Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Best Defense - Melee Creation Contest!

[DE]Megan

On 4/3/2017 at 6:18 PM, Ashvall said:

Faction: Tenno
Brief Description:
"Traditionally used in Tenno ceremony, this ornate umbrella is augmented with bulletproof material and sharp edges to help discerning Tennos in combat."
Uses rapier type grip and when right clicking opens up the umbrella to deflect incoming bullets. The Tenno opens the umbrella and charges forward when doing charge attacks, sending enemies flying. Deals puncture damage and a bit of slash.

ZjHU7ln.jpg

OMG YES

Name: The Kriegsschwert.

Faction: Tenno

Description: Sword grip type. I got the idea for this from my experience practicing Historical European Martial Arts, this weapon is more of a historical based weapon. This is a one or two handed longsword capable of fast cuts and thrusts, it deals primarily slash damage. Enabling alt fire will cause your Warframe to change his grip into whats known as Mordhau. Gripping the sword by the blade and delivering slower heavier blows with the crossguard and pommel. (this was a real anti-armor fighting style used by medieval knights) This mode would deal primarily impact damage.

Wm6ZRno.jpg

Example of alt fire:

Y9y1kO7.jpg

Edited by Markus_Roman
Edited for clarification.

20 minutes ago, (PS4)SemiRT-85 said:

@[DE]Megan can we use any of the factions (orokin and formorian) or just Grineer, corpus, infestation, sentients

I think as long as there's a weapon type already in the game you can do that. Like scythes or swords, and can be from any faction includes, grineer, corpus, orokin, infestation, and tenno. But might also include the kuva dudes or sentients ect.

Name: Feza

Type: Bladewings

Grip: Dual Daggers/Glaive

Description: Six blades (three by each arm) floating near arms. Two of the blades have grips. Utilizes both close and far range combat style. Charged attack creates a quick blade tornado in mid-range.

Spoiler

MFHv4L1.png

Edited by FollowTheFaceless
Added image

Name: Arrhenius (named after Svante Arrhenius, who created a theory on acid-base reactions)

Faction: Infested

Description: This rapier-like appendage appears to have been removed from a more heavily-mutated Infested Ancient. The tendril on the right side of the grip is somewhat subject to physics. The hooked tip wriggles like a claw. The pustules along the sides all pulse with a sickly yellow-green energy color.

Somewhat slower than normal, but has innate Corrosive damage in addition to Impact, Puncture, and Slash.

Channeled Charge Attacks have a guaranteed Corrosive proc. Additionally, channeling while performing a Ground Slam will expend 5 energy to create a Toxic cloud in a 5m radius from the impact point, lasting 5 seconds.

_the_best_defense__warframe_contest__arr

Edited by NeoRetro10K
Cut description down to 100 words.

Name: Karasagata

Type: Blade and Whip

Description: A weapon that has low attack speed (lower than Lacera) but higher range, with ~85% of its damage being slash, with high status and low critical chance. If possible, an alternate stance that is more focused on spins that affect enemies all around, like Tempo Royale or Cleaving Whirlwind.

Edited by BlueLTO
errors

The  Filipino special forces issue a sword to their force recon marines (Philippines' equivalent of America's NAVY SEAL) called a Ginunting. It is one of the few , if not the only special forces unit which has mandatory swordsmanship training.   They train in a martial art known as Pekiti-Tirsia Kali (PTK) . PTK is considered one of the most effective blade-fighting martial arts and is revered, globally. ..  So much so that 40 special forces units from across Planet Earth travel to th Philippines to receive swordsmanship training from the Force Recon Batallion.  The word ginunting comes from the Filipino word  ’gunting’ Which translates to 'scissor'.  I'd imagine dual weilding Nikana-length ginunting would be an appropriate fighting style for a warframe. The filipino martial arts were well respected by Bruce Lee.  Mr.  Lee believed that Escrima or kali was so effective that he incorporated techniques from the fighting style in his own JKD. He was a mutual student and master of Guro Dan Inosanto (Escrima/Kali master), who is now the leading authority on JKD (jeet kune do). They even did movies together.   Anyway, I just picture a Warframe dual weilding the beautiful babies and totally pwning everything in their path , as if the Infested were the dense brush of the Philippine archipelago or anything else, for that matter. 

Thanks for reading and for your consideration. 

TJ

*Edit* P.S.  I'm guessing the damage these swords would do would be predominantly slash damage albeit, the ginunting's curvature is visually, the opposite of a Japanese katana, with the edge on the inside of the curve which makes it more of a chopping weapon than a slasher (for hacking off opponent's limbs at close range). The tips are usually double-edged which allows for thrusting technique as well.

P.P.S. Would definitely be a Tenno weapon  

P.P.P.S.(lol) Maybe the 2 ginuntings would be able to attach at the pommell for a secondary bo staff stance which causes primarily slash damage like the orthos (Prime) ... Sorry for so many edits!!

Edited by (PS4)tygerjonez
Forgot to add important info. Typed this all with ps4 controller. Lol

Seems like the perfect chance to resubmit the melee weapon's I've purposed in the past!

Name: Gore & Grimace

Faction: Infested

Weapon Type: Shield & Sword

Concept Art:

tumblr_ojir9nFGeF1sfxu74o1_1280.jpg

Description: Symbiotes forged from Helminth's Cysts. These creatures can mutate into deadly weapons should their host's life ever be threatened.

MISC INFO: The weapon would be status focused, and would deal slash damage primarily.  It has a natural auto-parry chance of 10% (further boosted by auto-parry mods) upon a successful auto-parry Gore fires out toxic spines in an area in front of you.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1kh3e2f245fkkrg/warframe Bone Khopesh.png?dl=0

alright, here's my entry. i feel like it's missing a lot of detail that makes it 'fit' into the game, but most of that is texture work, this gets the basic idea across at least. i'd LOVE to see some embelishment on the modeler's part if it where chosen XP.

i chose to make a Khopesh because it's a type of sword that hasnt been seen yet. 

