Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Best Defense - Melee Creation Contest!

[DE]Megan

7 minutes ago, Casardis said:

You misinterpreted what DE was asking for. It is a good thing to be familiar with the terminology we use in Warframe.
Grip = weapon type. Here's examples of grip.

- Heavy Blades (Scindo and Gram)
- Blade and Whip (Mios)
- Longsword (Broken War, Skana)

If you want the full list, I suggest you read the Melee Weapons section here.
http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Weapon_Types

Or else your item will just get disqualified.

stop commenting in  this thread or else you will be disqualified , yes there is such a rule in the thread start.

the weapon type is RIOT SHIELD which this shares with the normal, nightwatch and Kuva lancer. this is nothing new to warframe, it is just currently not aviable to players.

you are not a member of DE and can not enforce theyr rules and if DE decides that my weapon is not something they want then they will simply not take it.

38 minutes ago, Ridwanhaider62 said:

What did you guys use to make the drawings? i'm pretty sure it's not paint...so just lemme know what ap we can use

Photoshop is the expensive and complicated "serious business" program that's industry standard.

Popular free alternatives that have fewer features but should still be more than enough for simple drawing and coloring are Paint Tool Sai, Paint.NET and Gimp.

4 minutes ago, (Xbox One)RAG is NAROK said:

Does it have to be a weapon type already in the game or can we come up with our own weapon type as well?

The opening post says only existing weapon types are allowed: "The weapon must use an existing grip. Melee weapon types that are not already in Warframe are not allowed"

4 minutes ago, (Xbox One)UnitedOrc said:

I can't put in pictures???

If you paste a link ending in image formats (.jpg .png etc) the forum should automatically embed it.

Edited by Kharseth

Jat Riplok

Faction: Grineer

Brief Description: Before the compact Ripkas were made by the Grineer, a large chainsaw was attempted, but the generated heat and recoil of the weapon were too much to handle, and thus the idea was scrapped. The original blueprints were obtained by allies of the Tenno however, and thus, the Jat Riplok was made. Using the flames produced by the device's engine, the exhaust pipe can be wielded like a flail, hitting enemies with the ball spewing fire from the end of the chain, while the savage blade itself can be used to rip and tear into enemies. Although too unwieldy and volatile to be used by most Grineer, the Tenno's mastery of the Blade and Whip enabled them to wield it as they would the Mios or Lacera, thus enabling them to rip and scorch from a formidable distance any enemy foolish enough to stand against a Warframe using this savage weapon.

Original Artwork: [I'm sorry for even trying to use paint when I never even drew an image, but at least I tried lol]

encrQPJ.jpg

On 3/5/2017 at 4:05 PM, Kharseth said:

Photoshop is the expensive and complicated "serious business" program that's industry standard.

Popular free alternatives that have fewer features but should still be more than enough for simple drawing and coloring are Paint Tool Sai, Paint.NET and Gimp.

The opening post says only existing weapon types are allowed: "The weapon must use an existing grip. Melee weapon types that are not already in Warframe are not allowed"

If you paste a link ending in image formats (.jpg .png etc) the forum should automatically embed it.

I mean my own drawing

5 minutes ago, weedabes said:

is it okay if the concept isn't a digital drawing?

i would assume, from the wording of the contest, it is a concept contest. so if your drawing is understandable enough and good enough to get the idea across and is of suitable condition for the 3D modeller i would think it will be ok whether it be digital or paper

already, numerous people have shown scans/photos of their sketchbook and such. so its probably a safe bet that non digital drawings will be acceptable. i also feel that DE would not put people with means and skills to make concepts but without the means to digitally create them at an unfair disadvantage. 

dont take my word for it tho. i aint nobody important enough to make the distinctions :P

Edited by tentacleface762

> IngSaber <

Faction: Tenno
Weapon Grip: Sword / Dagger

> Statistics <

Attack Speed: 1.07 / 1.47

Elemental Type: Electricity b Electricity
Elemental Dmg: 100.0 / 70.0
Crit Chance: 30.0% / 10.0%
Crit Multiplier: 3.0x / 1.5x
Status Chance: 10% / 40%

Special charge attack: It will trigger an energy-bullet that can explode in 7m. and deals knockdown ,Electricity b Electricity proc ,200% damage.

Special slide attack: slide attack will shoot 5 energy-bullet that has 20% damage for each bullet in-front of you.in 90 degree

Special block: IngSaber let the temporary energy-shield to block any damage in 60 degree, but no-reflecting back to enemies/ [Blocking damage  will make the shield breaking, but channeling will stop it]

Wi4HRNE.pngSdVNmz0.pngFxRuXuh.png

Rare Finisher: you will shoot their legs first to make it broken,hit them with Ingsaber.

Holstered: While inactive the light's energy is off (similar to Silva & Aegis) and when active it's energy glows as selected energy color.

04pAPmC.gif

> Description <

A  melee with the unique ability to change forms depending on the stance.Its handle can analyzes the unique fingerprint,Is used by the gun & sword master. 

79ypFFT.png

Edited by -ArGicon-
Add block mode.

