Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scammed !

Kenn3th

Question

so i have just been scammed bu this guy called "-removed name-" on PC. He seemed like a really cool guy and he really wanted this ember prime bp so we came up with a deal "Frost Prime set and Loki prime set" for the ember prime bp. At the end i ended up accepting the deal and we trade, ember p bp for the loki set and the frost bp  BUT obviously he ended up scamming me only giving me the loki set and frost bp ( he did have both sets, he had showed me). Even though i didn't lose much but he still is a scammer so i hope DE can help. (i am not asking for my stuff back but it would be nice ;) ). If you have ever got scammed tell me your story and we really need to stop these guys DE xD

After i got scammed i started to talk about it and they said you might help and everything is gonna go ok  so i hope you really can :P 

Edited by Saske
Content Moderated: Removed Name

Yeah this can happen. I've seen it happen. But luckily I've been smart enough to not let it happen to me. There are some real scum out there, but anonymity and the ability to ignore people adds for an easy way to scam people out of their hard earned plat. This has made a stigma that I love turning on its head.

I'm one of the nice guys. But I'm still a bad guy (depending on how you view the trading market). I rarely farm for prime parts. My friends do that work. In turn I spend time in trade chat. I enjoy it. I'm good at it. And my friends can't stand dealing with it. So I often have a surplus of good to sell. I can make roughly 2k plat an hour of I'm diligent. I buy stuff that my friends need. I buy stuff that I need. But even then I often have a surplus of plat I don't need. But rather than horde it I'll do a giveaway. A market giveaway to be exact. Sometimes it'll be a frame. A weapon or a random whatever.

Its kind of sad though. Whenever i do these giveaways I always get these responses, "Liar. Idiot. Scammer."

Doing these sort of trades should only be when you know the other party involved.    If doing with ones you don't know, put up a junk mod or prime while they put up all the lesser value parts of the trade.   In this case all the parts of the Frost P minus BP.   Then in the second trade have them put up loki and the frost bp for your Ember.   Minimal risk for both parties.   And if one bails, they can still be reported.

Sadly, dealing with scumbags is part of it.    Wonder if enough proof was given if a player did something like this, could then be prosecuted based on the value of the theft.   Platinum does have real world money implications.

Send a support ticket, read the reply that it is all your fault because you accepted it, have the honor to play a pug with the scammer because after all it seems that you are actually worse than him and he will be free to keep doing his things.

Well at least this is my experience.

If anything... why not trade it peice by piece... ie ... your ember bp for loki and and frost..; then ember helm for loki and frost helm. ember systems for loki and frost systems, then ember chassis for loki and frost chassis.   ... sucks man. But it could have easily been avoided

DE should really make more slots in trading window to eliminate negative experience like OP had.There are sets that have more than 5 parts(like akstilleto prime) and situations like OP described,trading one valuable thing for multiple items.

This can be exploited I know but what if we could put more than 5 parts with every 5 parts (slots used) counting as 1 trade(6 parts - two trades) and that number of trades is removed from our daily number of trades.This way it wouldn't be any different from what we have now only it would be less opened to scams and more convenient.

As others have stated, send a support ticket to DE and hope you can resolve the entire issue with them. And not to be mean, but let it be a lesson that you should never trade in seperate trade sessions. I never trade stuff in 2 seperate trades because toxic players will scam 80% of the time. You can never be too careful.

Good luck and I hope this gets resolved for you soon! 

Edited by Squareo

You removed the incentive, which means he no longer had a reason to complete the deal. In the future when you have a trade like that give 1/2 (50%) equivalence of the value of the first blueprints given to you.

Then in the second trade you put in the ember blueprint and the person refunds you the plat from the first trade plus the missing pieces - as per the original deal agreed on.

On 2/19/2017 at 4:32 PM, Kenneth2003 said:

can you tell me how to send a ticket as well ?

unless you have a screenshot of the chat where he agreedd to what the trade was, you have no leg to stand on. DE has expressly said all trades are final. The trade window is set up for just that. DE does not enforce any trades for additional items outside of a single trading session. You won't get anywhere with a ticket as far as I know becuase you can't prove that you didn't agree to this trade.