Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What should I buy?

NotRealButReal

Question

Okay, so I was planning on buying Banshee's Prime Access on the 7th of March (mainly for the value), but I don't know what I should buy from trade. I need some answers/recommendations for the following (please try to keep everything within 1500p):

Frames

I have Ash Prime, Nyx Prime, and Nova Prime with 3/4 of Loki Prime's parts. Should I just keep playing those or buy another frame to go into end-game? If so, which one?

Primary, Secondary, and Melee (MR7)

I have Orthos Prime, Soma Prime, and Twin Grakatas for my current build. I want a strong Primary that'll carry me for a while, but I'm only MR7... is Soma fine? For Secondaries, I was planning on buying Akstiletto Prime and never changing, is that okay or should I use Euphona Prime as a Secondary?

Cosmetic-type stuff

I wanted to have a nice smokey build with a green outline for my frames, with armor to add to the looks. I was going to buy the Dendra and Daedalus Amor Bundles, the Pyra Syandana, Smoke Color Pallette, and Xiphos (I'm not going to use any charges). Would those look really nice in your opinion, or should I get something else?

Mods (500K Credits)

Lastly, what mods should I get? I want to get Primed Continuity and Flow, but those cost way too much for my liking, I want to keep around 1000K Platinum in case something comes out or if I need some items.

Thanks in advance,

NotRealButReal.

14 answers to this question

1 minute ago, NotRealButReal said:

I have every Ivara part, but the last part I need for Loki Prime are the Systems. Should I buy them for the heck of it, or do I just forget about him (for now)?

Stick to Ivara (She even got Augment that helps her in spy missions) she can do everything that Loki does, plus got her own bonuses from her skills(Con is that she moves slower). Loki Prime is mostly used for Trial LoR as Bomb Carrier (At least that's where i use him only). (If you really want to test Loki, try normal Loki first, and as soon as possible since Loki Prime price is going up -Vaulted Frame)

4 minutes ago, NotRealButReal said:

I heard that Frost Prime just has 75 more Armor, should I just use my normal Frost to save ~400p?

I will always say stick to normal variants first, see if you like them, like really like them, then consider using your platinum (Use your platinum only if the frame-weapon is vaulted and you really like it)

7 minutes ago, NotRealButReal said:

I'll buy the Nekros Prime parts individually, so they'd add up to ~100-150p, is that a good use of Platinum?

Same applies to Nekros, test Nekros first before getting the Prime Version. If you insist on getting the prime version first, then 100p is fine deal. 

9 minutes ago, NotRealButReal said:

Trinity Prime is cheap, but I'm not much of a "supportive" player. Besides from Nova's M Prime, I never use a team-passive. My question is, should I learn to use Trinity?

Not a must, just optional, would be good though to learn how to support with her. Many people ask for Trinity for endless missions, trials.

11 minutes ago, NotRealButReal said:

If I buy Akstiletto Prime parts individually, it'll add up to ~100p, but I'm normally going against Lv40-80 Enemies, will it suffice?

Check its builds first, see how covered you are with the mods you got. As i mentioned, if you mod a weapon right it can go into end-game easily. 

14 minutes ago, NotRealButReal said:

I'll keep using Forma on my Soma until it can hold strong, near-max Mods, but should I get the Vaykor Hek or Synoid Simulor whenever I get to MR12-13?

It's up to you, Shotgun though uses completely different set of mods. Since you already got almost maxed mods for Soma, focus on Rifle Based primary, leave shotguns for later. Personally i don't like Simulor, because it works best with Mirage, without her, it still deals damage but its little meh. 

17 minutes ago, NotRealButReal said:

Okay, I'll hold onto Orthos Prime, but should I get the Nikana Prime later on? I love the range and speed, but the damage sometimes comes short.

Why not. 

18 minutes ago, NotRealButReal said:

I'll try to minimize how much Platinum I spend on Cosmetics, but if I have 1500+ Platinum, do you recommend I spend a little for customization?

Yea, focus on mods (Like corrupted mods as a fellow Tenno mentioned above, some rare mods that you struggle to farm, Elemental Dual Stat mods *Element + Status*, etc...), slots, catalysts, reactors, formas, etc... No components like Plastids and stuff like that.

21 minutes ago, NotRealButReal said:

My question is if I should sell TRASH frames? I'm talking about Lv13 Atlas with 0 Reactors and 0 Forma BAD.

Since you got platinum, you don't really have to discard frames, just buy slots every time you need 1 for a new frame. As for the Atlas, just rank him up till 30 for the mastery points. 

