Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Banshee: The real ghost

Seir

Question

I have been playing Banshee for a very long time and many people always focuses solely on building her for her Sound Quake, which is very understandable because that CC is very great, but I want to show you a solo'er Banshee build. While this is meant for Solo runs, it can be used for LoR. Because Banshee's role in The Law of Retribution is to add weak points to Hek and make the fight a bit easier. But lets get started. 

This is the build: (One forma)

M3odMUy.jpg

I run 200% Power strength to use Resonance. Adding weak points on enemies on a 70+ minute solo survival run is a very essential key to succeeding with Banshee as a solo runner, and well, it works very well for LoR as previously mentioned. 

Natural Talent, I use it for one and only one reason. Escape. Banshee, even in her Prime version, is still very squishy, and being able to cast a 1.5 second stun almost instantly is very good for escaping and re-positioning.

(Note This will not save you if you get hooked, by lets say, a Ancient or Scorpion. However if you do manage to survive it, you can quickly cast and bullet jump out of there to safety.)

Alternately you can switch Power Drift for Rush.

In39Mdm.jpg

That adds a bit of mobility and elusiveness. But if you have a good mechanical understanding on the movement system in this game, Rush will be more of a waste to you.

Why do I use Steel Charge and not something else? I will explain why. While yes, the build is supposed to work around Sonar, having Riffle Amp, Pistol Amp or any damage increasing Aura mod for Projectiles, would sound better, but this is mere preference in my part, and I will explain why I prefer this. 

Reason one: Naramon's Shadow Step

8HLDSLb.jpg

Having Banshee, turn invisible after critical hits is also a very important part for her survival. Making her not only silent, but invisible, hence a true Ghost (who is ash or loki anyways) 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you use a Crit Based weapon like: 

SStPgwn.jpg

(side note: This is not my primary weapon for Melees. It is the Nikana Prime or Galatine Prime) 

Your chances of becoming invisible are increased drastically, though realistically all you need to pull this off, is 10% crit chance and Maiming Strike. 

Naramon also has:

kw3v5Ly.jpg

(sine note: I learned about Naramon not long ago so that is why I don't have that maxed out) 

Naramon is a great Focus school for solo runs or solo players in general because of the ability to be stealthy. This compliments Banshee in great ways because if she gets caught, she will die very fast, especially in high level missions or runs. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Savage Silence: Savage Silence opens up enemies to finishers and increases finisher damage by 300% but why do I use it if I only use Silence as an escape? That's a simple answer. 

xUm4EMZ.jpg

Arcane Trickery. With this you have 2 ways of turning invisible. Making Savage Silence great for stealth runs or Spy runs if you're fast enough. This just adds another layer of invisibility and an arcane revive. So if you mess up, you get an extra revive on hand. 

(Side note: You will see that I also have Arcane Guardian, while it doesn't do much for Banshee, because of how low armor she has, it's just a nice bit of damage reduction. Any bit helps + another arcane revive) 

That would be all for my Banshee Build. Hope you enjoyed it. If you have any suggestions let me know. 

Edited by NSAlovesMe

2 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

Stopped reading at Naramon, you can't talk about how effective a frame or build is and include Naramon.

That's just cheating.

You don't need Naramon on Banshee. That is what I like to use but you can still do great with her without it. Remember builds are personal preference, and this is mine. And it would be cheating if I used the Telos Boltace with Naramon. That is ridiculous. 

2 hours ago, (PS4)auwsomestgamer said:

I think you're duration is too low for savage silence to be effective because I'm pretty sure the stun only lasts for like 2 sec or something. Good build though I'm currently working on getting naramon unlocked (have maxed zenurik and the vazarin). 

No no, for Silence, I prefer to have it on less duration. Because the stun effect isn't affected by duration, it's a locked stun. So the best thing is, having it on lower duration to be able to cast it more. 

2 hours ago, (PS4)auwsomestgamer said:

Ahh yes, but it doesn't last that long does it? Also using naramon and trickery feels kinda pointless ... but if you have fun with it thats what matters, right?

