Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please add an option to toggle off hit indicator

SonicSonedit

I find this option annoying rather than helpfull: I know where I'm shooting and I know that I hit target by both floating damage numbers and target's healthbar indication. On other hand, constant flashing in the center of screen, especially with high ROF weapons, is distracting and makes eyes hurt after a while.

2 minutes ago, mobilehacker said:

Im pretty ok with those hit indicators, why would you want toggleable?

Probably because OP is not okay with hit indicators as he explained.  His sensitivitity to screen flashes is probably higher than yours.

To be honest, I just ignore the indicator altogether.  Especially with high rof weapons,  I aim, I shoot, it dies eventually.  It is nice to see confirmation sometimes that 'hey cool I hit its head' or whatever, but it isn't something that I focus on.

56 minutes ago, SonicSonedit said:

On other hand, constant flashing in the center of screen, especially with high ROF weapons, is distracting and makes eyes hurt after a while.

It is a new feature and with all new features is something you need to adjust your playstyle around, because it may be a while if they decide to add a toggle function.  You may find if you focus on ignoring it that it will eventually blend into the combat noise and you won't notice it as much.

53 minutes ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

I can say it's very helpful as a statistic to see how accurate I really am vs how accurate I think I am. After all, most weapons don't have 100.0 accuracy.

yeah... about that. the damn thing flashes nonstop when you use an ability like vaubans vortex unless everything in it, and around it is dead. and i say around it since its just gonna suck in more, doing more dmg, making it flash more

Disclaimer: as an Xbox player, I obviously don't have this in play yet. I can definitely see it being turned off for abilities (I don't want the reticle to flash constantly due to some power stuff happening somewhere else). On the other hand, watching some video of it, I think it's not bad, but unnecessary: it gets lost in the pile of other visual garbage that flies all over the place when you shoot enemies (numbers, blood, sparks, etc.) -- watching a video of someone using autofire weapons, there was so much other stuff I couldn't actually see the hitmarker anyway

So for me, I don't see it as bad looking or visually distracting...I just see it as wasted processor cycles. 

8 hours ago, SonicSonedit said:

I thought new UI features should be there to increase our QOL, instead of being tolerated?

Yes but one player's QoL is another's irritation.  Unfortunately they cannot gauge how everyone will react to a new feature.  I cannot imagine they'd have put it in if they didn't believe it wouldn't improve someone's experience though.

I support the suggestion for a toggle, I just don't have high hopes of it being acknowledged that one is needed any time soon and adding it.  It will require much more feedback by many more people.

You could always try your luck and tweet your frustrations in steve's general direction and see if you get a response.