26 minutes ago, NotRealButReal said:

Okay, so I was planning on buying Banshee's Prime Access on the 7th of March (mainly for the value), but I don't know what I should buy from trade. I need some answers/recommendations for the following (please try to keep everything within 1500p):

Frames

I have Ash Prime, Nyx Prime, and Nova Prime with 3/4 of Loki Prime's parts. Should I just keep playing those or buy another frame to go into end-game? If so, which one?

I think those three will allow you to do any mission that comes at us. You could buy the last part of Loki, but you already have Ash if you really need invis. You could stock up on Trinity Prime for teamplay (easy to farm / cheap to buy).

Primary, Secondary, and Melee (MR7)

I have Orthos Prime, Soma Prime, and Twin Grakatas for my current build. I want a strong Primary that'll carry me for a while, but I'm only MR7... is Soma fine? For Secondaries, I was planning on buying Akstiletto Prime and never changing, is that okay or should I use Euphona Prime as a Secondary?

Soma is one of the strongest Primaries, so yes, it is fine. Akstiletto is likewise one of the strongest secondaries and I use it almost exclusively. We don't have Euphona yet, so IDK how good it really plays.

Edit: I just now realized you are MR7, you are probably not gonna be able to use the euphona as it is locked to MR14 I heard. Maybe that is misinformation though. 

Cosmetic-type stuff

I wanted to have a nice smokey build with a green outline for my frames, with armor to add to the looks. I was going to buy the Dendra and Daedalus Amor Bundles, the Pyra Syandana, Smoke Color Pallette, and Xiphos (I'm not going to use any charges). Would those look really nice in your opinion, or should I get something else?

I don't really like Dendra and Daedalus, but that is all personal preference, so sure, go ahead.

Mods (500K Credits)

Lastly, what mods should I get? I want to get Primed Continuity and Flow, but those cost way too much for my liking, I want to keep around 1000K Platinum in case something comes out or if I need some items.

Those two are not really expensive to trade, but Baro also brings them pretty regularly, you don't really need to have them right now.

Edited by bluepheonix13

14 minutes ago, bluepheonix13 said:

I think those three will allow you to do any mission that comes at us. You could buy the last part of Loki, but you already have Ash if you really need invis. You could stock up on Trinity Prime for teamplay (easy to farm / cheap to buy).

Soma is one of the strongest Primaries, so yes, it is fine. Akstiletto is likewise one of the strongest secondaries and I use it almost exclusively. We don't have Euphona yet, so IDK how good it really plays.

Edit: I just now realized you are MR7, you are probably not gonna be able to use the euphona as it is locked to MR14 I heard. Maybe that is misinformation though. 

I don't really like Dendra and Daedalus, but that is all personal preference, so sure, go ahead.

Those two are not really expensive to trade, but Baro also brings them pretty regularly, you don't really need to have them right now.

Thanks, but which armors do you prefer? I might buy all.

Never mind the plat cost of primed mods. There's a 1,000,000 credits tax on trading them which is either gonna be a wall in the way of the trade or a kick in the nuts after the trade.

Top of the mods to buy list for me is the corrupted mods -> http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Corrupted_Mods Definitely on the harder end of the scale to get from just playing the game, they're generally very strong, and you can make the more interesting builds out of them.

IMO, since you just started, i would suggest you not waste platinum just to rush stuff, items listed like primes and such, you could check their normal variants first and see if you like those frames before buying the prime ones, but since the money are yours, its up to you, i am just suggesting you to not throw them away (Note: If you still plan on using platinum to buy stuff make sure to check http://warframe.market/  , to avoid people that trick newcomers into wasting platinum on something that is way cheaper.). Almost any Frame - Weapon and such if modded right can go into end-game, with few exceptions, really small exceptions and we talk about 100lvl+ enemies here. The list is basic and a small one just to point out few things, since other tennos will appear to assist you with their ideas. (If they appear :P)

Frames (Note -Won't add a big list of frames, just the ones i think are essential for few things in the game)

