Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Endless Reward system overhaul

(PSN)Ozymandias-13-

The A,A,B,C system seems to have become somewhat of a chore with all of the extra grind constantly being added to the game.

A lot of the extra grind has actually discouraged players from staying longer in endless missions (which is sad, because it's my favorite playstyle (because of increasing challenge)).  Most of the time people only want to stay until wave/minute 20, then reset. With a rework to that system it could bring back the life of endless missions by adding to the wave reward chance of rarer items. 

My idea, based on the idea of Relics, is to increase the chance of rare rewards by a certain amount every round after the first Rotation C is completed while decreasing the chance of obtaining "trash" rewards, of course you could adjust the scaling on enemy levels accordingly if needed. Every Rotation C completed could increase the likeliness of Rare Rewards by 10% for example. The increase chance amount could be based on the starting mission level (so people don't only focus on Mercury Survival).

Alternately, along the same lines, increase the enemy rare item drop chance by a percentage every rotation.

Either of these options may encourage players to get more use out of endless missions. I think endless missions can be valuable for the community, whether they currently participate in it much or not, because this game has very limited options that could be considered "End-Game" for high level players. I'm not concerned specifically with having a lot more content for high end players, but at least adjusting endless content to keep active players longer. Raids are generally unavailable to most players, even ones with thousands of hours of in-game time and appropriate loadouts and mods. Sorties are a once-per-day activity that even moderately modded players can complete without much trouble these days. These aren't the best solution to end-game in their current state, so I'm just suggesting trying some alternatives that might work.

Is it? I think the OP means that every time you complete a C rotation, the chance of getting the rare reward from the relics you're using is increased -- not just better rewards from the mission based on time, but also a mild increase in the chance that you'll get, say, Ash Systems instead of a Paris Grip.

One downside is that this would mean burn unwanted relics until you hit 40 minutes, then you use a "good" relic. 

Personally, I don't really have the patience to go much past 20 minutes anyway - I find endless missions really boring (more so than even, say, Earth exterminate), even if they have a chance to drop decent rewards if you hang in there. I just get tired of it, and want to go do something else.

Edited by (XB1)CannyJack

17 minutes ago, (Xbox One)CannyJack said:

Is it? I think the OP means that every time you complete a C rotation, the chance of getting the rare reward from the relics you're using is increased -- not just better rewards from the mission based on time, but also a mild increase in the chance that you'll get, say, Ash Systems instead of a Paris Grip.

One downside is that this would mean burn unwanted relics until you hit 40 minutes, then you use a "good" relic. 

Personally, I don't really have the patience to go much past 20 minutes anyway - I find endless missions really boring (more so than even, say, Earth exterminate), even if they have a chance to drop decent rewards if you hang in there. I just get tired of it, and want to go do something else.

This.

People like different things yes but, if something is not your type you can avoid it and do other stuff for it if it has the option, otherwise i myself rarely stay long in such, maybe 40 minutes or an hour at most.

I on my part hate endless misisons, and as much i depstied the old Prime farming and like the new Relic system, i still can understand peopel who enjoy such, but could we not try to enforce one gameply style to other players, compare it to builds, each player can build different also.