Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Best Defense - Melee Creation Contest!

[DE]Megan

I know I am not going to win any awards, but I think I have a good one and I hope you guys like it.

The weapon would be a cane sword (a sword that you sould pull out of a walking stick)

The weapon would be tenno (but in origin it would be from grand master trainers that could use every weapon and taught the younger how to be agile and strong teaching them to not only use their weapons but when to use them as well).

It would be using the hammer grip (like the jagkitag) as it's primary use and focus on blunt damage but it would have the ability to switch. Unsheathing the sword (with the alternate fire button) and changing to a one handed sword grip (skana) or Nikana grip and the rapier grip would work as well for the unsheathed sword. It would change it from a blunt weapon to a slash weapon giving it for more customizing and arrange ment of mods on the weapon

I don't have any art. I am sorry I am not a good artist and I am using console so even if I did have something i would not know how to send it in (i know the kinect is an option but i have an xbox 1 s and it does not work on it without the adapter. Sorry for the rambling.

I hope you can use something from my idea here as I would only wish for it to help. If by some chance (and i am counting myself out right now, because i think i have a better chance of winning the lottery than my idea being better than some of the great ideas already posted) If Mine does get picked i don't want any fame or prize. I just would like i simple message saying that i did good and can continue to help out in the future or something like that.

Thanks for reading my post and have a good week.

"Kabe & Toge" (According to google translator means "Wall & Thorn" in japanese) By Dorminac.

Faction: Tenno

Brief Description: A spear and a metallic shield which uses "Eleventh Storm" and deals mainly puncture and slash damage (puncture higher than slash and slash higher than impact). The spear is longer than the sword of "Silva & Aegis" which gives it additional range and it has better critical chance and critical damage. The shield has the same size as the one of "Ack & Brunt" (the grey bars behind the shield is where the arm goes). The shield works as a tower shield so it can block all damage in front of it (does not apply for status effects).

The spear can retract itself so that it can be stored behind the shield when using other weapons (it would be nice if it could also get retracted when throwing it while using the combo "Diamond Deus") the shield also retracts a bit and the blue parts are like glowing lights which light up when using the weapon.

Kabe%20amp%20Toge%20Original%20Artwork%2

Edited by Dorminac
Fixed a word and added some characteristics to the spear and shield.

kwYSNQj.png

Spoiler

Mastery rank: 10

physical damage: 52

crit chance: 10%

Crit multiplier 3.5x

polarities: madurai

stance polarity: madurai

Attack Speed:0.980

Passive: Water Splash damage

Splash time: 12 secunds

splash reach: 25 meters

splash crit multiplier: 200%

splash crit chance: 175%

splash armor reduction: 50%

hydroy passive: 50% reduction splash time

Edited by .Floyd
Add Atckspd: 0,980

On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 5:33 PM, (PS4)mono1734 said:

Please don't judge me on the artistic part as much since I am a really bad artist. I call this secondary weapon Balta. Balta is axe in Turkish by the way.

file:///C:/Users/wed58/Downloads/Balta.webp

• Balta is a Tenno hatchet that comes in groups of three. You can throw them or do a slash maneuver as attack.
  • When you throw a Balta it will go spinning in the direction you are pointing and fly back towards you. Will do piercing damage to multiple enemies in one throw. The Balta will attach items to it and give it to you once it comes back.

£Grip Type: Machete

£Puncture: 60

£Damage Wall/Air: 200

£Damage Sliding: 225

£Damage Slash: 240

£Damage Throw: 265

£Crit Chance: 30%

£Crit Damage: 2.0x

£Status Chance: 30%

That moment you have a base 300 damage melee with 30% crit :)

Name: Lotus Petal

Type: Dual Folding Fan

A weapon of elegance and destruction. Meant to lull enemies into a false sense of security with its graceful yet slow attacks. The weapon deals mostly slash damage with the energy blade within and minor puncture with he points that make the frame.

Terrast, 

Faction: Grineer

Brief Description: Grip type is Machete. There is fabric around the hilt forming a grip. The blade texture is the same as the "fins" of Tiberon. There is a rounded plate on this sword with the grineer emblem emblazoned on the left side.
It is drawn like standard sword and briefly shines in energy color.
While charge attacking it should shine with energy color and take away enemy armor.
"This weapon chops your enemies effectively as emphasized by the blades shape.
It shears away enemy armor with charged attacks."

Original Artwork: deviantart.com/art/New-Canvas-2-667360490?ga_submit_new=10%3A1488757109

deviantart.com/art/New-Canvass-667361739?ga_submit_new=10%3A1488757248

Please tell me how to include whole pictures without links, thanks. Please don't be afraid to open the links, I have a rank 8 warframe account i very much would not like to be supended. Thanks.

Faction: Grineer

Brief Description: Formerly a weapon of honor and dignity this rapier has been corrupted by the Grineer like many things into one of cruelty. It's twisting blade and sharp metal shooting out seemingly randomly. Even if you somehow survive an encounter with this abhorrent rapier your flesh will be unable to be completely repaired.