I added Trickery more or less for the people who don't have, or don't like using Naramon. 

6 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

mimimimi

has a wukong profile tho. Like defy isn't cheating.

Don't forget to hate on loki, ash, huras users, blinding frames etc as well. Or like, any focus and arcane user at all. Beein floodet with energy, insta revives etc are hardly any better depending on the circumstances. You don't use that stuff do you?

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

1 hour ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

has a wukong profile tho. Like defy isn't cheating.

Don't forget to hate on loki, ash, huras users, blinding frames etc as well. Or like, any focus and arcane user at all. Beein floodet with energy, insta revives etc are hardly any better depending on the circumstances. You don't use that stuff do you?

Totally what I meant. Yes. Nice spot. Totally.

The reason I say you can't include Naramon whilst talking about an effective frame build is because it makes the build redundant. An unranked Limbo will be able to do just as well as a maxed out Ember.

Since you ask though, no. I use Unairu.

I would switch steel charge with corrosive cp, and natural talent and vitality for prime flow and quick thinking. As arcanes, i run energize and eruption, way a better choice than trickery and guardian. You could also remove savage silence and do a build with natural talent for mainly resonance , 1 with both augments and 1 just for savage silence. the rest you said reguarding naramon its basic, just crit melee and shadow step.

Edited by (PS4)maso_sage-mode

3 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

Totally what I meant. Yes. Nice spot. Totally.

The reason I say you can't include Naramon whilst talking about an effective frame build is because it makes the build redundant. An unranked Limbo will be able to do just as well as a maxed out Ember.

Since you ask though, no. I use Unairu.

builds or rather possibilitys that are omnipresent on every frame, with every playstyle? But sure, lets ignore the effective FIX DE put in the game. Cause using mechanics as intendet, with appropiate drawback is cheating.

8 hours ago, (PS4)ghinellil said:

Why bring Banshee on LOR? With a Tigris Prime need just a minute for kill him.

Banshee turns those minutes to a instant kill and not to mention, she helps greatly with the G3 on the hijack session. Banshee is amazing on LoR. 

15 hours ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

builds or rather possibilitys that are omnipresent on every frame, with every playstyle? But sure, lets ignore the effective FIX DE put in the game. Cause using mechanics as intendet, with appropiate drawback is cheating.

If you were capable of making sense I'd give you an appropriate response. But you can't, so I won't.

Also, lol at "appropriate drawback", there is no drawback to using Shadow Step. What an utterly nonsensical post.

33 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

If you were capable of making sense I'd give you an appropriate response. But you can't, so I won't.

Also, lol at "appropriate drawback", there is no drawback to using Shadow Step. What an utterly nonsensical post.

Beein forced to constantly be in melee range, struggling to get crits and/or beein forced to even keep your melee weapon equipped is no drawback in your book? Does naramon protect you from stray bullets once you're running with a squad in mentioned melee range? Go ahead and ask a loki main how that usually works out, since naramon players aint to your fancy.

Nonsensical? Pretty sure there's a floodet "warframes and abilitys" feedback section because all frames are beyond perfect and all work on any envirement, however you play them, taking theyr whole kit into consideration. (sarcasm. That's why it may make no sense to you, cause it's really not true)

You're basicly telling everyone here "git gud", for no reason whatsoever, reacting to someone recommending naramon like he insulted your mother.

How much sense does that make to you? Gtfo if you have nothing productive to say.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

22 hours ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

Frickin love stealth banshees btw. Running that setup since focus made its way into the game :)

Try using it with a gas/electro status lacera with maiming strike, ends crowds instantly

So you think the Lacera is worth a second chance? Because I used it and it was okay at best, I will admit that I didn't give it the proper chance it might have deserved. 

10 minutes ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

Beein forced to constantly be in melee range, struggling to get crits and/or beein forced to even keep your melee weapon equipped is no drawback in your book?