• If you are bored or not interesting in archwing instead of Limbo (Helpful in Lua Spy, don't know if DE decide to tweak this after the rework), go for Frost (Frost Prime is vaulted) for Defense - Mobile Defense missions (Not only, since Frost is quite tanky, its a good frame for starters).
  • Finish up Loki prime, or try to Farm Ivara (If you got Low-Mid-High tier missions unlocked since she drops from Low-Mid-High Tier Spy missions) or Normal Loki, just for the Spy-LoR(Law Of Retribution Trial) missions. (I am not counting the stealth multiplier on melee if you play with melee mostly and such), if you decide to do LoR, Loki Prime mostly (Sometimes Volt Prime is also) is the bomb carried if you ever start doing trials and decide to be bomb carrier.
  • Nekros(Nekros Prime) or Hydroid (Augmented Hydroid) simply for the component - mods farming. (Note: Nekros or Nekros Prime can be tanky also because of the Augmented Mod Shield of Shadows that grants Damage Reduction as long as you are linked to your Shadows that you spawn with your 4th ability).
  • Trinity (Trinity Prime) simply cus of support frame, if you play with friends or with your clan and you do Endless Missions (Having a dominant healer and infinite energy supplier is good for team play). (Note: Can be used for solo plays also, or team plays, as a tanky frame, also a frame that 4th ability grants Damage Reduction and Heal to all allies within affinity range (Affinity Range is the small icon you see near your Shields/Hp or your fellow Tennos Shields/HP).

Weapons(Note- I would suggest you slowly testing few weapons yourself and/or check youtube - feedbacks*You can find few feedbacks if you google it, if not for every, few weapons should have some topics about their feedback*):

• Since Euphona is not available, yet. You can either wait and see people's feedback on the weapon or get Akstiletto Prime (Akstiletto Prime is a good weapon, actually one of the top tier secondaries in the game at the moment, but don't stay with 1 secondary and that's it, once you get akstiletto prime, test out other weapons also since the introduction of the Riven Mods, some other secondaries can pack a punch).
  • Soma Prime is more than fine, work on modding it right and check some builds. (Google-Youtube)
  • Orthos Prime, personally i love this weapon, if you ever plan on getting Primed Mods, this weapon got insane range with Primed Reach. 9-10m range, and the damage is decent.

Cosmetics: It's up to you, since it's your frame, you make it however you want it to look (Still consider it a waste of platinum for a beginner but as i said your money, your platinum you decide what to do with them).

Primed Mods (Note: Primed Mods are expensive to Rank up forget about trading the tax is 1m credit per mod, for a beginner it's troublesome, not to mention the tax on maxing the mods, around 2m so it makes total of approx 3m credits per mod): Primed Continuity - Flow for Frame. Primed Target Cracker - Pistol Gambit if you plan on using Critical Based Secondaries. Primed Pressure Point - Reach (As i mentioned above) - Fury are the ones for melee.  -If you still want to focus on getting Primed mods (And of course manage to farm lots of credits), get only the ones you focus mostly on, Example: If you focus on Frames, get Primed Flow then Continuity, Then if you prefer secondaries over melee and the secondaries are Crit Based go for Primed Target Cracker - Pistol Gambit. etc.....)

Last but not least, use your platinum wisely like Orokin Catalysts - Reactors,  Weapon - Frame slots, even Riven Mods. And don't forget you need Forma, which can be farmed easily. But a pain to polarize your items all the time and you need quite a lot of them if you want to draw out the full potential of your weapons - frames.

Good luck, Tenno.

6 minutes ago, PrimeDCookieMonstah said:

IMO, since you just started, i would suggest you not waste platinum just to rush stuff, items listed like primes and such, you could check their normal variants first and see if you like those frames before buying the prime ones, but since the money are yours, its up to you, i am just suggesting you to not throw them away (Note: If you still plan on using platinum to buy stuff make sure to check http://warframe.market/  , to avoid people that trick newcomers into wasting platinum on something that is way cheaper.). Almost any Frame - Weapon and such if modded right can go into end-game, with few exceptions, really small exceptions and we talk about 100lvl+ enemies here. The list is basic and a small one just to point out few things, since other tennos will appear to assist you with their ideas. (If they appear :P)

Frames (Note -Won't add a big list of frames, just the ones i think are essential for few things in the game)