Original Artwork (Sorry I am no Artist):

9sTPCzn.png 

Conva & Null

Faction: Corpus

Grip Type: Sword and Shield

Description: A stripped-down arm-mounted Nullifier pack that creates a shallow dome instead of a bubble, combined with a small sword whose 'blades' are Convectrix-like energy beams projected from the hilt.

dYdOxov.png

13110389.jpg

Faction: orokin

Brief Description : Sword of Destiny .

In ancient times, Race Orakin made legendary sword, he had unlimited power, but it could not be used because of their weak body. When Orokin were destroyed, he was lost.After some time  sword was found Tenno, but the form in which it was found did'nt show the full power of its owner. And then there was the chosen one Tenno who vacated the power of the sword, and now he is ready to confront the invaders of the solar system.

17 hours ago, nyxtasy said:

OsdBSqr.png

Reveal hidden contents

Name: Don't know yet  (but can't wait any longer to share my idea :)

Weapon Type/ gripstyle: Glaive (throwing blade)

Damage Type: I can't decide between slash and electricity, why not both?!  -> Edit-1: Electrical it shall be :) !

This is the most heavy glaive so far, and it's signifficantly larger than the others, therefor has got signifficantly slower attack speed.

->Edit-1 : I totally forgot the Orvius. I think this one will just be almost as big as the Orvius then, with an attack speed between the glaive prime and the Orvius.

Since the glaive prime can explode I thought of something really really cool for this one:

While channeling: When thrown, the Alt-Fire teleports the Warframe to the glaives location and a jump-attack is instantly performed 

UIcPqJk.png

I really hope it's ok when I quote myself now, since I wanted to edit my formal first entry on page 27 properly.

I changed the look drastically, now it fits the basic idea a lot more, still not more than two pictures as allowed :)

But I have to say:

All these ideas are great! And some are just outstanding! the Lotus like glaive probably beats mine, but it's ok, as long as we got a glive! I love glaives :P

You guys are great!                 Keep them awesome ideas rolling in!                  This is so far my favorit thread overall <3 

Alright guess i'll take a stab at it.

IDK if it's doable, but here's my entry.

GROUND TAMPAR

FACTION: Tenno.

STANCE/GRIP TYPE: Sparring.

BRIEF DESCRIPTION: The Ground Tampar is a sparring weapon(like the venka), but with armor plates reaching up to the shoulders. A faint blue color of energy radiate from the inscriptions on the weapon. The ground Tampar offer a small armor buff to the wearer as a passive(scaling with the combo multiplier). Optional: If possible, it would also be nice if we could retract or pull out the blades via the alt fire button, causing the base damage(or a porting of it) to change between puncture(blades out) and impact(blades in).

Concept art:

3gzKfkk.jpg

Concept art 2 (more detailled but same weapon):

uKd2GKZ.jpg

Edited by Onlyhavok

e4DfxzUsE13hAjZvaM7ynxR_Pxe1RrHJWHlSFYYSQblb-3OYxI5NzLuyQzsQsMZtKxl-zt7oJYw344TxaqwLRORBiU_58GDofCtruzzKce_y3Nljvz7Fj8jHNrpXLeyfXM9oVxpw

Name: Calcyst

Faction: Infested

Stance: Claws, most likely Vermilion Storm.

Brief Description: This living parasite burrows into a host's flesh, using the host's bone and sinew to fashion two claws dripping a deadly toxin. Charge attacks flings a spray of toxin in a short range. 

Edited by Tunnelblur

On 3/4/2017 at 0:38 PM, Alaestor said:

Faction: Tenno (Nunchaku grip)

Brief Description: The Nin-(something)'s handles conceal extending blades which provide longer reach and are designed to glide through flesh.

792bacdfe7.jpg

I was going to make one like this, but this is honesty better than what I was coming up with, so...Upvoted!

Weapon Name: Atralax

Faction: Tenno (Energy Tech)

Grip Style: Gunblade

Description: Inspired by ancient defenses and infused with current technologies, this Tenno shield cannon [Gunblade] can unleash a massive steel shell at their attacker. Getting close to a person with a shield might just get the barrel instead. (Note the words in the bracket are just editor notes)

Weapon Statistics:

Damage Negate on Block: 85%

Attack Speed: .5

Channeling Cost: 5

Channeling Damage: x3.0

Critical Chance: 10%

Critical Damage: x2.0

Leap Attack: 200

Spin Attack: 425

Status Chance: 25%

Throw Attack (Cannon shell/ for gunblade thing you know):145 (25 on stance combos away from holding E)

Wall Attack: 325

Impact: 50

Slash:5

Puncture: 0 (150 innate in throw attack)

Blast: 0 (40/25/10 on 2m/2.75m/4m respectively)

Significant features (if implemented):

Effect: Shield Absorb

On Channel Block: 95% damage blocked (from respective direction), 5% of damage absorbed up to a cap of 1250. On Next channeled throw attack deal 0-1250 bonus damage on enemies hit with the steel shell.

