Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ultimate Nyx Build?

Mabitude

Question

Allright, so I´m looking for a "ultimate" Nyx build, at least something that offer both more survivality and CC. I´ve usually used a specific build that looks like this:

Energy Siphon

Overextended, Stretch

Fleeting Expertise, Streamline (R2)

Intensify

Vitality, Redirection

Continuity

Its a modified Chaos & Absorb build, intended for carrying the team to success, but also having control of the battle and able to shoot down enemies without risking yourself. Works well in defense as well.

So yeah, why do I ask for a better build when I already have one? Well, the thing is, with the changes to Chaos and other stuff that was done to Nyx, plus the recent high level content... I mean, I´ve been no one that go around doing T4 void when that system yet was available. Max level 40 was my areas. But now it kinda requires me to handle higher level content. That is, content as Sorties, level 80-100. This build is not capable of surviving that high.

I´ve tried various builds on my own and used augments such as Chaos Sphere and Assimilate. My opinions on those is that Chaos Sphere is not worth using, because how much range and how much duration I´ll ever add, it just sinks too quickly when there yet is 20+ seconds left. Maybe I am doing it wrong, I dont know, but after many tries on a low level defense, regular Chaos seems just better. For Assimilate, I suppose its great to stay in Absorb but what happens when your energy is out? Hmm, at high level content that would mean instant death. I dont know if theres any other possible uses for it other than staying invicible though. The rest of the augments I haven´t really found any particular use for.

There are so many different Nyx builds all over the Internet, but a lot of them are old. I´d want something that kinda keeps my Nyx to how it used to be. It doesn´t have to be a Chaos & Absorb build though, although that maybe is the best option for high level content, or?

Nyx is a frame that I´ve mained for a year now, so I´m particularly familiar with it, but miss the understanding of how to build her. Well, except this build then that I made up and actually made me part of a half-tank, before they changed her of course. I was a good carry in the team.

Oh and, if you wonder why I have so little power strength on my current build if its for an Absorb build? Well, thing is. It actually worked, despite negative power strength. I ran into hoards of enemies and spammed Absorb to kill them or stun them momentarily, making it easy for the rest of the team mates finish them off. That was actually quite effective.

So yeah... I know its going to be hard for you guys to know exactly what my preferences are, but just show me your best builds and I´ll try them out.

7 answers to this question

Assimilate build is very different from chaos build.  

Chaos Nyx needs max range, low duration, plus efficiency and ignores strength.  You are correct that Chaos Sphere is worthless.  It's better to make Chaos recastable with low duration than to build for high duration.  

Take your build above, swap out Intensify for something more useful (I personally use Vigor) add a forma and put Cunning Drift in the Exilus Slot and you'll have a good all around Chaos build.

For raids or situations where you want to be constantly spamming Chaos for the stun effect, swap out Continuity for Transient Fortitude and Natural Talent for Vigor and you can spam Chaos every 4 seconds.

13 hours ago, (Xbox One)ThermalStone said:

Assimilate build is very different from chaos build.  

Chaos Nyx needs max range, low duration, plus efficiency and ignores strength.  You are correct that Chaos Sphere is worthless.  It's better to make Chaos recastable with low duration than to build for high duration.  

Take your build above, swap out Intensify for something more useful (I personally use Vigor) add a forma and put Cunning Drift in the Exilus Slot and you'll have a good all around Chaos build.

For raids or situations where you want to be constantly spamming Chaos for the stun effect, swap out Continuity for Transient Fortitude and Natural Talent for Vigor and you can spam Chaos every 4 seconds.

Thanks, this looks helpful