Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fix Mios & Lacera

(PSN)Akuma_Asura_

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Akuma_Asura_ said:

It has way to much range & many PS4 players have been abusing this . 

Abusing or Utilizing?  You need to provide a bit more detail to support the abuse theory other than "they use it, therefore, abuse"

7 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

Abusing or Utilizing?  You need to provide a bit more detail to support the abuse theory other than "they use it, therefore, abuse"

Abusing . I'll be 20m away and still die maybe you're one of them. Before you know it it's gonna be everyone using a blade and whip in conclave . Destiny all over again

Edited by (PS4)Akuma_Asura_

1 minute ago, (PS4)Akuma_Asura_ said:

Abusing . I'll be 20m away and still die maybe you're one of them 

From a slide attack?  Air attack? Crouching?  just standing around swinging the weapon?  You are still not providing any information or, dare I say it, feedback.  You are saying "this broke, pls fix" which is saying nothing at all.

Also, yea sure, why not, I'm one of them, even though I'm on PC, and don't play conclave at all unless there's an event.  Just trying to help you out, but if you wish to insult and ignore my suggestions then this so called abuse will never get resolved.

Enjoy dying.  Take care.

I imagine the primary point of concern is Tainted Hydra's pause combo, Heart of the Naga.
Heart of the Naga's pause attack has decent range and deals several instances of considerable damage. It can also inflict knockdown.

That being said, I don't consider Heart of the Naga to be overpowered.
Being a pause combo, Heart of the Naga is easy to avoid (for the attentive player), and unlike many other melee combos, it does not provide significant mobility.
If there is a problem, it is that Heart of the Naga's raw power is not well telegraphed, so inexperienced players might not recognize the impending danger.

Biggest problem IMO is the way that it flips your character all over, making you nearly impossible to hit. The weapon itself is typical, maybe a little above average, but the animations it has are just terrible. Wish I had a gif of trying to hit it, maybe someone else around here does.

The basic combo is a suicidie due to it's animation lock. Pause combo can kill anyone caught, but the first swing is very noticeable, it does have about 6-8m range with about 3m verticality, but makes up for that by having no radius at all, it's a straight line attack, dodging either side is well enough to avoid it, the "death zone" (where the combo actually oneshos you) is about 4m in front of the user... also known as the same death zone of most pause combos that can also oneshot. The RMB combo is rarely worth using due to not covering much ground or using a long range whip attack.

SwordWhips aren't really inherently more powerful than any other melee weapon, except for the weakest melee weapons.

43 minutes ago, Phasedragon said:

Biggest problem IMO is the way that it flips your character all over, making you nearly impossible to hit. The weapon itself is typical, maybe a little above average, but the animations it has are just terrible. Wish I had a gif of trying to hit it, maybe someone else around here does.

The spinning player mid pause combo has the same hitbox as when you are bulletjumping, only faster animation. Quick trick to gun down someone mid pause combo? aim for where the sword whip is/would be, since it's placed right in front of the user. It's a neon sign of shoot me xD

17 hours ago, (Xbox One)CFE Discord said:

Lacera/Mios are not as powerful as some people here make them out to be. Their range is high but from what I've experienced, it can't directly vertical. Just bulletjump straight up and aimglide so you can safely shoot it from above. Or you could just maneuver away from it normally because it isn't very fast either.

all well and good saying that however the combos from the weapon make its user basically unhitable because of the combo animations

36 minutes ago, (PS4)Akuma_Asura_ said:

Ahh it's you snipertron guy , I have a bone to pick with you lol

get in line :P also im making snipers into a meta forcing de to nerf them because the only other weapon that can even come close to countering is another sniper or a daikyu

Edited by (PS4)Xx-Ribbium-xX

38 minutes ago, (PS4)Xx-Ribbium-xX said:

get in line :P also im making snipers into a meta forcing de to nerf them because the only other weapon that can even come close to countering is another sniper or a daikyu

im not a pvp lover but why would you want snipers and to some extent bows to be weakened in it? Unlike pve snipers/bows SHOULD be hard hitters in pvp as they require the most skill to use dont they? People complain snipers in pve isnt all that great unless you come in with a very specific build and or frame to make it work. Side note....probably...with all the bullet jumping hitting someone with a bow or sniper i imagine would feel exihilirating since its close to near impossible?(i repeat i dont pvp outside the previous events so i dont know)

4 minutes ago, Omnipower said:

im not a pvp lover but why would you want snipers and to some extent bows to be weakened in it? Unlike pve snipers/bows SHOULD be hard hitters in pvp as they require the most skill to use dont they? People complain snipers in pve isnt all that great unless you come in with a very specific build and or frame to make it work. Side note....probably...with all the bullet jumping hitting someone with a bow or sniper i imagine would feel exihilirating since its close to near impossible?(i repeat i dont pvp outside the previous events so i dont know)

the problem is that snipers 2 shot, are hitscan, fire the two shots before the target can react and with that have the capability to outgun every weapon apart from other snipers or a daikyu. i dont want a direct damage nerf but instead cap the damage snipers can do up close at 30 and only allow their true damage if they're over 60-80m away 

14 minutes ago, (PS4)Xx-Ribbium-xX said:

the problem is that snipers 2 shot, are hitscan, fire the two shots before the target can react and with that have the capability to outgun every weapon apart from other snipers or a daikyu. i dont want a direct damage nerf but instead cap the damage snipers can do up close at 30 and only allow their true damage if they're over 60-80m away 

Ahh the dreaded hitscan bad for pvp but very useful for pve XD

But i see your point now, thought most weapons atleast the ones that are/should be capable of one shots or 2 shots in this case XD, got their hitscans removed.

Edited by Omnipower

2 hours ago, (PS4)Xx-Ribbium-xX said:

I agree on this... but that 60-80 reduce it to 30 or above for max damage, but capped damage at 15 or less.

This topic again

Next time, please provide more feedback in the desired topic in order to people to get a better grasp of what you are trying to inform them about.

Now onto the topic

In consoles, people tend to move less because its harder to aim with controllers so you will see more people abuse melee because of this. While I do agree that the Mios needs some kind of tweaking, I would propose nothing too extravagant so here are my ideas:

1. Move the knockdown effect at the last hit of the combo so that people do not directly fall into a meat grinder. By doing this, people will not get instagibbed the moment they are in range and allow some time to react but it also allows the user to land the next attack more easily while the receiver is more vulnerable to the unrealible finisher.

Or:

2. Change the combo to a double input then the pause input like the Nikana or the S&S ones. This too allows a person more time to react and will be harder to someone abuse this combo.

Edited by (PS4)TheKiller9805