Random Notes: Pictures are bad I know as soon as I saw the event my eyes be glowing with "I need dis" Image 0 was starting concept. 1 is the drawing with color things. 2 is it retracts with holstered. When channeled the brown ring spins like weeeee. 3 and 4 are the steel shell designs. Within 2m 180 degrees in front of the barrel will take the most from the shell leaving, aside from getting hit from the shell itself, and it drops down respectively. The maximum effective range for the shell will be 25 meters in which it explodes dealing 5-30 damage from 0-2.5 meters away from the explosion.

The blue energy is ether-like and makes a noise when it absorbs damage while channel blocking, also a thunderous roar if it reaches maximum damage

This is my submission and thank you if you managed to read this.

Edited by OneCheesyStory
Forgot Stuff

War Shield

A split shield, it is attached to each arm. Lost in the time of the Tenno, it was crafted of metal and energy. The two shields are made to interlock in front of you, the energies contained forming a shield capable of deflecting, not blocking, incoming fire. Ancient Tenno embedded the image of their symbol into the energy field itself, so their enemies would know who they faced. (For us it would be the player Icon)  Although explosives and melee still hit the holder. Linking together takes 0.5s to interlock and charge the deflector circuits or to detach and power down. Under the shields are a trio of blades matching those of the Venka or Venka prime, dealing Slash and moderate piercing damage.

Protection is not the only way these old weapons can shine. Changing the circuits inside of the shields causes the energy field to extend over the fists and feet of the wielder. The claws retract and the energy field flares over the warframes hands and feet. Dealing Electric and Impact damage through unarmed attacks, 

2vt1vs8.jpg

6be2399d2d60f03f91dff09b8c5720bd.jpg

Faction: infested

Name: zugaikotsu.

Description: Orokin nikana blade prototype long lost and assimilated by the infestation, while the body has been changed the unusual alloy of the blade resisted to some extend. Most of it has turned into flesh and bone eager to strike down any opponent who dares to cross its way, or is perhaps the will of the Orokin remaining in the blade.

Heavy blade type grip, each kill stacks a mutation counter like nidus, up to 30 increasing the power of the blade by 30% the counter can be release into a powerful charge attack with increased range and power. slash base weapon.

I have an idea for a chain / grapple weapon a metal tooth on one side and a skull on the other end. I couldn't figure out how to upload my drawing so I am trying to describe it, the skull has pointed teeth that lock onto surfaces and act like a swing when moving a grapple when still, you have to do a heavy attack to throw the grapple, it uses Blade and whip stance and finally I want to name it Grol-Yar. I hope this counts as a entry.

iZphdDO.png

heavy weapon

tenno 

stance tempo royal 

damage type corosive 120

status 40%

critical 10%

attack speed 1

this is Durendal its a greatsword with a galatine grip but a blade like gram with a more pronounced crescent moon tip and galatine length with a wider blade than the galatine and has inlay designs like in the teklu weapon skins

Edited by (XB1)TROLL M4STER 69
forgot to add detail

11 hours ago, Acculluz said:

Faction:

Tenno

Brief Description:

A recreation of an old war relic that was once thought to be lost, along with its master. The Caerudala channels void energy generating a shield to protect the Warframe from all frontal damage. The energy shield can also be used as a thrown melee, capable of projecting multiple glaive like projectiles and creating fields that deal continuous damage to enemies that come in contact with it. This is an embodiment of elegance, intricacy, and the deadly power of Tenno craftsmanship and mastery of the void. (Thrown Melee Grip Type)

Original Artwork:

17015681_1659717024331123_33358772951690

17158977_1659715237664635_50066961444606

I want this. So bad. Please let this be an accepted one!

Name: Concousto(Con-coh-sto)

Faction: Tennis

Description: A concusive flurry of strikes springs forth with devastating percsion and impact from this long sword 

Short Sword Melee Grip similar to Dakara Prime

Stats:

30% Critical Chance

2.5 Critical multiplyer

0% Status Chance

2.0 Attack Speed

220 Impact Damage

0 Slash Damage

50 Puncture damage

If this is to much of a description please tell me and I will remove the stats, Stats are also at the description of Warframe balancing

http://imgur.com/Fuah0tf

I can't seem to get the image to appear in the insert. so please bear with the URL

Edited by DemonsRiot
Forgot to add preference stats, may remove upon request - Mispellet Dakar prime

tumblr_omdj6hlEUi1uwlxpmo1_1280.png

Name: Barr & Cuda

Faction: Tenno

Brief Description: Barr & Cuda are a pair of blades formerly known as Nami & Skyla, torn apart by the Lanx of Earth and reformed by the sea sturdier and more powerful. Normal swings with each blade are like the sea, tearing apart flesh and metal, charge attacks send enemies flying like a large wave had impacted them.

Grip Type: Dual Swords (i.e. Swirling Tiger)