In exchange for permanent invisibility and 4x melee damage? HAHAHAHAHAHA. You're funny. /s

10 minutes ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

Nonsensical? Pretty sure there's a floodet "warframes and abilitys" feedback section because all frames are beyond perfect and all work on any envirement, however you play them, taking theyr whole kit into consideration. (sarcasm. That's why it may make no sense to you, cause it's really not true)

You're basicly telling everyone here "git gud", for no reason whatsoever, reacting to someone recommending naramon like he insulted your mother.

How much sense does that make to you? Gtfo if you have nothing productive to say.

Rest of that has literally nothing to do with either what I said, or the topic at hand. You're posting nonsense, get over it.

I'll say it again, Naramon shouldn't be included when showing off a frame build because it renders most of the build obsolete and pushes a certain playstyle.

I could show you a DPS Ember build and a Tank Chroma build, but if both use Naramon it's irrelevant. Naramon will give more DPS than Ember herself puts out, Chroma won't be getting shot as much so doesn't need to Tank and both will have the exact same playstyle.

Please, stop posting nonsense. I haven't forgotten your cries for people to sue DE after the Vulklok was nerfed, you haven't changed at all.

This is why you have over 3,500 posts and only just over 1,000 upvotes. People don't upvote nonsense.

In exchange for permanent invisibility and 4x melee damage? HAHAHAHAHAHA. You're funny. /s

Rest of that has literally nothing to do with either what I said, or the topic at hand. You're posting nonsense, get over it.

I'll say it again, Naramon shouldn't be included when showing off a frame build because it renders most of the build obsolete and pushes a certain playstyle.

I could show you a DPS Ember build and a Tank Chroma build, but if both use Naramon it's irrelevant. Naramon will give more DPS than Ember herself puts out, Chroma won't be getting shot as much so doesn't need to Tank and both will have the exact same playstyle.

Please, stop posting nonsense. I haven't forgotten your cries for people to sue DE after the Vulklok was nerfed, you haven't changed at all.

This is why you have over 3,500 posts and only just over 1,000 upvotes. People don't upvote nonsense.

Most of the time I don't even use Naramon, however it is not an invalid tactic as Banshee herself is super squishy, even the prime version. And you failed to notice that I added Arcane Trickery as another choice if people don't want to use Naramon, either because they don't have it, or pseudo elitism, or whatever other reason they might have. I showed off Naramon to explain why I was using Steel Charge 

On 3/5/2017 at 8:26 PM, NSAlovesMe said:

Why do I use Steel Charge and not something else? I will explain why. While yes, the build is supposed to work around Sonar, having Riffle Amp, Pistol Amp or any damage increasing Aura mod for Projectiles, would sound better, but this is mere preference in my part, and I will explain why I prefer this. 

Reason one: Naramon's Shadow Step

The reasoning was in the post itself. You might have noticed that I was not inherently recommending Naramon. I did recommend Arcane Trickery because of the synergy of Silence and opening to executions. I am a primarily solo endurance runner, and Naramon gives me the extra crit chance and invisibility (though most times I won't use it because it sucks the challenge of the game) The built has no relation to Naramon. It was a side explanation. Drop your empty elitism. This is a PVE game. You are not impressing anybody by saying Naramon is cheating or cheap.   

6 minutes ago, NSAlovesMe said:

Most of the time I don't even use Naramon, however it is not an invalid tactic as Banshee herself is super squishy, even the prime version. And you failed to notice that I added Arcane Trickery as another choice if people don't want to use Naramon, either because they don't have it, or pseudo elitism, or whatever other reason they might have. I showed off Naramon to explain why I was using Steel Charge 

The reasoning was in the post itself. You might have noticed that I was not inherently recommending Naramon. I did recommend Arcane Trickery because of the synergy of Silence and opening to executions. I am a primarily solo endurance runner, and Naramon gives me the extra crit chance and invisibility (though most times I won't use it because it sucks the challenge of the game) The built has no relation to Naramon. It was a side explanation. Drop your empty elitism. This is a PVE game. You are not impressing anybody by saying Naramon is cheating or cheap.   

Noticed, didn't care, didn't mention. I don't care why you use Naramon, I haven't asked for why you're using it nor have I insinuated or otherwise implied I wanted to know your reasoning.

