Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How's Nyx?

mosaickle

Question

7 answers to this question

Need a bit more information to go on.

She's good CC, I enjoy chasing down runners with her Chaos augment but she doesn't do enough AoE damage with her abilities to suit me.

Her alt helms are a riot and make me think of hanging socks off them but she has a decent figure - nicely proportional. 

Nyx- Looks great.

Nyx Prime- Looks Greater.

As for gameplay, you don't see her very often, but that's because playing her with public groups often lowers her usefulness. (A DPS frame can come by and wipe out all the enemies that you just CCed into fighting each other)

That said, in an incomplete squad or in solo play, nyx can be a monster. Instantly causing all enemies to start targeting each other is a monster of an ability because it will scale infinitely with enemy level, and helps keep the team from getting slaughtered by high level enemies. Not to mention you can mind-control bombards, heavy gunners, bursas, etc, turning them into your very own walking turret of death. Absorb is basically cheating: invincibility PLUS a giant explosion when the ability is cancelled? A+ ability righ tthere.

tl;dr: Nyx is good.

SHe is my goto for some missions such as sortie survival and anything where I dont need to move around much, I have her built for her 4th with augment - makes her unkillable. The current sortie survival I used her and got most  kills by a long stretch and took 0 damage - my aterax was at 4x multiplyer for a long while :)

I dont tend to use her for her other skills though, find them a bit average, chaos can be ok though.

20 minutes ago, Atylia said:

How is she in solo/team play? How well can she hold her own? She isn't too hard to play is she? 

She is very good in both solo an team because she just forces everyone to target their allies.

Like is said you won´t get your &#! shot by a Bombard but when you get targeted use 4 she dies very Fast. 

She is pretty easy to pick up and play yes.

An she is a very fun frame to play.

26 minutes ago, redeyedtreefrog said:

Nyx- Looks great.

Nyx Prime- Looks Greater.

This is the reason why i got Nyx Prime back then and now she is my go to frame.

Very easy to use. She's my frame to fall back onto when I get bored of Nezha or Nekros.

Her augments are what makes her even better. Area of Denial on her 3rd and a better specter for her 1st is great. If you want to solo a Sortie doing nothing, her 4th augment can do that. Just walk toward your goal and exit.