Faction: Tenno, fits well with inaros, i think :P
Brief Description: sword.  one handed, fast, likely moderately high piercing and slashing damage, but no impact damage? it features no gimick actions like transforming or the like, so there's not a whole lot to describe. in my head the blade wears tennoish inscription and decoration, but i couldnt figure out how to portray that without ruining the look. i'm open to suggestions! :P

Edited by DaftVenture

So it's kinda a shame that we don't have one of these already. The word Ichor was used in ancient Greece in reference to the Blood that flows in the veins of the gods or the immortals. Tsekouri means ax in Greek.

Tsekouri 

Infested 

Heavy

MR 6(like the dual ichor)

Fire Rate: 1

Physical Damage: None

Elemental Damage: 120 Toxin Damage

Crit Chance: 15

Crit Multiplier: 2.5

Status: 25%(30 would have been on par with the zoren to scindo change but thought it might be too high)

D-Stance polarity

V-Polarity

The ground slam has a 120 toxin damage and also has a 50% chance to proc a toxin effect within a 5m radius(not increased by mods) 

Quick, but horrible, sketch based on the ichors. 

rf6KT74.jpg

Edited by (PS4)jFresh215

Name: Ancile

Stance: Glaive

Description: A sacred shield used ages ago. While blocking, shield will extend outwards to guard wielder. The user is slowed in movement speed while blocking. Blocking will also drain energy from the user. The amount of energy drained depends on the amount of damage absorbed. This weapon will deal primarily Impact damage. 

Edited by (XB1)iOwN Crotheon
Picture would not show up, sorry.

I'm certainly no artist but I've had an idea for a while now. It'd be cool to see what you could do with it.

Name: Alatus

Description: This hybrid weapon functions similarly to the Dark Split Sword. The weapon can be divided into Dual Daggers (Or Fists / Claws if you want) and conjoined into a Glaive, depending on the stance equipped.

Without further ado I present my horrible concept art:

2hnxuuv.jpg

I am try this for the first time so please do not judge me about my design. Plus I can't figure out how to upload my image.

Weapon Type: Scythe and Shield

Weapon Name: Terror & Blight

The lost and darkened sister of Silva and Aegis, DreadScythe & Blight utilizes radiation damage to kill its wielder's enemies. The scythe (Terror) uses the same opening up animation as the dual raza. The shield (Blight) uses the same animation as Aegis but instead of fire, the shield emits a controlled field of irradiated plasma enclosed in a magnetic field that is emitted from the base and portions of the shield.

Tapping melee causes the scythe to deploy using the machete grip style. Charging up the first attack causes a shield bash (just like a grineer shield lancer) and then the second charged attack has the scythe slam down onto the ground sending out a wave of radiation. Pressing defend will bring up the shield and thrust the scythe behind the Waframe. Holstering the weapon causes Terror's blade to fold into its staff and slide right into an opening at the front of Blight.

PTU7Xkd.png

Stats:

Attack speed: 1

Radiation damage: 50 (can be increased)

Slash damage: 25 (can be increased)

Channeling damage: 40 (can be increased)

Channeling cost: 5

Wall attack: 100

Critical chance: 12.5%  (can be increased)

Critical damage: 100 (can be increased)

Slide attack: 100

Air attack: 75

This weapon will have its own stance I call Blighted Storm.

Blighted Storm(polarization Madurai): Quick slashes with powerful slams.

First combo: Corrupted Rain

Tap the melee button three times

Second Combo: Dark Lightning

Tap the melee button twice, pause, then tap melee button four more times. Causes rag doll physics on A.I.

Third combo: Irradiated Thunder

Tap the melee button twice, hold defend button and tap melee button three more times. Causes rag doll physics on A.I.

Spread the Blight: Press melee button while sliding

Pool of Radiation: Press melee button while in the air and looking down (slam attack)

Winds of Poison: Press melee button while in the air

Irradiated Death: Press melee button while looking down on rag dolled enemy (finisher attack)

Edited by (XB1)FrozenMG5

just a quick question, its done anyway but still i hope its not against the rules to update an image. updated mine here with a better image and hope thats not against the rules. OP didnt specify if we may do so during the period this event lasts for so i assume and hope it is legit.

Greetings

1 minute ago, Xydeth said:

just a quick question, its done anyway but still i hope its not against the rules to update an image. updated mine here with a better image and hope thats not against the rules. OP didnt specify if we may do so during the period this event lasts for so i assume and hope it is legit.

Greetings

i dont believe its against the rules

all it says is dont do [spot saving] and images must be your own creation 

revising a bad or updating a new one should be fine 

Keinzai

Derived from german word for none, "keiner," and japense word for existence, "sonzai." Intended to mean "no existence." Not sure if the words are actually correct in my intended meaning because google translate.

Faction: Tenno/Corpus(???)
Description: Gunblade grip. It is sort of a gunblade-hammer type of weapon. Deals mainly impact damage with low status chance and decent critical chance as melee. Charge attack transforms the gun to fire a shotgun blast which deals blast/slash damage with low critical chance and high status chance (30-35%). The shotgun blast has an enourmously wide spread (basically one very big AoE shot) with many pellets (40-50 pellets). It was just a quick little sketch of what it basically looks like, everything else is up to the artist's imagination.

Edited by LilRunt
Used paint to make something that looks a little better. Too lazy to do the transformed/shotgun version though unless people really like this. It looks a little different than my original version, but you get the idea.