Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

account restricted??

AUTKenny

Question

my account was restricted for negative platinum balance and on the website it shows I have -479p when i had 171p 4 hours ago when I logged out. I never purchased plat so chargeback or anything like that cannot be the reson either. Right now I'm freaking out because I simply canniot explain how this is possible. Did someone hack my account and spend more plat than I had??? help

11 answers to this question

Have you traded with someone recently and then brought something after that with platinum?

If you did, that person could have done a charge-back which causes the system to remove the plat from them and anyone they traded it too, I believe. Which would lead you to have a negative platinum balance and the system would detect it and auto-ban you.

No one on the forums can help you with this issue, you need to contact DE's support team: http://support.warframe.com/

Just now, maj.death said:

Because it totaly isnt getting abused right now. 

No, it isn't, because by contacting support this issue can be fixed up quickly and it isn't nearly as badly abused as it can be without this system in place. The type of abuse that not removing the plat would cause is; Person gets a dummy account, buys plat on it, trades with main account, charges back the plat purchase, then gets the now-worthless account banned and the robs DE blind. This system is the only effective way to prevent that kind of abuse.

1 minute ago, NeithanDiniem said:

No, it isn't, because by contacting support this issue can be fixed up quickly and it isn't nearly as badly abused as it can be without this system in place. The type of abuse that not removing the plat would cause is; Person gets a dummy account, buys plat on it, trades with main account, charges back the plat purchase, then gets the now-worthless account banned and the robs DE blind. This system is the only effective way to prevent that kind of abuse.

Ohhh.. right.  Keep forgetting alt accounts are a thing. Explanation appreciated. 

Edited by maj.death

20 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

I've always wondered about that. Does the account with the charge back actually get banned for negative plat if all they did was trade it to other players? If it's only removing the the chargeback plat then the account sees no change except for the items they traded for while those they traded with suffer loss of the plat and the item.

On the otherhand if there are extra consequences for the initial account it goes right back to scammers utilizing alt accounts, transferring the plat to their main account then trading it for items before chargeback or perhaps it gets worse with some kinda multi alt account laundering where they end up on accounts where they just sit on the items for a time (or trade it for someone else's plat) and if nothing happens to that account they give the items/plat to their main account.

Then there's gifts. I remember reading one post about someone complaining they got banned when all they did was accept market gifts from someone suspected of handing out free gifts using scamplat (negative plat as if they bought the item then chargedback themselves), which infers that such a practice can be used as a trolling tool.

This has left me paranoid about trading. With the obvious avoiding of trading high plat value junk to low mastery rank players, especially if they want to overpay, I only do trading sessions about once a month then sit there and watch if my plat total changes over the next month, while also being paranoid about any gifts I receive randomly from people I don't know...

14 minutes ago, TrinityPrime said:

I've always wondered about that. Does the account with the charge back actually get banned for negative plat if all they did was trade it to other players? If it's only removing the the chargeback plat then the account sees no change except for the items they traded for while those they traded with suffer loss of the plat and the item.

On the otherhand if there are extra consequences for the initial account it goes right back to scammers utilizing alt accounts, transferring the plat to their main account then trading it for items before chargeback or perhaps it gets worse with some kinda multi alt account laundering where they end up on accounts where they just sit on the items for a time (or trade it for someone else's plat) and if nothing happens to that account they give the items/plat to their main account.

Then there's gifts. I remember reading one post about someone complaining they got banned when all they did was accept market gifts from someone suspected of handing out free gifts using scamplat (negative plat as if they bought the item then chargedback themselves), which infers that such a practice can be used as a trolling tool.

This has left me paranoid about trading. With the obvious avoiding of trading high plat value junk to low mastery rank players, especially if they want to overpay, I only do trading sessions about once a month then sit there and watch if my plat total changes over the next month, while also being paranoid about any gifts I receive randomly from people I don't know...

The account that chargedback the amount is auto-banned just like the individuals that end up with the negative balance. Its fully automated. Its done by the bot and then reviewed by the staff afterwards when they get to the situation. Once someone just goes through support to show that they were not the one that chargedback the traded plat, the account would be rolled back to how it was before the purchase. That may in fact account for some people's complaints on the forums for logging in and items are missing from their accounts. They may have gotten plat from someone that did a chargeback and their account was auto-banned and corrected before they logged back on.

Is it able to be used to troll? Yea, but without the auto-ban on that system DE would have a much harder time tracking what plat was stolen as it gets traded and used from one person, to the next, to the next. Better to freeze the currency as soon as the account hits the negative THEN look at why it is in the negative and fix the smaller problem. If the person that did the chargeback explains the situation to DE and returns the funds back to DE, they are very likely to restore your account and everything will be dandy.

Edited by NeithanDiniem