Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

MR 8 Test Help.

SkeinsOfFitzsimmons

Question

Good afternoon.

I'm ready for the MR7 -> MR8 test. It's the one where you must shoot red orbs, to reveal platforms, in order to continue.

Besides practicing in the relay, does anyone have any pointers? An automatic pistol? Jump advice? 

Being colorblind is hard enough, but I had it with how condescending Lotus is when you fail.

Thank you.

14 answers to this question

It took me 7 tries to pass this test. 

Main thing that worked for me; don't Bullet Jump on the first two platforms, they're close together and too short for that to work.  For the last part, where you have to take a leap of faith to shoot the orb, use aim glide (RMB)

IIRC, the orbs can be destroyed in one shot regardless of a weapon's power, so I would recommend an assault rifle such as the Braton or Karak, since their large magazines would make reloading less of an issue.

Make use of Bullet Jumps and Aim Glide. If need be, equip mods to extend the duration of your Aim Glide to help give you a little more time to locate the next orb/platform.

Bear in mind you can also practice the test as much as you need in Cephalon Simaris' room on any of the relays.

14 minutes ago, (PS4)CaseFace8 said:

You should shoot as many orbs as you can before moving. And as others have said something fast firing is better, as it makes precise aiming less of a requirement.

Orbs are invuln until you get close to them, sometimes they don't spaw until the new platform has spawned. 

33 minutes ago, Noamuth said:

Orbs are invuln until you get close to them, sometimes they don't spaw until the new platform has spawned. 

Sorry about that, there is a later test where you can see more than one and there is a time limit. I just refreshed my memory on this one. Hopefully I can give some better advice this time.

Your weapon doesn't really matter as speed isn't a factor, so whatever you are comfortable with.

Anytime there is a parkour element I always practice in the relay until I can complete it comfortably a few times in a row. Use aim glide to help with landing on the platforms as it slows you down and save your second jump until you need it, that will help if you are a little off.

Thank you all, for your guidance in my madness.

I find it interesting, in how a timer messes up my groove. While playing a mission, I'm bounding through like a kangaroo. Throw me into a timed MR test, and I become as agile as a limbless panda. 

I've practiced in the relay, until my fingers went numb. My problem, so it would seem, are the three platforms on top of the wall. It's the middle one, that's being a jerk. It seems to be just at the right spot to troll you. I gave up on practicing, as I thought failing every 24 hours was fine by me.

In the qualifier, you have three tries. That middle platform at the top, trolled me out of two. On third/last try, I was cursing and spitting balefire. I asked Fitzsimmons, the star-crossed lovers, to have mercy on my worthless hide and kick it over to the last platform ... They happily agreed.

Well.

Stunned and with my heart pounding in my throat, I broke out laughing and fell off my chair. 

Edited by SkeinsOfFitzsimmons
corrections

i did not read all the reactions but here's how i did it.

Farmed for nova

Practiced and tested skipping platforms and using her 3 to skip like half of it. then turned around shot the orbs and continued. got to the finish with like 25 seconds left

Once you're at the part where you go up in to the building its pretty easy

OP already completed this, but - there's a kinda similar test later, with time limit, and with a lot more complicated course (including a maze).

I suggest Boar (or Strun) - shotgun with OK or fast fire speed and a good mag size (put on a mod for more mag size) will help a lot, minimizing the time you need to spend on aiming and reloading. Loki helps, because he's quicker than others - add in mods to aid with speed and you're good to go, although the parkour test(s) can be completed easily with any frame, as long as you can handle bullet jumps, aim glides, and rolls.