Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Syndicate Standings

Repiru

Question

14 answers to this question

Do your daily for the syndicates until you reach the cap. Then go and play all the syndicate alerts you want. As far as I can tell except the mission standing reward, also the in mission standings you get if you are wearing the right sigil are bonus standings above the daily cap. So always exhaust your syndicate's daily cap and then do the alerts.

15 minutes ago, (PS4)Nek_Food said:

Do your daily for the syndicates until you reach the cap. Then go and play all the syndicate alerts you want. As far as I can tell except the mission standing reward, also the in mission standings you get if you are wearing the right sigil are bonus standings above the daily cap. So always exhaust your syndicate's daily cap and then do the alerts.

There's no reason to use up your daily cap first, you lose nothing by getting that standing during the syndicate missions.

Edit: Actually there is one reason to be careful about your daily cap, and that's if you only want to use it for standing with a single syndicate. Then you should use up your daily cap on that syndicate first (which can also include running missions for that syndicate) before running the missions for other syndicates.

Edited by ChuckMaverick

15 minutes ago, ChuckMaverick said:

There's no reason to use up your daily cap first, you lose nothing by getting that standing during the syndicate missions.

Not sure about that. If you do the syndicate alerts before you exhaust your cap, then the in game standings are removed from your syndicate's daily amount. If you exhaust your daily standings cap first, I think those in game standings are given as an additional bonus standings over the daily capped (unless an recent update changed that, not sure anymore). Not talking about the syndicate reward standings, I am talking about the in game standings you get from the affinity by killing/etc. But you have to wear the right sigil as I already said. Could be wrong, I don't know. Check it if you like and inform us with your findings if you want.

Edited by (PS4)Nek_Food

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Nek_Food said:

Not sure about that. If you do the syndicate alerts before you exhaust your cap, then the in game standings are removed from your syndicate's daily amount. If you exhaust your daily standings cap first, I think those in game standings are given as an additional bonus standings over the daily capped (unless an recent update changed that, not sure anymore). Not talking about the syndicate reward standings, I am talking about the in game standings you get from the affinity by killing/etc. But you have to wear the right sigil as I already said. Could be wrong, I don't know. Check it if you like and inform us with your findings if you want.

The amount of standing that you see on the rewards screen includes both daily standing as well as the mission rewards, but only the daily standing is deducted from your cap.

Sigils give bonuses to both daily standing and mission rewards, for the daily standing it simply means you hit your cap faster (it doesn't allow you to go over the cap), for the mission rewards the sigil gives additional standing.

So it's always a good idea to equip the matching syndicate sigil when running syndicate missions as you'd lose out on standing if you don't.

Edited by ChuckMaverick

15 minutes ago, (PS4)Nek_Food said:

Seems nonsensical to exhaust your daily standing before you run your syndicate missions.

You're running more missions than you need to.

It's not wrong to play that way, but it is less efficient time wise.

12 minutes ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

Seems nonsensical to exhaust your daily standing before you run your syndicate missions.

You're running more missions than you need to.

It's not wrong to play that way, but it is less efficient time wise.

Well, not always nonsencical. Like I'm going to need 2 stealth runs to max out either way. But that's more because it does not actually matter what I do first as it wont be more or less efficient either way.

5 minutes ago, Airwolfen said:

Well, not always nonsencical. Like I'm going to need 2 stealth runs to max out either way. But that's more because it does not actually matter what I do first as it wont be more or less efficient either way.

Nek_Food is suggesting that the OP exhaust their daily allotment of standing before running syndicate missions.  Which doesn't make a lick of sense.  You get six syndicate missions everyday, that's more than enough to hit your daily allotment cap.  If you're running missions specifically for daily standing before running your syndicate missions then you're just wasting time, five to ten minutes wasted per mission depending on the mission type.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

Nek_Food is suggesting that the OP exhaust their daily allotment of standing before running syndicate missions.  Which doesn't make a lick of sense.  You get six syndicate missions everyday, that's more than enough to hit your daily allotment cap.  If you're running missions specifically for daily standing before running your syndicate missions then you're just wasting time, five to ten minutes wasted per mission depending on the mission type.

As I said. it depends on how you do it. Like doing all my missions is unlikely to get me to the point where I only need 1 mission to finish up. So Its 2 stealth runs either way to hit the cap. So to me, personally, it does not matter in what order I do things.

Next to these edge cases though, yes, missions first is more efficient.

Spending your daily cap before doing syndicate alerts is only necessary if you have specific goals in how you want to spread your rep around, if applicable to your playstyle and goals.

Or for example you don't want to earn TOO much in a single mission  if you're already near the syndicate rank limit.   Let's say you need 2000 points more to be able to rank up and you do a syndicate alert that awards you with 1800 while wearing a 15% bonus sigil (reward will be 2070) and still have daily standings left.  During the mission you will kill a lot and gain a total of 3000 standings  (2070 from the reward + 930 from all the kills) . But since you were already at the limit, you will be given only 2000.  That extra 1000 will go to waste, it doesn't carry over.
If you already had used up your daily standings, then your reward would have been only 2070 and only that 70 will go to waste, which is a lot less.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

Nek_Food is suggesting that the OP exhaust their daily allotment of standing before running syndicate missions.  Which doesn't make a lick of sense. 

What Nek is saying used to make sense, but doesn't any more.  In the past in mission gain was added to the mission reward regardless of being at cap and this allowed you to over cap to a greater extent.  When the mission was something like a defense the in mission gain can be quite large.  Doing that with all nine missions added up to a substantial amount of "over cap" and in the right circumstance you basically double you cap plus add the mission rewards.  Numbers like that.

As far as I know this no longer happens.  I'm not exactly sure when it changed and they surely didn't list it in the patch notes.

19 minutes ago, (PS4)Agent_CHAR said:

What Nek is saying used to make sense, but doesn't any more.  In the past in mission gain was added to the mission reward regardless of being at cap and this allowed you to over cap to a greater extent.  When the mission was something like a defense the in mission gain can be quite large.  Doing that with all nine missions added up to a substantial amount of "over cap" and in the right circumstance you basically double you cap plus add the mission rewards.  Numbers like that.

As far as I know this no longer happens.  I'm not exactly sure when it changed and they surely didn't list it in the patch notes.

Standing overages, at any point in time in Warframe's life, is news to me.

To my knowledge it's only ever been daily standing, syndicate bonuses, and medallions. 

With syndicate bonuses and medallions being the only sources of additional standing once you hit your daily cap.

Edited by (PS4)Magician_NG