Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steel Meridian mods question

Matxer

Question

10 answers to this question

There is quite a lot of them, however, I would pick the ones for the frames you play/want the most. Either that, or if there is an augment you want for a frame not under steel merid's, then you could trade for one with a steel meridian mod. Yet some of those aren't as useful as others. Just be careful in what you pick :)

FWIW, my 0.02 Plat:

Scattered Justice is a must on Hek (though a crit build Vaykor Hek is ultimately superior),
Sobek's Shattering Justice however ... eh, status on Shotties isn't that great unless you can reach 100%
and unless you want the Justice effect's heal & Armor boost, Acid Shells already gives you plenty of AoE fun.

Firequake is great, I haven't looked too much into Flash Accelerant but that might be worth considering, as well.

Many swear by Chilling Globe and Ice Wave Impedance but with a max Efficiency & high (yay 235%) Range build,
Icy Avalanche is amazing CC, not-too-shabby-damage and a Squad-wide Iron Skin dispenser. Yes please.

Ironclad Charge + Iron Shrapnel is a nifty combo that lets you super-charge and freely recast your Iron Skin, woot.

Regenerative Molt can be nice in a Melee-focused Rage build I guess,
though for a Spore build (235% Range strikes again) / loadout, I find e.g. Medi-Ray to be plenty.

When it comes to the warframe augment mods some are shared with the other factions so technically the are not "steel meridian" mods. The actual steel meridian mods are the ones that are weapon augments. Of those the one for the duel cleavers is good on the prisma duel cleavers. The one for the Hek is meh since you can get a vaykor hek from steel meridian that already has the same abilities installed. The one for sobek is pretty good too.

I just wish we could get a steel meridian mod for the gorgon. That would be kind of fun.

Most augments have problems trying to be worth the mod slot. A few warframe augments including those of Nekros, Hydroid, and Ash, are useful enough mostly due to giving functionality that the warframe needs for its abilities to have a niche. If you can find or justify the loss of a mod and with it either durability or ability stats, augments can sometimes give useful or at least interesting effects.

12 minutes ago, (Xbox One)RAG is NAROK said:

The one for the Hek is meh since you can get a vaykor hek from steel meridian that already has the same abilities installed.

Dead wrong.  Scattered Justice gives the regular Hek extra multishot that the Vaykor Hek can't get.  I've used both and the regular Hek with this mod is superior up until you can get maxed rank Primed Ravage onto a 6 forma Vaykor Hek.  Regular Hek is the best weapon for new players to clear the star chart and start doing sorties with because it has a very high damage output with easy to get and low cost mods like Scattered Justice.

6 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ThermalStone said:

Dead wrong.  Scattered Justice gives the regular Hek extra multishot that the Vaykor Hek can't get.  I've used both and the regular Hek with this mod is superior up until you can get maxed rank Primed Ravage onto a 6 forma Vaykor Hek.  Regular Hek is the best weapon for new players to clear the star chart and start doing sorties with because it has a very high damage output with easy to get and low cost mods like Scattered Justice.

Forgive me, I am not much of a shotgun user and my only experience with the Hek (aside from using it for Mastery Rank) was with the Vaykor Hek, so if you can say it is good from experience than I believe you.

However, I doubt that most new players will be able to get their hands on the mod early in the game. At least not without buying it from trade chat.

Steel Meridian is packed full of modding goodness.

Weapon Augments:
Scattered Justice (Hek)
Justice Blades ({Prisma!} Dual Cleavers)
Shattering Justice (Sobek)

Weapons:
Vaykor Hek
Vaykor Marelok
Vaykor Sydon

Warframe Augments: *(most of these are probably largely personal preference but I'll still list the ones that seem to actually be worth getting)

Atlas- Path of Statues 

Ember- Fire Quake  • Flash Accelerant 

Frost-  Ice Wave Impedance • Chilling Globe • Icy Avalanche

Nova- Antimatter Absorb • Escape Velocity

Rhino-  Ironclad Charge • Iron Shrapnel • Reinforcing Stomp
*(I don't use Reinforcing Stomp but it seems some like it so I listed it anyhow.)

re: 
Saryn's Regenerative Molt. I thought this one worked pretty well until I took her into a Sortie 1 Survival with Enhanced Physical (Grineer) Enemies. Using my Spore Build with only Regen Molt and a Maxed Vitality for survival, and with no one else running any Defensive or CC frames she got wrecked. The other players were mostly pretty useless and after the quick discovery that she could take barely any enemy fire at all I had to hide her in corners and do the "molt-spores-miasma" thing.
So IMO it's only good to use for content where you probably don't really need it. YMMV of course.

Excal's Surging Dash, I guess this one would be really good for a melee build but it's apparently really unreliable. 
Radiant Finish is good for lols if you want to run a Radial Blind build using a weak weapon (like say a machete).

Oberon's Phoenix Renewal. This one seems counter-intuitive. I guess it works best with negative duration? But it's got a big cooldown and goofy mechanics besides. So, in the end, it really doesn't seem like it's worth the slot or building for. 

Fireball Frenzy, Freeze Force, and Smite Infusion would be OK again for lols if you wanted to create a team around the idea of granting each other elemental damage buffs. 

Atlas' Ore Gaze would be alright if you really want to use him to scan stuff into the Codex. Otherwise, IMO, Petrify pretty much sucks. The +50% loot would be nice if you're just farming.

More could be said about the rest but for the most part, I don't think any of the rest are even remotely close to essential or worth giving up a slot for outside of "just because you want to."  I mean if you like a thing and it seems to work for you then that is great, keep on keeping on. But I wouldn't recommend any of the rest at all.

Well, I hope some of that is helpful.

Cheers!
~R~