Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bug report - Orokin treasure room bugged

ToaSirian

3 minutes ago, ToaSirian said:

Yes it is, its supposed to lift your warframe up, you fall down afterwards to get to the door.

You are using an ability that is meant to block status effects of all kinds affecting your Warframe, and that's what it does. Working as intended. Nezha is not the only frame with such abilities and it works the same on all of them, because that's what they are there for.

1 minute ago, ToaSirian said:

This should not include environmental things that have to take effect for you to succeed a mission. 

• Nobody forces you to use that ability. That's like bringing Titania and then complaining that you're not dropping down again if you have her 4 active.
  • You can easily succeed the mission without that, your frame has an ability to teleport and every frame can parkour up that funnel.

On 20/02/2017 at 8:45 AM, Snib said:
  • Nobody forces you to use that ability. That's like bringing Titania and then complaining that you're not dropping down again if you have her 4 active.
  • You can easily succeed the mission without that, your frame has an ability to teleport and every frame can parkour up that funnel.

Let me know when you can disable Warding Halo by tapping 3, just as you can disable Razorwing by tapping 4. False comparison.

On 2/20/2017 at 4:36 PM, Snib said:

You are using an ability that is meant to block status effects of all kinds affecting your Warframe, and that's what it does. Working as intended. Nezha is not the only frame with such abilities and it works the same on all of them, because that's what they are there for.

Except that isn't a status effect, its an environmental asset. I've never had that issue with any ability that blocks procs stopping me from being effected by such things. So I'd say yeah, it not working with Nezha's abilities is a bug.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

2 minutes ago, StinkyPygmy said:

Except that isn't a status effect, its an environmental asset. I've never had that issue with any ability that blocks procs stopping me from being effected by such things. So I'd say yeah, it not working with Nezha's abilities is a bug.

And yet it works that way for all those abilities, e.g. a Rhino under Iron Skin will stand his ground just the same. Look, we've got this discussion here every other week, I'm not really interested in going back and forth on this over and over again, maybe ask Steve on twitter or something for an official response?

20 minutes ago, Snib said:

And yet it works that way for all those abilities, e.g. a Rhino under Iron Skin will stand his ground just the same. Look, we've got this discussion here every other week, I'm not really interested in going back and forth on this over and over again, maybe ask Steve on twitter or something for an official response?

Thats weird because last time I did that with a iron skin active it worked just fine...

Also, I've never seen this brought up on the forums before, I think "every other week" is a slight exaggeration. Either way, bug, oversight, whatever you want to call it, its hardly unreasonable to ask that it work for abilities that cannot be toggled, especially considering there is no reason for environmental assets like that to be blocked by said abilities as they are NOT status procs and it really only serves to cause frustration and generally makes no sense. Its just not practical.

Why are you so resistant to the idea that it be changed? We aren't talking something that actually has huge implications throughout the rest of the game? Its literally a case of "Hey, this makes no sense and it occasionally screws people out of completing ayatan runs and loot rooms. plz fix/change". I'm just not really understanding why this is such a sensitive issue.

Just now, StinkyPygmy said:

Why are you so resistant to the idea that it be changed? We aren't talking something that actually has huge implications throughout the rest of the game? Its literally a case of "Hey, this makes no sense and it occasionally screws people out of completing ayatan runs and loot rooms. plz fix/change". I'm just not really understanding why this is such a sensitive issue.

I didn't actually comment on whether it should be changed or not, just that it's not a bug in its present state.

I am however indeed against changing it because I quite like those abilities making me immune to environmental effects, for me it's a major reason to use them. I agree that in the specific case of that one mission there's not really a downside to changing it but I also understand that the mechanics would not just be changed for a single mission but for the entire game, and in that context I would consider it a heavy nerf to those abilities for no good reason.

Just now, Snib said:

I didn't actually comment on whether it should be changed or not, just that it's not a bug in its present state.

I am however indeed against changing it because I quite like those abilities making me immune to environmental effects, for me it's a major reason to use them. I agree that in the specific case of that one mission there's not really a downside to changing it but I also understand that the mechanics would not just be changed for a single mission but for the entire game, and in that context I would consider it a heavy nerf to those abilities for no good reason.

What other environmental effects are there that aren't intended to be harmful? I can't think of any aside from things like water elevators on earth, lua and some massive air vents in derelicts and Heks boss area. How would it be a nerf. I'm serious. In what way is fixing a wonky and illogical interaction (That I'm 90% sure is unintentional) a nerf to abilities whose purpose is to block/reduce harmful affects like damage, knockdowns and status procs? Especially considering its inconsistency. Last time I tried it didn't always effect things like water shoots and fancy void elevators. That inconsistency seems like somethings broken.

You can very easily avoid all of those "hazards" if you want nothing to do with them, however its much harder for people using abilities that cannot be toggled. They get randomly punished for running duration builds or for activating the ability a few tiles away from the lift etc. I'm really not sure what you are getting at. Its a no brainer.

Abilities X,Y & Z are functioning inconsistently with specific environmental factors. Changing said interaction causes no harm, and makes said abilities not counter productive for no reason. Ergo: Fix good.

If thats not good enough (for what ever reason) I'm sure people would meet you half way, Simply fix it for essential things like treasure room lifts. Theres no reason why you would not want to go into said lifts when its the fastest (and in most cases only) path to reaching the end on time.

5 minutes ago, StinkyPygmy said:

You can very easily avoid all of those "hazards" if you want nothing to do with them, however its much harder for people using abilities that cannot be toggled.

I have nothing against making those abilities a toggle actually. Probably won't happen for a number of reasons but would be nice.