Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban: survivability in sorties

GennaPetrovich

Question

Hi, i started doing sortie missions recently as nidus and it is kinda hard to survive even with maxed steel fiber+armored agility + vitality. I kinda want to use vauban in sorties because his build is the most complete out all of my frames but his shields health and armor are kinda meh. To install vitality and shield mods i have to sacrifice attack mods. Is good idea to use vitality and redirection in sorties or it won't help much and better tactics is to jump and slide like crazy flea?

or is it just a bad idea to use vauban on sorties?

Edited by GennaPetrovich

6 answers to this question

If you're having trouble surviving in Sorties then the problem is with yourself, more often than not. One shots are real, yeah, and sometimes a Toxic Ancient will touch your butt and knock you down because ~RNG~, so keep that in mind and don't be too harsh on yourself.

You'll need to play more aggressively. In Vauban's case, liberal application of the appropriate CC types (Bastille all over the place, Vortex in choke points, various grenades, etc) will keep you alive. Always keep some form of survivability mod(s) on (generally health due to toxin/slash procs).

3 hours ago, GennaPetrovich said:

Hi, i started doing sortie missions recently as nidus and it is kinda hard to survive even with maxed steel fiber+armored agility + vitality. I kinda want to use vauban in sorties because his build is the most complete out all of my frames but his shields health and armor are kinda meh. To install vitality and shield mods i have to sacrifice attack mods. Is good idea to use vitality and redirection in sorties or it won't help much and better tactics is to jump and slide like crazy flea?

or is it just a bad idea to use vauban on sorties?

Hey, I'm in the same conundrum: You can try either Vitality (lots of health), Vigor(decent extra health and extra shields) or Quick Thinking (he has a rather large energy pool with Primed Flow). I tried redirection for a bit but quickly realized that the slash and toxin procs make quick work of you. I'm beginning to either settle for Vitality combined with a Syndicate heal proc (detailed below) or Quick Thinking in conjunction with Primed Flow and Zenurik with a maxed Energy Overflow passive.

Secondly, run with a syndicate weapon that has a heal proc. If you are MR4-5, run with a Scattered Justice Hek. MR6-12, run with the same or a Vaykor Marelok. If above 12, you have more options for a syndicate primary that heals you. Sancti Tigris, Scattered Justice Hek, Vaykor Hek and Burston Prime(Gilded Truth) come to mind. I spent a good deal of today testing my Vauban with a bunch of syndicate procs, I find that there is not much difference as long as they are heal effects (Steel Meridian, Arbiters and Loka) and you're killing things, i.e. the proc is going off frequently enough.  

Thirdly, as everyone else pointed out, use your mobility to avoid fire.

Now, as pointed out by taiiat: CC the absolute crap out of everything that you see even trying to move. Remember that Vauban has his 2, i.e. Shred Grenades that can ragdoll and Concussion Grenades that can rad proc large groups of enemies to take the heat off of you.

Does that help?

EDIT: Others who have posted here, please feel free to critique my post, as I am learning as well. I'm in love with Vauban's suppressor skin so I really wanna learn how best to use him and be super effective.

Edited by Legion216
Added more detail.

Fortunately\unfortunately the best way to survive as most warframes is just to vigorously move around while blowing enemies away with a strong weapon. If you aren't quite at the level where you can manipulate gravity like some people maybe try a tank frame while you get use to it. Inaros is a good pick since he's hard to kill plus has lots of cc. If not still vaubans cc should hold up in most unlimited/kill sorties