Faction : Tenno (Orokin modified)

Description : Tenno Shield Gauntlets.

Shield mode : When parrying with those gauntlets, some parts of them combine into a shield, this shield can converts damage into an energy and the shield will stock this energy, when the shield is full of this energy, the shield mode stops and you cannot parry until the gauntlets have no energy left.

Melee Energy mode : It works like normal gauntlets (same category as the Furax, Fist weapons), but when you punch the ennemies, it slowly drains the stocked energy, when the gauntlets have no energy left, you deal half less damages. So in order to use in full power those fist, you have to switch between parying and the quick release of the energy.

Here's a little picture of this idea, i'm really sorry, I have 0 skill in drawing, so enjoy S#&amp;&#036;ty paint concept art.

Spoiler

2ATGjIk.png

Edited by Hikaru-san

name: iron guard 

faction : grineer 

two heavy reinforceshield

passive: when blocking show how much damage it can take for a period of time

Note: more damage you add the more defense it [sheild heath 500 + pressure point 20% = 1000]

charge attack do knockback

Image result for warframe shield lancer

but two of them

Name: Kubrow's Bane
Grip: Gunblade
Tenno Origin

"A relic from the past when the hunt was THE way of life. Previously remembered only by name an excavation by a lone operative recently uncovered a working model - Hunt in Style"

Slower attack speed at around 0.95
The Standard attack utilizes the pictured blade doing pure slash damage and guaranteed slash proc. These attacks are punctuated by pure puncture single sniper rounds with an innate punch through. The sniper rounds are tinted with toxins for a toxin proc. Finally the finishers are carried out by bashing with the but of the stock in a true old school way. 4d1vmFe.jpg

Made using a weapon design of mine originally used for a RWBY character that fits well here

Name: Couno (latin for Weld)
Grip: Heavy Blade
Faction: Corpus
Brief Description: A heavy blade of  Corpus design originally intended as a welding tool for ships and large machinery with large blasts of plasma, it was later discovered by rebels and later Tenno as an effective melee weapon for its wide reach and light weight in comparison to other "heavy" weapons. When the "blade" is active, the arms (originally used to contain the blade) spread out and the centre dial spins.
Original Artwork:couno_by_diyaru4500-db1a2hz.jpg

Edited by (XB1)Diyaru4500

On 8/29/2016 at 1:35 AM, Trump_2016 said:

How do I redeem the glyph codes that Warframe Youtubers give out? I tried it on the promo code but it didnt work.

On 2/3/2017 at 1:16 PM, Myon- said:

Time to get working then

5 hours ago, SprinKah said:

Faction: GRINEER

Grip Type: Heavy Melee.

Brief Description:

RUNGA

- Charge Attack works something like a whip, A saw blade attached with cable will be launched out, hitting enemies, has very good range.

- Normal attacks are quite slow and doesn't have very good range. But after a successful charge attack, RUNGA will transform, adding more attack speed, damage, status chance to itself a period of time ( 5-10 seconds or so ), this goes for charge attack as well. Buffs are open to be discussed.

- RUNGA relies quite a lot on Charge Attacks to reach its true potential. So maybe, Charge speed should b faster than other heavy melees'.

- Charge attacks deal more damage than other melees.

- Deals mostly SLASH damage and more IMPACT than PUNCTURE.

- Further mechanics and stats may be discussed.

Original Artwork:

17190561_786128084868011_532414399841583

15590330_786040854876734_6154033578163964929_n.jpg?oh=de5dcff670762e87f34cf3e325f1584c&oe=592B1C05

2 hours ago, -Su-Kendo said:

Faction: Grineer
Grip Type: Heavy Sword (Gram, Galatine, etc)
Brief Description:  JATKAS HARKONAR

This weapon is the result of a small combination between weapons of the faction grineer, is a heavy sword with a motor saw. (chainsaw like)

Its base damage would, of course, be Slash and Impact.

Since the event was being given the harkonar armor set, I wanted to do something that would look good with the armor set.

(Im using a translator e.e)
My in game name is "-Su-Kendo"

warframe_mele_concept___jatkas_harkonar_

warframe_mele_concept___jatkas_harkonar_

i WANT THEM

Name of the sword: Exterminator.
Faction: Grineer.
Grip: Giant Sword.
Description: This Giant Sword was created by one of the grineers weaponry engineer's . Sword was created for kill a big amount of enemies and kill enemies with big amount of healtht(armor).

oeseuDu.png

48 minutes ago, (Xbox One)UnitedOrc said:

I mean my own drawing

Upload your file to Imgur or similar, copy the direct link that ends in .jpg or .png or what common format you use, and then make a post here in which you paste that direct link. It should convert into an embedded image.

The Khopesh: 

The Khopesh

made this for Inaros fans. It has a higher than average Channeling Damage, and the blade grows when channeling, which increases the range. 

Grip style is one handed sword (I would say Machete grip, but there isn't a good stance for it)

Edited by Heldras

38 minutes ago, Dragongirl6161 said:

I have zero idea how to post pics on here

post them on like facebook in private or some other photo-sharing website like imgur or something then copy them on here.

or use the "post media" button and add in image url.