in look the old ogris too. There are nice weapons and ugly weapons too but I am sure they never will fix that ugly meditation legg glitch which still exist when you meditate with your warframe. That for example should go because that is ugly and not really pleasure for the eye.

22 hours ago, PrVonTuckIII said:

I don't this for the recent changes, but complete no to the old Ogris and Ignis. Those were ugly AF. And the Ignis was literally a modified Grakata, which made no sense.

the pack will surely be available for single purchases just most have been so far. If you dont want the big box launchers then you dont have to buy them. 

22 hours ago, kyori said:

Already I can forsee people want the 'giant charger' look of Phorid when it is being updated in the future.... despite complaining about it now.

different groups complain about different things. This is an issue in this game, a certain group gets what they want while the others dont. 

But Phorid is a boss so it should look a bit unique. 

On 2/9/2017 at 5:13 PM, NightmareT12 said:

Anyways, I second the idea for the pack. But we have to understand that there's a few implications here, like updating the old Bo model to be longer, give it a better round mesh and PBR'ing it, which was the whole point.

yeah, sure,as long as it keeps the original look. 

On 2/9/2017 at 6:33 PM, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

even though it's considered Retcon to change the appearance of weapons, it's also something that happens during a weapon's production time. you can take a look at the history of just about any firearm ever made and you'll see that rolling changes were made: standardizations, simplifications, aesthetic changes, changes to ergonomics etc. weapons evolve just as much as we do, and years down the line a weapon comes off the production line looking very different to how it would have been if it came out years ago, it's how you can also distinguish an older version of a weapon from a more recent one.

I don't see why this wouldn't be any different far into the future, with rolling changes made weapons in an effort to make them better in some way. weapons change, but war.... war never changes!

while this is true, this doesnt mean that the previous models cease to exist. 

If we are going to go with this idea that means that a new weapons should be available. The Braton T, the Bo T, etc, etc, T for Tenno. 

We are not an army so we wouldn't automatically get the newest models. 

So this should've been optional new models that people can pick from.

On 2/10/2017 at 2:34 AM, fatpig84 said:

I don't mind legacy looks, cos it is for teh lulz

for the fashion, you mean.

On 2/12/2017 at 0:40 PM, Magister_Zel said:

Been playing since the start and I would like old designs back in some form, maybe as just skins.

that's all im asking. Let us have optional looks. 

On 2/9/2017 at 2:00 PM, kyori said:

oh yeah, remember how the forums/reddit were flooded with complaints about new kela not looking like a heavy gunner anymore?

oh right, that NEVER HAPPENED.