Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mission Wave Leaving & Mission Lock-In Suggestions & More

Circle_of_Psi

Hello Everyone

So a mild thing that has been poping up lately, that I'm beginning to get sick and tried, of both seeing and hearing about. What is that, I hear you ask, well that's to do with Mission Wave Leaving. Now, keep in mind there is plenty of other ways around this,  by not doing PuG's (Pick Up Group) and what have you. But there is a fine-line of where, it gets to the point, that it becomes tiresome and tedious. I will also leave down a handful of suggestions to prevent such things as well.

NOTE: THIS GOES FOR ALL, PC,PS4 & XBONE, NOT JUST PC

Now lets get on with the issue

Mission Leavers: When you join to do, what ever farming choice you desire: XP/Relic/Prime/Resources. etc. You expect to stay there for quite some-time, in order to for-fill the task, you have requested to do. For XP: You'll stay over atleast 20 or more rounds, to level up either a handful or a signal item, that you need fully levelled.

Now what ends up happening is, that when you plan to stay longer, the team/group does not, leaving at the most earliest levels of the mission, Such as level 5 or 10. At first this was past off as if players only needed a few XP or items, in order to gain what they needed, as they already either, have that handful of stuff or they have done a Farm-Mission before.

This is no longer acceptable: Simple being, that if you plan to stay much longer then you desire you should not be left alone, in order to gain what you request, as this becomes tiresome and tedious. If you are in a farming type mission, that you know is a "Loot-Cave" mission, then you should plan ahead and stay in the mission. So all players in the group gather what they need. You are not entitled to being selfish and out-right leaving, cuz you are unable to handle the scaling of hostiles.

Now, keep in mind, that this is a Co-op game as well, or you can go out-right solo. That is your choice. As well players may need to leave for a legit reason, such as life or any other task, that requires their attention, over farming. That can not change. As it is part of human life. (Dispute people use this as a shield, in the wrong way).

So, with that being said, to make it more tactical and mission-planing I suggest the following:

Re-Open Mission: What this will do is the following: When a player leaves, the level/difficultly and scaling drops to fit that number of players. It can not go any higher, then your team's level. However this will allow any player to either re-join or let a new player join. When a new player joins, they are able to gather the already picked up Supplies that the other team have.

Now keep in mind, to pevent "Leeching", Players will be unable to leave once they join, there will be a cooldown on when you can leave or not. If you leave by other means, you lose everything. (Alt-Tabbing/F4).

Once a player has re-joined, it will allow the level/difficultly and scaling to return to its normal pace, but it still will not go over. it will be locked to a max-level, this is to pevent OP enemies and OP scaling. On top of that host-mingiraitons are no longer a issue. It will smipely act, like the player has left and it will resume the game. 

If a player choices to leave, before the wave limit, their rewards is halfed. At the start of the mission you'll be given a choice of what waves you want to play: 20-30-40, etc. (no less them 5-10). Once the limit is over. the mission is completed. You get what you farmed for. Them items are locked in. You can not lose them.

Once the mission is complete, you are given the choice to Re-Open the mission and play again or leave. If you leave, if one player still remains in the mission, it will allow you to gain more players to join. At any time. Lower levels, meaning "Online Soloing" will be scaled to fit your level, until a player joins

Any player will join, once they pick the same mission, you will always join a per-open team, that has less then 1 player. Once it gets to 4, it wil be locked and players who join the same mission, will be treated the same, put into a team with less then 1, and start from there.

Each player can vote how long they wish to stay, if their wave reaches to their limit, they will able to leave given a choice.

I'm unsure if this will really help anything, but keep in mind, this is to pevent early leavers. Share your ideas below or thoughts, just keep it civil.

Legion

Edited by LegionCynex
Fixed empty spaces

The best Thing to do to prevent early leavers is to Play with your friends. You cant force someone to stay if they dont want to.

I also dont like People who leave at wave 5 but we have to live with this issue or dont Play public.

The vote how Long a Player want to stay is a good idea but i know it from myself, if my two Kids Need their dad i have to leave the round at wave 5 even if i wanted to stay until wave 40.

Edited by (XB1)Striked DE

It's annoying to see people leave, but on the other hand, I do it too. I might need to leave (everybody has perfectly legit reasons that can call them away), or I might just feel like leaving (also perfectly legit reason to leave), or I might hate the way people are playing, or they might suck and it's been a brutal struggle to succeed...whatever the reason, if I want to leave at 5 minutes, I expect to be able to do so.

What I'd like to see is, if you're intent on staying, have the game populate back up to a full squad if there are people queuing up to play it, and do so before beginning the next pass or wave or 5-minute cycle or whatever. Right now people will join in over time; I'd like that to happen before things resume. So if you get stuck alone on rotation C because everyone bailed* then the game will wait for a judicious amount of time, and attempt to fill the squad, and then get you back into the game.

Or, maybe they could give us something like "Emergency Extract, I'm all alone here" option.

Edited by (XB1)CannyJack