• If you are bored or not interesting in archwing instead of Limbo (Helpful in Lua Spy, don't know if DE decide to tweak this after the rework), go for Frost (Frost Prime is vaulted) for Defense - Mobile Defense missions (Not only, since Frost is quite tanky, its a good frame for starters).
  • Finish up Loki prime, or try to Farm Ivara (If you got Low-Mid-High tier missions unlocked since she drops from Low-Mid-High Tier Spy missions) or Normal Loki, just for the Spy-LoR(Law Of Retribution Trial) missions. (I am not counting the stealth multiplier on melee if you play with melee mostly and such), if you decide to do LoR, Loki Prime mostly (Sometimes Volt Prime is also) is the bomb carried if you ever start doing trials and decide to be bomb carrier.
  • Nekros(Nekros Prime) or Hydroid (Augmented Hydroid) simply for the component - mods farming. (Note: Nekros or Nekros Prime can be tanky also because of the Augmented Mod Shield of Shadows that grants Damage Reduction as long as you are linked to your Shadows that you spawn with your 4th ability).
  • Trinity (Trinity Prime) simply cus of support frame, if you play with friends or with your clan and you do Endless Missions (Having a dominant healer and infinite energy supplier is good for team play). (Note: Can be used for solo plays also, or team plays, as a tanky frame, also a frame that 4th ability grants Damage Reduction and Heal to all allies within affinity range (Affinity Range is the small icon you see near your Shields/Hp or your fellow Tennos Shields/HP).

Weapons(Note- I would suggest you slowly testing few weapons yourself and/or check youtube - feedbacks*You can find few feedbacks if you google it, if not for every, few weapons should have some topics about their feedback*):

• Since Euphona is not available, yet. You can either wait and see people's feedback on the weapon or get Akstiletto Prime (Akstiletto Prime is a good weapon, actually one of the top tier secondaries in the game at the moment, but don't stay with 1 secondary and that's it, once you get akstiletto prime, test out other weapons also since the introduction of the Riven Mods, some other secondaries can pack a punch).
  • Soma Prime is more than fine, work on modding it right and check some builds. (Google-Youtube)
  • Orthos Prime, personally i love this weapon, if you ever plan on getting Primed Mods, this weapon got insane range with Primed Reach. 9-10m range, and the damage is decent.

Cosmetics: It's up to you, since it's your frame, you make it however you want it to look (Still consider it a waste of platinum for a beginner but as i said your money, your platinum you decide what to do with them).

Primed Mods (Note: Primed Mods are expensive to Rank up forget about trading the tax is 1m credit per mod, for a beginner it's troublesome, not to mention the tax on maxing the mods, around 2m so it makes total of approx 3m credits per mod): Primed Continuity - Flow for Frame. Primed Target Cracker - Pistol Gambit if you plan on using Critical Based Secondaries. Primed Pressure Point - Reach (As i mentioned above) - Fury are the ones for melee.  -If you still want to focus on getting Primed mods (And of course manage to farm lots of credits), get only the ones you focus mostly on, Example: If you focus on Frames, get Primed Flow then Continuity, Then if you prefer secondaries over melee and the secondaries are Crit Based go for Primed Target Cracker - Pistol Gambit. etc.....)

Last but not least, use your platinum wisely like Orokin Catalysts - Reactors,  Weapon - Frame slots, even Riven Mods. And don't forget you need Forma, which can be farmed easily. But a pain to polarize your items all the time and you need quite a lot of them if you want to draw out the full potential of your weapons - frames.

Good luck, Tenno.

Wow, thanks. I have a few questions, however:

I have every Ivara part, but the last part I need for Loki Prime are the Systems. Should I buy them for the heck of it, or do I just forget about him (for now)?

I heard that Frost Prime just has 75 more Armor, should I just use my normal Frost to save ~400p?

I'll buy the Nekros Prime parts individually, so they'd add up to ~100-150p, is that a good use of Platinum?

Trinity Prime is cheap, but I'm not much of a "supportive" player. Besides from Nova's M Prime, I never use a team-passive. My question is, should I learn to use Trinity?

If I buy Akstiletto Prime parts individually, it'll add up to ~100p, but I'm normally going against Lv40-80 Enemies, will it suffice?

I'll keep using Forma on my Soma until it can hold strong, near-max Mods, but should I get the Vaykor Hek or Synoid Simulor whenever I get to MR12-13?

Okay, I'll hold onto Orthos Prime, but should I get the Nikana Prime later on? I love the range and speed, but the damage sometimes comes short.

I'll try to minimize how much Platinum I spend on Cosmetics, but if I have 1500+ Platinum, do you recommend I spend a little for customization?

(Not a question): Welp, I'm not buying a Primed Mod for a while...

Lastly, I'm probably not going to need more than 5 Frame slots, 3 Reactors, and 2 Catalysts, so I'll definitely buy those. My question is if I should sell TRASH frames? I'm talking about Lv13 Atlas with 0 Reactors and 0 Forma BAD.

Woah! Careful who you call trash. Someone's gonna like that frame a start cursing you.

