Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arcturus Syandana - will it be the Sari Syandana 2.0?

issh0man

now of course, i've fallen absolutely in love with this syandana but i am very hesitant to buy it after the sari syandana fiasco.

i'm wondering if there's any plans to make it closed, or if it closes at all, because right now i'm considering buying it because of the perma-open feature it seems to have.

has anyone bought it yet, and if so could you give me some feedback on whether it's perma opened, etc. because i'm ready to buy, but i don't want to be disappointed again haha.

edit: this is not a thread to discuss the sari syandana, i was disappointed with it, end of story. all i'm asking is if the arcturus syandana will be the same where it's advertised as perma opened then switched, thanks.

Edited by issh0man

16 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

Not liking how something looks is not a 'fiasco'.

i'm talking about me as well as many others who were disappointed by it's change and repeatedly reached out to devs about it, which, to me, was a fiasco but that's not what this thread is about. :) i'm asking if the wings on the arcturus syandana will be perma-opened unlike the sari syandana's and if anyone who had bought it already could let me know.

Alright, as someone who has bought both of them, I would observe a couple of things that I feel are worth noting. First, as has already been mentioned, yes, it is permanently open. And in my opinion, there are a few frames that benefit from its appearance. Chroma, for one, as I feel it adds a nice draconic flair. And it doesn't do half-bad on Titania either.

The Sari in my opinion does fit her better however. If you really like the Sari in concept but didn't like that it had a tendency to move one way or the other, then yes, the Arcturus might be worth messing with. As far as I can tell, it does not and will not have any movement apart from the very SLIGHT swaying of the energy "feathers" themselves.

Just now, Ex_Tenebrae said:

Yes, I would tend to agree, the metal is a bit bulky. Depending on the frame, this is manageable. It's definitely a "niche" syandana though.

Yes, I would tend to agree, the metal is a bit bulky. Depending on the frame, this is manageable. It's definitely a "niche" syandana though.

(Yes I suck at forum postings go away. XD)

Edited by Ex_Tenebrae

15 minutes ago, Ex_Tenebrae said:

Alright, as someone who has bought both of them, I would observe a couple of things that I feel are worth noting. First, as has already been mentioned, yes, it is permanently open. And in my opinion, there are a few frames that benefit from its appearance. Chroma, for one, as I feel it adds a nice draconic flair. And it doesn't do half-bad on Titania either.

The Sari in my opinion does fit her better however. If you really like the Sari in concept but didn't like that it had a tendency to move one way or the other, then yes, the Arcturus might be worth messing with. As far as I can tell, it does not and will not have any movement apart from the very SLIGHT swaying of the energy "feathers" themselves.

ahhh thank you! i tried looking at it on my valkyr prime + the riv-elite guards and it looks rather lovely. i was just worried about it getting 'fixed' and closing but only opening on bulletjump, etc.. i'll think about buying it. : ) thanks friend.

On 2/15/2017 at 8:21 PM, issh0man said:

ahhh thank you! i tried looking at it on my valkyr prime + the riv-elite guards and it looks rather lovely. i was just worried about it getting 'fixed' and closing but only opening on bulletjump, etc.. i'll think about buying it. : ) thanks friend.

For sure! I'd be surprised if they changed it, and if they DID change it you'd have a strong case for getting a retro "fix". Only situation in which I hope they DO adjust it is that on Titania, when she's a Pixey, it does look smaller than normal and doesn't have any animation. Then again, a lot of ornamental stuff tends to be problematic on her in Pixey mode, just like with Archwing.