This isn't elitism. This is me saying that Naramon renders your a lot of build moot. That's it.

Your Natural Talent? Irrelevant, you're invisible. Your Vitality? Irrelevant, you're invisible. CC? Irrelevant, you're invisible.

It's a good build, don't ruin it by including Naramon.

Noticed, didn't care, didn't mention. I don't care why you use Naramon, I haven't asked for why you're using it nor have I insinuated or otherwise implied I wanted to know your reasoning.

This isn't elitism. This is me saying that Naramon renders your a lot of build moot. That's it.

Your Natural Talent? Irrelevant, you're invisible. Your Vitality? Irrelevant, you're invisible. CC? Irrelevant, you're invisible.

It's a good build, don't ruin it by including Naramon.

If you don't care about x and y, then get your irrelevant attitude out of the thread and go bother somebody else.I know what you're trying to say, and I already explained to you why it was there, and you're still complaining about Naramon being there. Don't you have something better to do? This is why BouseFeenux stopped making builds on his Youtube channel. There's always somebody that comes in and talks trash. 

28 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Never used a vulklok in my life but ok.

Remember you tho, beein salty as can be, constantly hating on anything that could be consideret making the game "boring", most likely because you've been bored by the game yourself for a long time, unable to admit this simple fact and thus blaming it on, to you, completely irrelevant circumstances. What is it to you how other people play theyr stuff as long as they're not trolling you? Na, seriously, tell me.

Try taking a break every once in a while. You might be able to actually enjoy the game then.

29 minutes ago, NSAlovesMe said:

So you think the Lacera is worth a second chance? Because I used it and it was okay at best, I will admit that I didn't give it the proper chance it might have deserved. 

Basedamage is still beein relatively low but the way gas proccs work makes it one of the best, if not THE best offhand melee weapon for any hoarding frame (mag, vauban, nidus), for any frame that is able to use multipliers without a crit build (ash, wukong) and lastly for any frame that boosts melee damage at all.

Put 2 status/element mods in (preferably for gas) and you get a 99% status chance outa this weapon, it having a elemental base and thus strongly pushing the gas chance (physical weapons have a 4x higher odd to procc physical status), gas scaling from actually dealt damage, rather then just basedamage like most status types do. Maiming strike, naramon stealth and ideally condition overload add multipliers there you would normally miss not playing a pure crit build and the gas/electric proccs that resonate on close enemys easily make it surpass pure crit builds. I'd definitly recommend you taking a second look at this weapon ;) plus it's direct extra damage, rather then potential extra damage like for example slash proccs, which work rather well for frames like banshee.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

2 hours ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

Never used a vulklok in my life but ok.

Remember you tho, beein salty as can be, constantly hating on anything that could be consideret making the game "boring", most likely because you've been bored by the game yourself for a long time, unable to admit this simple fact and thus blaming it on, to you, completely irrelevant circumstances. What is it to you how other people play theyr stuff as long as they're not trolling you? Na, seriously, tell me.

Try taking a break every once in a while. You might be able to actually enjoy the game then.

Basedamage is still beein relatively low but the way gas proccs work makes it one of the best, if not THE best offhand melee weapon for any hoarding frame (mag, vauban, nidus), for any frame that is able to use multipliers without a crit build (ash, wukong) and lastly for any frame that boosts melee damage at all.

Put 2 status/element mods in (preferably for gas) and you get a 99% status chance outa this weapon, it having a elemental base and thus strongly pushing the gas chance (physical weapons have a 4x higher odd to procc physical status), gas scaling from actually dealt damage, rather then just basedamage like most status types do. Maiming strike, naramon stealth and ideally condition overload add multipliers there you would normally miss not playing a pure crit build and the gas/electric proccs that resonate on close enemys easily make it surpass pure crit builds. I'd definitly recommend you taking a second look at this weapon ;)

Alright, I will go and build it again and see what I can get out of it. As for Melee's I always stick to the Atterax for whip-like weapons. I love that one. 

edit Isn't gas being nerfed? 

Edited by NSAlovesMe