At least get the frame to max rank before you delete it. Also, some frames are much easier to get than others so you should think about that before deleting a frame. As far as I'm aware Atlas isn't the easiest frame to get so you probably shouldn't get rid of him. And there's also quest frames that you can't get a second time (like Inaros, Limbo).

Another note on the trash comment... Pretty much every Warframe, until you get them to level 30 and all their abilities to lvl 3, is trash. It's pretty much impossible to get to know a warframe until that point. So get them to level 30, try and learn what their strengths are and tune your build towards that. Then try to get to know the frame. If you still think it's trash then yeah, delete it.

But honestly, with the amount of plat you're talking about you shouldn't need to delete anything. You can afford slots for days.

Edited by (PS4)drpunk-yo

6 minutes ago, (PS4)drpunk-yo said:

Woah! Careful who you call trash. Someone's gonna like that frame a start cursing you.

At least get the frame to max rank before you delete it. Also, some frames are much easier to get than others so you should think about that before deleting a frame. As far as I'm aware Atlas isn't the easiest frame to get so you probably shouldn't get rid of him. And there's also quest frames that you can't get a second time (like Inaros, Limbo).

Another note on the trash comment... Pretty much every Warframe, until you get them to level 30 and all their abilities to lvl 3, is trash. It's pretty much impossible to get to know a warframe until that point. So get them to level 30, try and learn what their strengths are and tune your build towards that. Then try to get to know the frame. If you still think it's trash then yeah, delete it.

But honestly, with the amount of plat you're talking about you shouldn't need to delete anything. You can afford slots for days.

Okay, I'll level Atlas to Lv30 :/. I can't even aim because of his lack of a neck. Also, I wanted to sell some because I wanted to save my Platinum in case a new, super-strong item and/or a steal of an offer comes up in Trade Chat.

3 minutes ago, PrimeDCookieMonstah said:

Stick to Ivara (She even got Augment that helps her in spy missions) she can do everything that Loki does, plus got her own bonuses from her skills(Con is that she moves slower). Loki Prime is mostly used for Trial LoR as Bomb Carrier (At least that's where i use him only). (If you really want to test Loki, try normal Loki first, and as soon as possible since Loki Prime price is going up -Vaulted Frame)

I will always say stick to normal variants first, see if you like them, like really like them, then consider using your platinum (Use your platinum only if the frame-weapon is vaulted and you really like it)

Same applies to Nekros, test Nekros first before getting the Prime Version. If you insist on getting the prime version first, then 100p is fine deal. 

Not a must, just optional, would be good though to learn how to support with her. Many people ask for Trinity for endless missions, trials.

Check its builds first, see how covered you are with the mods you got. As i mentioned, if you mod a weapon right it can go into end-game easily. 

It's up to you, Shotgun though uses completely different set of mods. Since you already got almost maxed mods for Soma, focus on Rifle Based primary, leave shotguns for later. Personally i don't like Simulor, because it works best with Mirage, without her, it still deals damage but its little meh. 

Why not. 

Yea, focus on mods (Like corrupted mods as a fellow Tenno mentioned above, some rare mods that you struggle to farm, Elemental Dual Stat mods *Element + Status*, etc...), slots, catalysts, reactors, formas, etc... No components like Plastids and stuff like that.

Since you got platinum, you don't really have to discard frames, just buy slots every time you need 1 for a new frame. As for the Atlas, just rank him up till 30 for the mastery points. 

this is a game for farming get farming frames and play with them (hydroid, nekros, nova & trinity) everyone want these in their group when they are farming and ivara (its better to buy ivara then farm for her as her farm is a *&%#$.) for spy and rescue missions. for the arenas ash reign supreme.

primary weapons i would say tonkor vaykor hek ( as it has 7 bullets instead of 4) and a quanta vandal if u want to spend money.

secondary i prefer atomos 

mele galatine prime

On ‎28‎.‎02‎.‎2017 at 4:41 PM, NotRealButReal said:

Okay, I'll level Atlas to Lv30 :/. I can't even aim because of his lack of a neck. Also, I wanted to sell some because I wanted to save my Platinum in case a new, super-strong item and/or a steal of an offer comes up in Trade Chat.

Atlas is a melee beast! You don´t need to shoot one bullet when playing him. His first ability is all you need (low-mid level missions)

Don´t delete a frame unless you just got the prime version of it and don´t need the "normal" version anymore.

Keep in mind that you will need orokin reactors and catalysts in the future! They cost 20p each, every time you need one (you can get blueprints for them from alerts sometimes and from sorties)